No announcement yet.

DM-FractalCore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more impressed at how fast you managed to do that mock up.

Im clocking out for the night, Ill spent tomorrow working on lighting, I lost so much time getting to know how the network function calls worked.

But Ill leave you with a build of the latest version
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwuv2iz0tk...ditor.pak?dl=0

This is just for a quick testing preview lighting and such, I wont update OP with it as I have to fix the particles causing slight frame rate issues, but at least you can test out how the map plays over a network and the slight change of colours in the halls

Thanks for really putting a lot of effort in with the feed back, this makes me want to make the map work
    Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
    Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
    Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

I like the hallway differentiation. Kazeo's idea is cool but just don't let any of the map areas get too dark. You're doing a great job on this man!
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hey Ven, a while back you said you were having trouble getting the music to loop. I just spent a little time fiddling with that; all you have to do is check the 'looping' box on the sound file's properties. Setting its type to music probably wouldn't hurt either. :P

Comment

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
          Hey Ven, a while back you said you were having trouble getting the music to loop. I just spent a little time fiddling with that; all you have to do is check the 'looping' box on the sound file's properties. Setting its type to music probably wouldn't hurt either. :P
          This worked , thanks
          Might add an extra 15mb onto the download size, what is an avg size of a map?? I feel mine is getting bigger then it should be
          Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack

Comment

I don't think there is an average yet, the game is too new. I very strongly agree with you on filesize though, it's 20mb for a 120s audio file for me. We desperately need Epic to allow us to import something other than .wav into the game or we'll never have any custom music. Even FLAC would be smaller.

Comment

Update on Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Venguard View Post
                Update on Progress
                Wow! Awesome progress! The 'red side, blue side' is a bit of a brute-force way to fix the lack of directionality, but it looks awesome, so I can't even complain! Good job!

I have to ask, is the skybox meant to be so dark? The exterior 'station' and everything is nearly black, is that intentional? (The correct answer is 'no', by the way) you should probably add a bit more interest and brightness to the outside area.

Like I said before, outer-space isn't really that dark. It's quite bright, and a planet takes up nearly an entire hemisphere of your view in low-orbit, so hey, all I can point to now is have more fun with the skybox an you'll have a ****-near flawless map. Good work on the progress. You deserve a lot of recognition for this one.

Comment

Sky box was disabled during the lighting build it's okay I only noticed it as I looked out the windows in the video , it's why I looked away so fast , I think I accidentally deleted it while redoing all the lights
                  Good to know you like the update

Comment

Great job, he's missing has add reflections capture sphere and it will be superb!
                    MOD Crysis :Crysis Expanded
                    MOD Crysis 2: Crysis Revival
                    MAP UT4: DM-TheEDge51 QuarryStone

Comment

Wow B6b looks like massive changes! Can't wait to try it out. It looks like this weekend's UT build will add the built-in support for mods on standard Hubs so I should be able to put it on my Hub. The only other thing will be if they fixed the download timeout on large files.
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                        Wow B6b looks like massive changes! Can't wait to try it out. It looks like this weekend's UT build will add the built-in support for mods on standard Hubs so I should be able to put it on my Hub. The only other thing will be if they fixed the download timeout on large files.

I hope so the map is getting really big and the fact I added in mech8 music has made it bigger, might get a .pak out tonight, fingers crossed

Comment

Apparently the music compresses when you .pak the level.

Gotta remember that standards are different now too. I thought my current level was getting big at 20mb with meshes and materials and music, but I'm seeing a lot of greybox levels at 30-50mb atm.

Comment

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
                            Apparently the music compresses when you .pak the level.

Gotta remember that standards are different now too. I thought my current level was getting big at 20mb with meshes and materials and music, but I'm seeing a lot of greybox levels at 30-50mb atm.
                            hmmm im going to hit just under 180mb id day , sure on my connection it would only take me a few seconds to download but some people are still on really bad connections and a size like that might deter them from downloading it.

Ill know it a little while how bit it will be .pak is building

Comment

UPDATE 30/4/15

B6b Changes:
                              Lower level and tunnels have been totally redesigned, this should hopefully clear up some confusion on what direction you are facing.
                              I may change the mid section pipes back to a window depending on feedback.
                              Added mech8 music
                              Map size is slightly smaller with some changes made

Things That need to be fixed:
                              Laser bugs out the trap door on the first fire when online (only the first one rest are fine)
                              Might of made the floor texture to bright and it now makes the map really bright...good or bad ill wait for feed back, some people might like the shadows in the video before the change.

DOWNLOAD BETA 6b: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g4adybiu8...ditor.pak?dl=0

Comment

Yes, claustrophobic on!
                                work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Working...
                                X