No announcement yet.

DM-FractalCore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dat music. Dat trap. Nostalgia. Awesome.

General brightness is a lot better now. Now I'd add some detail (spot)lights to add some variation.

Comment

I'd personally make the upper level platform a bit narrower to open up for more interesting ground level <-> upper level fights. They feel a bit too disconnected to me with such a cramped open gap in the middle. Doesn't need to be as narrow as in the original as that really makes it very spammy in the gameplay which was kinda frustrating but this version looks to be 3x as wide on the upper level so there's some room to play with here, I'd try with maybe 2x the width of the original. :P
      Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-05-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
        I'd personally make the upper level platform a bit narrower to open up for more interesting ground level <-> upper level fights. They feel a bit too disconnected to me with such a cramped open gap in the middle. Doesn't need to be as narrow as in the original as that really makes it very spammy in the gameplay which was kinda frustrating but this version looks to be 3x as wide on the upper level so there's some room to play with here, I'd try with maybe 2x the width of the original. :P
        Im with you on this one, as of right now I feel like the whole upper area needs a rework, iv played a few bots games and the first thing you do when you spawn top is just down, there is no reason to stay up there, I was thinking if I swap the health and Rocket launcher around and then add a railing to drop down area facing the spawn it would force the player to move to the side (were the RL is now) and this would more then likely cause you to get into a small battle with the person spawning on the other side

^^ hope this make sense I should really just draw a picture
        Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
        Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
        Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

Looking cool, where did you get those Outpost23 assets? I can't find them anywhere.

Comment

Good job mate Just need to make the floor trap.
            Join the community Facebook page
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Was wondering if anyone was going to make Fractal. I'd agree with people saying it doesn't really feel like fractal even if it looks the part (too big). I think a fractal-like scale would probably be moving the walls in to where your ramp ends and the floor begins. When testing the trapdoors out I noticed that they dont respond to rockets, so just a heads up.

Other feedback: In UT99 Fractal you couldn't dodge over the gap to grab the belt but you could jump over it, this made a nice risk reward to grabbing the belt. The trap door was also a portal that you could see the other end of the map from above, this is much cooler than just a pit into a zappy death area. Last thing about the portal, it was survivable! If positioned perfectly you could land on the plasma generators and catch people by surprise underneath. Fractal wasn't nearly as tight inbetween floors and this allowed players to have more firefights from top to bottom with open air. The fractal-core narrow hole with blocking ledges hurt this sort of dynamic, there's too much in the way for true firefights to break out.
              Last edited by FirebornForm; 04-05-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garuDa View Post
                Looking cool, where did you get those Outpost23 assets? I can't find them anywhere.
                Liandri folder

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
                  Was wondering if anyone was going to make Fractal. I'd agree with people saying it doesn't really feel like fractal even if it looks the part (too big). I think a fractal-like scale would probably be moving the walls in to where your ramp ends and the floor begins. When testing the trapdoors out I noticed that they dont respond to rockets, so just a heads up.

Other feedback: In UT99 Fractal you couldn't dodge over the gap to grab the belt but you could jump over it, this made a nice risk reward to grabbing the belt. The trap door was also a portal that you could see the other end of the map from above, this is much cooler than just a pit into a zappy death area. Last thing about the portal, it was survivable! If positioned perfectly you could land on the plasma generators and catch people by surprise underneath. Fractal wasn't nearly as tight inbetween floors and this allowed players to have more firefights from top to bottom with open air. The fractal-core narrow hole with blocking ledges hurt this sort of dynamic, there's too much in the way for true firefights to break out.
                  As of right now I am re-sizing the whole map, its down from 1000 units wide to 800, the side areas have been made smaller by 200 units in width and 100 units in length, the center pit has been re-sized to just about make a jump over it (this was needed anyhow due to map resizing) also death ray has been fixed to always kill you now

Still a very much WIP, when iv done all the re-sizing ill upload the .pak for more feed back which so far has been amazing response
                  Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack

Comment

has you lightning update in an new Pak?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                      has you lightning update in an new Pak?
                      No sorry, map is getting a big overhall at the moment due to alot of feed back, but here is what the new resized hallway looks like

Attached Files

Comment

I have a Idea for a new Name for the Map Liandri Core its that a great Idea?

Comment

Sup Venguard. Here's a video showing the risk rewards of the shield belt, you can only grab it by risking your life (dodging or walking onto the belt) jumps cleared the trap but missed the belt. Also a video on showing the survivable trap that added an extra dynamic to the map. You could even fight on the plasma generators and jump across or dodge to them.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
                            Sup Venguard. Here's a video showing the risk rewards of the shield belt, you can only grab it by risking your life (dodging or walking onto the belt) jumps cleared the trap but missed the belt. Also a video on showing the survivable trap that added an extra dynamic to the map. You could even fight on the plasma generators and jump across or dodge to them.

Wow thanks for this video, I did not know you could survive the pit fall I always gave up when i fell down, that should be doable in the map....

I have changed the pit size to be jump able now and miss the belt but I have no idea how to limit the double jump distance in UT4 (feels like UT double jump is less maybe im wrong)
                            Last edited by Venguard; 04-05-2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I think you're talking about the dodge length, unfortunately in UT4 the dodge is just as long as a jump so you can't have the same risk reward. In UT4 if you can jump the gap, you can dodge the gap which means people could grab the belt with no risk by dodging across the pit. Unless the UT4 dodges change, it's better to have the gap be too long to jump or dodge across.

Comment

Fireborn the trap doors not responding to rockets is a newnet bug rockets can open and should open trap. Also you can dodge over it and get belt. Yeah you can survive the trap Venguard just dont touch the cross

Last edited by code187; 04-05-2015, 08:36 PM.
                                Join the community Facebook page
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Working...
                                X