This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Antnee83 View Post
    Couple more progress pics... starting to take shape!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_23563.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	394379
    Hi @Antnee83

Have you continued working on this? Looking really good
    WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
    Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

• So, since I've release CTF-Infiltrate, for the second time, I decided to remake one of my own UT3 map, which is DM-Aly Second Edition Therefore, since DM-Delta and CTF-Infiltrate didn't receive enough comments / feedback for my taste, don't expect this new map to be release anytime soon. This is more about to show the dev of the map. Note that this information as been posted in the beginning of october at my blog.

- Made the terrain, started to add BSP and mesh the Stinger area lower part. Note that there is now a small tunnel instead of a hole in the stone wall. Added rocks too to start define the play area.
      - Assign by creating and choosing the right materials at the beginning.
      - The round plate on the terrain is where the belt is located.
      This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

- Continue adding BSP / meshes to the Stinger area and add the JumpPad too.
      This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

- Continue adding meshes to the Stinger upper area. Added more rocks and made the master rock material.
      - Imported custom tree, grass and made the various materials. Added more rocks. I've made lot's of material changes at that part of the dev process.

- Mesh the Link Gun area. I was greatly inspired by TitanPass and Underland when I've made that part of the map.
      - Added more rocks and remade the master rock material.
      - Add blocking volume as soon as I feel the area is rather finished (for walls mostly). That method goes as long as I meshing the map. I never wait to the end before starting to add the blocking volumes.

- Mesh the Flak area.
      - Create the landscape material and shaped the landscape.
      - Added PostProcess / reflection boxes / reflection spheres and basic lighting.

- Lot's of time as been put looking at the up-right of the map. Also, the right part of the image feature the Grenade Launcher and the Lighting gun
      - To many things as been made everywhere just to write them all!
      - Re-remade the master rock material.

I plan to add plants (more tress, bushes, grass, vines, etc) and leaf particle like in the original along the way
      Stevie's corner

Maps, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
      Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Software tools & resources

Comment

• Wow, no post since 2 weeks in this thread ! Ho well...

Aly dev is finally reaching a nice look. I’m happy with the current status.

While the map is fully playable, it will receive more love. I'm making it prettier. For reference, the UT3 version is available right here. I'm also learning how to use the sequencer to make a video which honestly isn't obvious!

Stevie's corner

Maps, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
        Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Software tools & resources

Comment

• Looking forward to play the UT4 version of your map @Stevelois
          WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
          Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

• Stevelois We don't post here as often as we should but the Chaos:UT team has been humming along. Here is some of my most recent work:

Last edited by thatscrawnyki; 01-15-2018, 12:21 AM.
            Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
            Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Working...
            X