• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Arachnid

Download available!

Version 1.0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5cepe4grn...ditor.pak?dl=0

Gameplay video
    Last edited by Seraium; 04-27-2015, 03:19 PM.

Here is a new update

Comment

Looks great! Love the lighting scheme

Comment

^ Indeed. The lighting looks just deliciously nicely looking/configured. The orange emitting light from the protective grille windows and the fluorescent lamps makes the game feel very high quality. UE4 engine really does the lighting nicely.
        Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-13-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Yes, looking good. Will be following this one. Make sure to have some well lit areas . That first screenshot looks a bit too dark.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by Seraium View Post
            Here is a new update

Hmmmmm... looks like the dog scene in Alien 3 ! love it

Comment

Ceiling looks a bit messy with all those lights, maybe the ones on the left are not necessary... Or at least switch all of them them to single tubes.
              Also I don't think you need to add a third light type like the round blue ones on the first screen.

Comment

Hey

Thanks for the feedback i will try out a few other things with the amount of light.

Comment

Neat lighting, looking good so far!

I would really like to see more the of the gameplay spaces. Right now it just looks like a scene rather then a level.

Comment

I have redone the first room (the first screenshot i posted), this room has 3 entries, two at the bottom and one at the top.
                    This will be connected to a larger room that will be the main combat area.

Comment

Man, nice screenshots but gameplay-wise this map is dark as ****

Comment

I guess no skylightning is configured in this map, but the maps are kinda dark looking without it, am I correct? Although I think it's not really THAT dark, it's mood-dark to add more atmosphere but you can still see stuff fine. Often when the lighting is brought up you also effectively kill the atmosphere in the process so need to be careful but it probably has some room to be made brighter without killing the atmosphere in this case.
                        Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-15-2015, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I also agree, it is a bit dark. In general, I tend to think of it from a players perspective. If a player has to double take or cannot effectively track an enemy due to the environment being to dark then it should be brightened up.

However I would like to see some maps experiment with silhouettes. I believe their can be a little wiggle room to leave areas dark if players can see outlines of enemies. This might be something that could work in areas of your level too. Just a minor thought.

Comment

Download and gameplay video available in the first post.
                            I have made the map a little brighter, don´t show to well in the video for some reason.

Comment

Have not had a chance to play it but looking at the video it seems the scale is bit to big, but that just at a first glance ill check it out. lighting and mesh work looks great.
                              Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
                              Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
                              Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

Working...
                              X