DM-Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] DM-Vortex

Just played a game in this one. Plays fluently and weapon placement is excellent. Fun +1.
    Couple of items on my mind though.

This suction volume at the bottom suddenly takes and stops you on your track, with a sort of nudge. But if you dodge in it from the story above, it does it smoothly. It feels better when it's smooth.

30% of the time it doesn't let me go down here.

such big mistake omg doge

Yippee Kay-yay motherf*cker
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 04-09-2015, 06:38 PM.

I really like this map, it has a really cool mechanic! Although I find it kinda wierd how the fan up to the armor vest doesn't follow the same principle, it's kinda inconsistent IMO...
    My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Comment

Originally posted by Darksteel View Post
      I really like this map, it has a really cool mechanic! Although I find it kinda wierd how the fan up to the armor vest doesn't follow the same principle, it's kinda inconsistent IMO...
      It wouldn't work because reverse gravity would take you out of the trajectory towards the armor. Bouncer feels fine to me.

Comment

Yes the Map its cool

Comment

I've been bugging him to make a thread for his map for the past week... I'm glad someone finally did it for him!

Comment

Originally posted by [Epic]stuman View Post
            I've been bugging him to make a thread for his map for the past week... I'm glad someone finally did it for him!

Thanks dudes for the feedback, the more the better!
            Attached Files

Comment

True. What happened to volumes that could push people around? If those are still around you could use one of them...
              My maps: DM-Incomplete | DM-Archives | DM-Foundry | DM-Sewage

Comment

Map really didn't do anything for me. Felt like it had a bunch of long-ish corridors and not much z-axis gameplay except around the bouncey areas

Comment

Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                  Map really didn't do anything for me. Felt like it had a bunch of long-ish corridors and not much z-axis gameplay except around the bouncey areas
                  Yes, this is a good point, the original intent was to design a layout that was extremely simple and easy to learn, without requiring much spacial awareness that is needed for some of the other levels. We had a great time playing this with TDM as it lends itself to grouping up and holding specific areas.

I will be rebuilding the very long bottom corridor, so it makes sense to add something a little vertical there if possible.

Cheers

Comment

Had half life 1 flashbacks when I seen the fan , nice map

Comment

I played this map 2 nights ago and thought it was really fun. Keep up the good work.

Comment

The New Build has a Update from Vortex its very cool yes

Comment

Jump off the Redeemer lift while it's in midair. If you put your back to the wall and hold down S, when the lift comes down on your head, you'll glitch through the wall.
                          Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

I was just watching Flak stream this. I must say the chest armour placement really bugs me. Not fold of that little platform which demands you use air control to access. I'd be tempted to put the armour there (maybe with the base upsidown) without a platform so you have to use the pad to grab it but you don't have to stop. Makes grabbing it more of a risk too.

Comment

Not sure whether this has been discussed yet. But the belt area feels a bit overpowered due to the RL, link combo being close by as well as the berserk, vials, both hp bubbles. Maybe that area could get a nerf as it really feels quite dominant.

Comment

Working...
                              X