Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-1on1-Roughinery

Hi Guys,

I just started mapping lately. At the moment I am working on a remake of the UT2004 map Roughinery. The proportions are the same so you can do every jump like in the original version. Because of the different movement the map is a bit smaller but it feels really good in my opinion.

I just created the basic layout. I didnt finished the lighting yet so the video is recorded in Unlit-Mode. The wall and floor textures are obviously not final.

What I am interested in is how you think about the movement and gameplay of the map so far. Really looking out for some feedback of you guys

There are already remakes of roughinery ... I don't think there is a need for one more.
    If you see me grinning, it's a disguise.
    If you see me grinning, don't trust my lies.
    When the ink dries, we'll have another masterpiece.
    When the drink dies, we'll have another restless sleep.

Comment

milb is right, he is ruthless and dont even nocited the good stuff you've done, but he's right
      DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
      Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

I just noticed that there is one other version in progress but is there already a map out what i can download and play? Cant find one.

Whats about Ironic? Are there already remakes done? Maybe i try to copy that map too.

Comment

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ght=roughinery There should be a download-link in the first post. Though I don't now of the map-file is working with the latest update.
          Afaik, there is no Ironic-Remake by now. But why don't you try something yourself? Or just try to pick the best pieces of the maps you like and build a new layout upon this?
          Last edited by milb; 04-11-2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Don't let the downers get you down. Remake what you want to remake, it will help you learn in the long run.

So long as you don't get upset that your remake doesn't get played as much, all said and done, you learned something in the process.

Comment

I also working on my own maps. I just started mapping 2 weeks ago. And how raxxy said you can learn a lot if you just copy maps

Comment

Here's the UT3-Map-List: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...2-UT4-Map-list Most Maps are listed here ...

Copying Maps might help learning mapping. But I still think it's better to go your own ways. It's always good to know what you like. So play maps over and over again. Also it might help to watch e-sport-matches. It's always interesting to see how those guys move through your layout. I've been watching a lot of QL-matches lately. This gave me a lot of cool ideas.

P.S. Your version of Roughinery looks good to me. Proportions seem to be right. For only two weeks into mapping it's a real good start.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I am pretty familar with eSport in UT, played 99 and 2004 for many years. What I am more struggeling about is having good ideas but I am making progress

Comment

Working...
                  X