DM-DeckX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-DeckX

EDIT: I decided to completely re-do this whole thing. Now it's called DeckX and this is what it looks like:

DOWNLOAD: https://ut.rushbase.net/luauDesign/D...wsNoEditor.pak

-------

So I'm adapting DM-DeckTest to work more fluidly in 1-on-1 and take the best out of the game mechanics without making them look repetitive and annoying, like doing 3 consecutive dodges in the same direction to get through a corridor, spending too much time in the same "place" even if you're moving the entire time.

It's very early WIP but this is how it's going so far:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniDeck_WIP_001.png
Views:	1
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	356178Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniDeck_WIP_002.png
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	356179Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniDeck_WIP_003.png
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	356180Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniDeck_WIP_004.png
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	356181Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniDeck_WIP_005.png
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	356182Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniDeck_WIP_006.png
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	356183Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniDeck_WIP_007.png
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	356184

The main changes so far are:
    • I took one of the 3 middle ramps out to shorten the central area of the map (pics 1 and 5).
    • brought the Sniper-Flak corridor closer to the bulk of the map. The ramp to Sniper is now right close to the elevator room (pic 2), and the connector from the corridor to the lower ramp that leads to the Link Gun is less than the space of a dodge (pic 6).
    • also brought the other corridor closer. The two pairs of vials near the elevator room are as close as the ramp to Sniper. Two silos were added to replace both the boxes on the center of the map and the wall the separates the corridor, which further shortened the size of the map. The top of the silos is playable.
    • enlarged the elevator room and cleaned it, leaving only one big box in the center, with the health packs behind it and the Vest on top of it.
    • added a two way teleport from the end of the pool room to the smaller Bio pit with the other Flak Cannon.

I'm going to move some pickups around, add a helmet somewhere and put something on top of the silos, and add a way from the lower Sniper to the platform with the Bio, so it's not a wasted space on the map that nobody ever uses.

Please, tell me what you guys think so far.

EDIT:

Download of the very early prototype is up!

https://ut.rushbase.net/luauDesign

I didn't calc or plan ammo at all yet, it's just some left-overs from the original map.

I didn't fix any textures or anything really, it's a mess. But... I made a very basic edit of what the cylinders should look like

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deck8.png
Size:	912.5 KB
ID:	357014

Yay, this map is on Hubs already! Have fun playing ppl!
    Last edited by LuAu.LwOw; 07-30-2015, 09:19 AM.
    DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

cool!

could you please provide a pak-download? thx in advance!

Comment

Awesome idea. Call it 'Deck-8'

It's half of Deck16!

I love the direction this is going.

Comment

Originally posted by dWLkR View Post
        cool!

could you please provide a pak-download? thx in advance!
        I'm figuring out issues with packaging in my machine and then, if it works I'll share this one and two other unique duel maps later to today

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
        Awesome idea. Call it 'Deck-8'

It's half of Deck16!

I love the direction this is going.
        Deck-8 is awesome It's decided then!
        DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Comment

Who would have know, this deck is actually a brilliant idea. It works really good has a 1on1 map!

Has anyone ever did this in other UT's?

Keep it going, Deck 8 will be awesome!
          work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Prototype is up!

Pretty early stage, tho. I didn't fix textures or anything, but worked the cylinders very basically to give an idea of what they should look like. I also didn't even think about ammo, no idea at all where they are, there's probably no balance at all, some weapons might have too many, others too little. Whatever, I fix it later, first let's get the general layout working

https://ut.rushbase.net/luauDesign

(The other two duels maps are there too, they do got ammo in the right places :P)

Comment

Yay, this map is on Hubs already! Have fun playing ppl!

Comment

It still wasn't working so I decided to completely redo the whole map from scratch:

Comment

DOWNLOAD: https://ut.rushbase.net/luauDesign/D...wsNoEditor.pak
                  Last edited by LuAu.LwOw; 07-26-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X