Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-w00tabulous

*NEW: V4 Added*

I know some people are already doing it... but well I was doing it and so I wanted complete it, it's just the remake of the first original w00tabulous from Unreal Tournament 1 (UT99).

So, the textures I used are the same of the original map, just made them a lot more realistic, and I did some other things, just see the screenshoots and use the map on your server if you want

NOTE
    : I can't rebuild the light cause of this UnrealTournament-Editor bug (This means, I will need to re-create all the map geometry).

Here are some screenshoots with the link to the *.pak at the bottom:

Download: (You can find it in this list of maps, it is named "CTF-w00tabulous") https://ut.rushbase.net/FunkyPrince/...015)/Maps/w00t
    Direct PAK download: https://ut.rushbase.net/FunkyPrince/Unreal_Tournament(2015)/Maps/w00t/CTF-w00tabulous_v4-WindowsNoEditor.pak
    Night PAK download: cannot insert this at the moment, because of this problem I get, when trying to package it.

ChangeLogs:
    v4:
    - Added version to the name of the map file (not to the name of the map itself).
    - Added some lights on the sniper platform.
    v3:
    - I put back the missing w00tpad.
    v2:
    - No need to use the w00t_game_mode to operate to the special effects and other functions in the level. This means, w00t_game_mode has been removed.
    - Known bugs: I wrongly deleted a w00tpad.
    v1.5:
    - Map ported to the new version of UT2015, cause it didn't work anymore.
    - Known bugs: The w00t_game_mode cannot be selected anymore, and this causes all the w00t_game_mode functions to not to operate when playing the level.
    v1:
    - Special effects like 3D space distortion cause of player speed.
    - The player gets pain and starts to deform when goes over the global spaceships radius.
    - Need to play it with w00t_game_mode in order to use the special effects and to kill the player when goes over the global spaceships radius.
    - Known bugs: If feign a death while over the global spaceships radius, the player gets continuously bigger.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Francesco Biscazzo; 01-07-2016, 08:46 PM.

the stats look distracting imo
    ut4 @ ESL
    skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
    usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
    skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

This has the spaceship feel that I think it fits w00t but I don't really like the textures and the stats. But it's on the good way to be best w00t, keep working on it The other w00ts are a bit meh and the scale in comparison to the ut99 are always off.
      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I'm certain it plays wonderfully - but WOW. Those textures are um.... really something, haha.
        ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
        CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
        , Twitch

Comment

Perfect scaling anyway i must have to say the the floor seems to be somewhat bright. as if the crosshair fades into it maybe that needs a little fix other than that it looks pretty **** good, but ehm maybe the side jumppads needs a little work.
          The spawns are not qorking properly too as i spawn with my face into the wall.

A DY version of this w00t would be nice too where the teleport below will be replaced with a jumppad and the platform high in the sky removed.

Other than that the map seems working just fine.
          Last edited by iMpure; 04-15-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

it hase realy some nice details
            Admin @JoinTheForce Online Gaming Community
            Playing UT Since 99

- CTF-W00T - CTF-Tourney - DM-BioLab - CTF-WickedX - CTF-TwinTombs - My entire map list

Comment

As I said, the textures are the original ones from UT99, so it was actually very difficult to make them seem realistic and having different lightmass calculations.
              Plus, I did intersect all the platforms of the map making an unique BSP, it helped me for different stuff but... I didn't know about the Engine-BUG that messed up every material after building the geometry, as I said here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...o-the-map.html and so it will be really a lot difficult to remove only a platform(the one high in the "sky") cause obviously it will mess up every material in the map.

Actually I was thinking about removing all the sounds from the map, no volume... cause, there's no sound in space .o. But it wouldn't be so cool to play a silent UT

Comment

how do i open this map? i have downloaded it and i can do "open CTF-w00tabulous" from the console but it either crashes the game or gets stuck on the loading page... help anyone? Thanks

Comment

I think that it hasn't been packed with the newest editor version. It won't work if it's not.
                  DM-Temple of the Sun

DM-Plunge 2.0 (working title)

Comment

Exactly! The map crashes even if I try loading it into the editor. This means, I cannot continue it if I don't get it to work on the editor
                    EDIT: I was able to open the map finally, and I re-packed the map, so now I put a second note and a direct PAK download to the main post.
                    Last edited by Francesco Biscazzo; 10-31-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Added w00tabulous version 2!

Yep! I added the version 2 of this w00tabulous, read the changelogs if you're interested :3

Comment

Please use versioning with future .pak releases so not to create any conflict with server to client if a client has your old version with a new version with changes and bearing the same name! ... that = bad FYI!

your spawns are facing the wall, the red jump pad on left side not working and its very hard to see the blue team coming at you and seems little dark!

that is what I noticed testing your map/redirect just now!

keep it up!
                        http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
                        http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                          Please use versioning with future .pak releases so not to create any conflict with server to client if a client has your old version with a new version with changes and bearing the same name! ... that = bad FYI!

your spawns are facing the wall, the red jump pad on left side not working and its very hard to see the blue team coming at you and seems little dark!

that is what I noticed testing your map/redirect just now!

keep it up!
                          I wrongly removed that jumppad, now I put it back on place, sorry if I took 2 months to package the map, but EpicGames workers weren't able to solve the fact that I couldn't of package any map, here are the links to my topics:
                          - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...es-foreve.html
                          - https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ge-share-a-map

Seems like, I had some corrupted files in my UnrealTournamentEditor directory, because the solution was to uninstall the product even if the previous installation was gone wrong (and so, even if the EpicGames Launcher showed that I could click on "Resume"). and try to do a clean installation without touching the launcher, cause when I clicked on it, sometimes, it freeze.
                          Last edited by Francesco Biscazzo; 01-05-2016, 04:34 PM. Reason: Added the quote.

Comment

Hey is it to much if I ask for night skybox I really like it if you can send it to me via PM that would be great.

Comment

I think the one he is using is from an older version of the map. UT4 does have a star skybox asset though. I think its the one that is used originally in CTF-Face and still might be. Otherwise just search for Star.
                              PayBack
                              Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                              Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                              UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                              UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Working...
                              X