Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] [Beta Release] WIP CTF November Collection - Updated 13-02-17

EDIT Updated 13-02-17
    Just an update ive currently waited for the Jan 2017 update to fix some isses i had with the editor on my system so i can finish it most of these maps to begin with - also changed my website, youtube and twitch due to some problems ive had
    any support on the following
    Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/ncc24656
    Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/NCC24656 while im steaming
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHYkoT9ft_WKZalqxMIBHWQ while im steaming
    YT Gaming - https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/U..._WKZalqxMIBHWQ while im steaming
    My website, Mirror and Bug Tracker - NCC24656.uk

Test Server Done by {AW}'s Community Map Test Server Thanks guys
    Please check https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ap-Test-Server

install instructions
    1. Downlaod the file zip or rar file
    2. unpack the file to C:\Users\"yourname"\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\
      "yourname" is your pc name example "UTFTW"is C:\Users\"UTFTW"\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\"

As of 29/02/16 any maps creative with the old game engine MUST be rebuild and packed again so it will wokr with the lastest game version have a look at this topic - https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...osted-2-1-2016
    ------------ OLD version BEFORE 2/2/16 ------------

Spoiler

------------ New version From 2/2/16 ------------

Spoiler

------------ New version From 29/2/16 ------------

CTF-November Inforamtion -
    • 32 players Max
    • CTF only for now
    • Size of map is only 13mb
    • Original Textures

Downlaod Link New Version

Mega mirror

GDrive Mirror

CTF-NovemberC105 Inforamtion
    • 32 players Max
    • CTF only for now
    • Size of map is only 13mb
    • Original Textures

Downlaod Link New Version

Mega mirror

GDrive Mirror

Downlaods and bugtracker page on my site - http://micksworld.co.uk/dl_ext/

Still to do but map Nealy out of beta

• Drawbridge needs to be scripted from scratch again
    • sounds Made and auto cued

Done -
    • Bots and Bot Paths need to be added
    • Weapon and ammo spawn points checked
    • new sky dome needs to be created
    • Spawn points checked
    • texturs made and not place on to map yet
    • AI path ways created with UT4 engine not UT3 engine
    • Flags and Flags points place on map and checked

Otheir Veriosn of November in the pipeline
    • CTF November105 - Released V1 and V1.3 allrdy
    • CTF November - Released V1 and V1.3 allrdy
    • CTF-November UT2k4 Style - On Hold
    • CTF-November-CE110 - On hold
    • CTF-November- Final - On hold

Aswell ill be streaming the map edits online when i can
    Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/NCC24656 Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHYkoT9ft_WKZalqxMIBHWQ YT Gaming - https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/U..._WKZalqxMIBHWQ
    My website Mirror and Bug Tracker - NCC24656.uk

OLD Videos ive done

Spoiler

Attached Files
    Last edited by NCC24656; 02-12-2017, 05:55 PM. Reason: Updating the topic
    My Levels \ maps
    [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
    [
    Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
    Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
    [
    OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

loved this map, looking forward to a playable version
    half time will even up the map too, even though i think red vs blue is pretty fair anyway, despite the asymmetry

Comment

Great map...looking good.

Comment

Cool. Just reading the map's name I'm 12 years old again.

Couldn't play online back in the day and always had my doubts about how it would play with humans, but I'm still excited to see where this is going.

Comment

Originally posted by bacon buster View Post
          loved this map, looking forward to a playable version
          half time will even up the map too, even though i think red vs blue is pretty fair anyway, despite the asymmetry
          well ive got the map idenical to the oringanle map from ut99 but not sure i would change any thing to the map until i do the first daft of it

Originally posted by NeoZee View Post
          Great map...looking good.
          thanks alot

Originally posted by Le0_ View Post
          Cool. Just reading the map's name I'm 12 years old again.

Couldn't play online back in the day and always had my doubts about how it would play with humans, but I'm still excited to see where this is going.
          love to play this as well but normaly played it online the map in fav after face,

just to ask all of you would u guys perfer old style textures or new hd textures ?? cos ive got some old textures are looking fine in UT4 so it wont use alot of fps or bandwith up while playing, just a thought to ask
          My Levels \ maps

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

[
          [

Comment

Is this a direct port from ut99 using the bsp converter? If so, do you plan on recreating it brush by brush so it's easier to modify and modernize it for today?

Comment

hmm wot is the Bsp converter ? had most of the textures as png files from my old UT99 to ut3 convertion but their aint any brushs as default cos ive import the png and created new textures, im also doing every thing in the map bit by bit , all scripting and otheir things needed to be done by fresh even the path nods aswell for Bots

EDIT
              added a couple of screen shots in first post
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NCC24656; 04-16-2015, 02:39 PM.
              My Levels \ maps

[
              [

Comment

Cool I like the map only please other code name, my idea would be to map to a hidden tropical island to place, that is there where the submarine is docked to place Tropical Planzen such as palm trees, etc. Remake I think is good but he should some new areas are already changed for the new UT which did not exist before insert (my bad English Version)

Cool ich mag die Map nur bitte anderer Codename, meine Idee wäre die Map auf eine versteckten Tropischen insel zu plazieren, das heißt da wo das U Boot vor Anker liegt Tropische Planzen wie Palmen usw. zu platzieren. Remake find ich gut nur sollte er schon für das neue UT verändert werden paar neue Areale die es vorher nicht gab einzufügen

Comment

I once played in a CTF-November game that lasted for 4 or 5 hours. I wasn't there for the whole thing. It was on a server that did not have a time limit, but rather a cap limit of 5. (The server was popular, and this server was often packed full of 16 players. It was TheGamebox.net CTF server.) I remember leaving for dinner and then coming back to hours later to see people still playing that map. I asked and people said it was the exact same match as from before and the scoreboard confirmed it. Then I sighed.

A player named WW-Dagger once referred to the path to the red flag as a "tube of spam", hence the name of my map, CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam.

When you're done, you should do a remake of CTF-NovemberCE105, which was symmetrical.
                  UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

I'm very excited to see this map. I always loved November. I remember being very excited to play December and January in 2k4, but I immediately hated them for being symmetrical, and lacking the intricacies that made the original so much fun. Then I downloaded a November map for 2k4, and I was so mad to find that it, too, had been made into a symmetrical map. Nothing against symmetrical maps, what made maps like November so much fun was their uniqueness, turning it into something else just takes that away.

Comment

The original is a very nice CTF map which should fit UT4 much better due to half-time. This map will also be a reminder of how large the maps USED to be compared to UT4's, bet the flag running time will be almost the double which is cool since it's impossible to avoid not fighting on your way back here which I often miss in the UT4 ones, there's barely any fights, only on CTF-Face which again, is a proprietary UT99 map.

Should learn by now that CTF only gets interesting when you actually have to fight over the flags and not just do solo runs coupled with jump boots. Perhaps it's more of a jump boots OP for CTF than map design issue.
                      Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-17-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Do something 2 versions a symmetric and an asymmetric is one cool idea?

Mach doch 2 versionen eine symmetrische und eine Asymmetrische is das eine coole Idee?

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys, First off will do the Classic version of November and then do NovemberCE105 and any one has the UT99 map for NovemberCE105 ant got that one ??

EDIT
                          need some help with a problem with the eidtor its ketps on crashing while loading up and if i get it to work it just randomly crash half way though creating the map
                          Last edited by NCC24656; 04-17-2015, 06:15 PM.
                          My Levels \ maps

[
                          [

Comment

Originally posted by Atomicfire View Post
                            thanks for the feedback guys, First off will do the Classic version of November and then do NovemberCE105 and any one has the UT99 map for NovemberCE105 ant got that one ??
                            http://www.lonebullet.com/maps/downl...free-21429.htm

There it is, I found it with a Google search. Note that CTF-NovemberCE105 was one of the most popular clan and PUG match maps.
                            UT4 CTF Maps: CTF-Whiplash | CTF-Sidewinder | CTF-Highpoint | CTF-Hardcore | CTF-Tubes-Of-Spam

UT99 CTF Maps: CTF-DagnysBigAssMap-V2 | CTF-Dagnys-P****WhIpPeD | CTF-Dagnys-Dark-Delight-LE102 | CTF-Dagnys-Tubes-Of-Spam

Comment

thanks alot will do this version after the classic one
                              My Levels \ maps

[
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X