Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I got my forum/game login fixed so I was able to get this up on the UC hub and test it out. Thanks for the server settings.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Glad ya got it working man!!!! And cheers for putting it on the HUB
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Some ideas on the look and feel of the map. If anyone feels like trying a hand at some concept art that would be great!

Attached Files
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Attached Files
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Uploaded to Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub. Thanks for the checksum, map details etc

Comment

Originally posted by the_ROCK View Post
              Uploaded to Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub. Thanks for the checksum, map details etc

Thanks man!
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I just noticed that I forgot to put the spectator cams back in. I will do that in a few months, When I get back to the USA and I can use my regular editing Mac.
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I just played a match of V9 online. I like the layout a lot but one of the flak spawns definitely needs to go.
                  Last edited by gzv; 12-08-2015, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Yeah I put it there as a placeholder for the ripper.

Glad you like the layout Thx for testing it!
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Weapon and item placement is something I want to nail in the map, Being mainly an insta player I need a lot of feedback on it. So if you think of anything that needs to be moved around, added, taken out I welcome the feedback.
                      Win 10
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                        Some ideas on the look and feel of the map. If anyone feels like trying a hand at some concept art that would be great!

i came so good

Comment

lol thanks Riddick, I would love to see some concept art done on it so I have a better idea where to go with the meshes. As long as the visibility is still super clean and clear, yet giving it a run down futuristic power station feel. Maybe a smoggy atmosphere, radiation damage and so on. I was even thinking about trying to put a score board up on the main tower outside, that might be something fun to have. I will have to look into the in the new year when I return home. I can't wait to get back to work on this

I do however need a lot of weapon and pickup placement feedback, and I need to know if i should make any layout changes too before I start on the meshes. So there will probably be one more shell build before the visuals get added. I have 3DMax but I'm yet to learn how to use it. I don't have Photoshop anymore as I'm using a Mac. Maybe after the next build I will be able to use the assets from the other engine and any new ones added by epic. I just don't want it to look like Outpost as the same meshes are being used for everything right now.
                          Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Hi! I gave your map a go with a paint-over, as requested! I saw the refs you posted, so I tried my best to use a mix of elements from those. I went with a sort of future factory front entrance feel for this shot. The main idea was that there would be lots of greenery (sandwiched between glass or fenced off where necessary) outside, and inside would be bright fluorescent lighting like in a CPU factory or something. I retained the white and red look you introduced in a recent version, but moved the colors around a little. I added the tarmac with yellow lines to mostly break up the large monotonous ground space with some different colors, and to differentiate inside and outside spaces further. The red line on the ground is supposed to be like a guide around the map which leads you to important places. I noticed about halfway through the painting process that the scale is about 2x too small once a majority of the details were in already, so maybe this'll be best for giving ideas about lighting and post-fx and colors, rather than to be taken literally.

Attached Files
                            Environment concepts thread - daily sketches on twitter - art streams on twitch.tv

Comment

awesome job floatharr :X

Comment

Very nice! I like the fences around the sides and the green tarp covering the boxes at the back. The AC units are a nice touch, as is the tarmac This is certainly gonna help me when I start meshing it out. I also like the wooden crates in place of a the wall, gives it more of a working environment feel.
                                Thanks so much man!

Originally posted by Floatharr View Post
                                Hi! I gave your map a go with a paint-over, as requested! I saw the refs you posted, so I tried my best to use a mix of elements from those. I went with a sort of future factory front entrance feel for this shot. The main idea was that there would be lots of greenery (sandwiched between glass or fenced off where necessary) outside, and inside would be bright fluorescent lighting like in a CPU factory or something. I retained the white and red look you introduced in a recent version, but moved the colors around a little. I added the tarmac with yellow lines to mostly break up the large monotonous ground space with some different colors, and to differentiate inside and outside spaces further. The red line on the ground is supposed to be like a guide around the map which leads you to important places. I noticed about halfway through the painting process that the scale is about 2x too small once a majority of the details were in already, so maybe this'll be best for giving ideas about lighting and post-fx and colors, rather than to be taken literally.

Win 10
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                                X