Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward to Epic meshing out Deck, I have a feeling some of the meshes would work for my map.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I'm gonna be heading back home to Cali in just under a week, when I get back I will have a week before I head back to work, so I would like to get another build done before I do.

I need placement feedback and any layout tweeks if they are needed. So I guess this is a thread BUMP
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

My map is available to test on all Epic Hubs, under the custom game settings.

Thanks Epic!
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Hi effects69,

played about 5-6 games in 1on1 on your map and had lot of fun, also locking some guys in the u-damage chamber. Found almost nothing to complain about, great flow.

- the automatic doors are nice, saved me a few times from incomming sticky bio-blobs
          - many movement options an connect path as well as nicely placed jump pads
          - cool ambient music

Found only 2 minor issues:
          - the color of the glass in the windows and doors is sometime hard to differ from 'no glas'. resulting in that i tried a few times to (unsucessfully ) jump through or even worse: killed myself trying to shoot rockets through. maybe you can darker them a bit before the finally meshing is started and they get replaced

- its pretty hard to climb out of the 'water' in the round pool at the rocket laucher, died a few tiems in there. maybe you can make it easier to escape, or maybe I'm too stupid

- the trap seem to be only activatable via weapon damage, not by player movment against the button.. .works as designed by you?

Keep going, this is definitely a keeper and an entertaining map!

Van

Comment

Thanks so much for testing it out and for giving the great feedback!

I agree on the glass and also on the damage pool outside, I will get the fixed in the next build.

I'm gonna take a look at my trap room BluePrint and see if I can work out how to also make it player activated.

I'm glad the automated doors are working out

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
            Hi effects69,

played about 5-6 games in 1on1 on your map and had lot of fun, also locking some guys in the u-damage chamber. Found almost nothing to complain about, great flow.

- the automatic doors are nice, saved me a few times from incomming sticky bio-blobs
            - many movement options an connect path as well as nicely placed jump pads
            - cool ambient music

Found only 2 minor issues:
            - the color of the glass in the windows and doors is sometime hard to differ from 'no glas'. resulting in that i tried a few times to (unsucessfully ) jump through or even worse: killed myself trying to shoot rockets through. maybe you can darker them a bit before the finally meshing is started and they get replaced

- its pretty hard to climb out of the 'water' in the round pool at the rocket laucher, died a few tiems in there. maybe you can make it easier to escape, or maybe I'm too stupid

- the trap seem to be only activatable via weapon damage, not by player movment against the button.. .works as designed by you?

Keep going, this is definitely a keeper and an entertaining map!

Van
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Ooh god it's so hard to give feedback when your maps plays so well. Good flow and overal feels like a professionally designed map gameplay wise. Just needs a bit of art and you're done I would say.

- Good pickup placement. Weapons as well. Two flak cannons very close to each other might be a bit weird though imo.
              - Personally never bothered to pickup the sniper cause of length of travel to reach it and not offering much advantage location wise.

Nothing really bothers me about this map so I'm gonna have to start getting nitpicky.

Over the course of a couple of matches. The bots tend to get stuck here. Not sure if this is actually fixable though.

Confusing glass material + frame. Doesn't feels like a transparant surface but just an open doorway.

Confusing for me. This door suggest an area that can be reached. The green color doesn't help (green mostly equels unlocked door)

Dis random
              Attached Files
              Portfolio: Daan Meysman
              3D asset artist @ at Guerrilla Cambridge
              DM-Terraform

Comment

Thanks for the great feedback NepFish and of course the compliments

I already have the glass issue marked down to change, I'm not sure why the bots keep getting stuck there, they can't figure out how to crouch or go around it (might be a bot bug)

As far as the round pit thing, I may just get rid of it altogether and stick some kinda generator there like I had in the first version of this map.

Thx again man
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Version 10 is ready for servers and HUBS, I've re scaled everything according to the new build. Here is the RushBase DL link https://ut.rushbase.net/effects69/DM...wsNoEditor.pak it's also posted on the original post of this thread.

I have made a few small changes to the map.

I've changed the glass textures, added a few window frame meshes and taken out the pool (trap located by the rocket launcher), I've also moved the shock ammo. I did forgot to take out the second flak...
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Thanks FX! Been waitin' ya know.
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Just loaded it on the server but wanted to let you know your server info is incorrect.

For the redirect reference, remove the https:// in the PackageURL line and your maplist text should look like " CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-RadioActive-V10".
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thanks for the info! I think I've done it right now.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                        Just loaded it on the server but wanted to let you know your server info is incorrect.

For the redirect reference, remove the https:// in the PackageURL line and your maplist text should look like " CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-RadioActive-V10".
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

LOL, Isn't it fun when the editor arbitrarily decides to "Save As" in RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP again and you don't notice? I've been bitten by that one too.

Comment

Niceness effects69! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                            LoPing
                            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks DS!

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                              Niceness effects69! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

So after some nice bash's on it.. Nice rework of the glass windows. The only thing that seemed off to me was the cyclinder stacks you placed over the 'ol pool of death. These seemed abit off, maybe you could use some crates like you did on the corner with the life kegs?
                                Keep Up the GoodWorks!
                                LoPing
                                Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Working...
                                X