This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Niceness effects69! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL, Isn't it fun when the editor arbitrarily decides to "Save As" in RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP again and you don't notice? I've been bitten by that one too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the info! I think I've done it right now.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    Just loaded it on the server but wanted to let you know your server info is incorrect.

For the redirect reference, remove the https:// in the PackageURL line and your maplist text should look like " CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-RadioActive-V10".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just loaded it on the server but wanted to let you know your server info is incorrect.

For the redirect reference, remove the https:// in the PackageURL line and your maplist text should look like " CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-RadioActive-V10".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks FX! Been waitin' ya know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 10 is ready for servers and HUBS, I've re scaled everything according to the new build. Here is the RushBase DL link https://ut.rushbase.net/effects69/DM...wsNoEditor.pak it's also posted on the original post of this thread.

I have made a few small changes to the map.

I've changed the glass textures, added a few window frame meshes and taken out the pool (trap located by the rocket launcher), I've also moved the shock ammo. I did forgot to take out the second flak...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the great feedback NepFish and of course the compliments

I already have the glass issue marked down to change, I'm not sure why the bots keep getting stuck there, they can't figure out how to crouch or go around it (might be a bot bug)

As far as the round pit thing, I may just get rid of it altogether and stick some kinda generator there like I had in the first version of this map.

Thx again man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ooh god it's so hard to give feedback when your maps plays so well. Good flow and overal feels like a professionally designed map gameplay wise. Just needs a bit of art and you're done I would say.

- Good pickup placement. Weapons as well. Two flak cannons very close to each other might be a bit weird though imo.
    - Personally never bothered to pickup the sniper cause of length of travel to reach it and not offering much advantage location wise.

Nothing really bothers me about this map so I'm gonna have to start getting nitpicky.

Over the course of a couple of matches. The bots tend to get stuck here. Not sure if this is actually fixable though.

Confusing glass material + frame. Doesn't feels like a transparant surface but just an open doorway.

Confusing for me. This door suggest an area that can be reached. The green color doesn't help (green mostly equels unlocked door)

Dis random
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks so much for testing it out and for giving the great feedback!

I agree on the glass and also on the damage pool outside, I will get the fixed in the next build.

I'm gonna take a look at my trap room BluePrint and see if I can work out how to also make it player activated.

I'm glad the automated doors are working out

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
    Hi effects69,

played about 5-6 games in 1on1 on your map and had lot of fun, also locking some guys in the u-damage chamber. Found almost nothing to complain about, great flow.

- the automatic doors are nice, saved me a few times from incomming sticky bio-blobs
    - many movement options an connect path as well as nicely placed jump pads
    - cool ambient music

Found only 2 minor issues:
    - the color of the glass in the windows and doors is sometime hard to differ from 'no glas'. resulting in that i tried a few times to (unsucessfully ) jump through or even worse: killed myself trying to shoot rockets through. maybe you can darker them a bit before the finally meshing is started and they get replaced

- its pretty hard to climb out of the 'water' in the round pool at the rocket laucher, died a few tiems in there. maybe you can make it easier to escape, or maybe I'm too stupid

- the trap seem to be only activatable via weapon damage, not by player movment against the button.. .works as designed by you?

Keep going, this is definitely a keeper and an entertaining map!

Van

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi effects69,

played about 5-6 games in 1on1 on your map and had lot of fun, also locking some guys in the u-damage chamber. Found almost nothing to complain about, great flow.

- the automatic doors are nice, saved me a few times from incomming sticky bio-blobs
    - many movement options an connect path as well as nicely placed jump pads
    - cool ambient music

Found only 2 minor issues:
    - the color of the glass in the windows and doors is sometime hard to differ from 'no glas'. resulting in that i tried a few times to (unsucessfully ) jump through or even worse: killed myself trying to shoot rockets through. maybe you can darker them a bit before the finally meshing is started and they get replaced

- its pretty hard to climb out of the 'water' in the round pool at the rocket laucher, died a few tiems in there. maybe you can make it easier to escape, or maybe I'm too stupid

- the trap seem to be only activatable via weapon damage, not by player movment against the button.. .works as designed by you?

Keep going, this is definitely a keeper and an entertaining map!

Van

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My map is available to test on all Epic Hubs, under the custom game settings.

Thanks Epic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm gonna be heading back home to Cali in just under a week, when I get back I will have a week before I head back to work, so I would like to get another build done before I do.

I need placement feedback and any layout tweeks if they are needed. So I guess this is a thread BUMP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm looking forward to Epic meshing out Deck, I have a feeling some of the meshes would work for my map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice! I like the fences around the sides and the green tarp covering the boxes at the back. The AC units are a nice touch, as is the tarmac This is certainly gonna help me when I start meshing it out. I also like the wooden crates in place of a the wall, gives it more of a working environment feel.
    Thanks so much man!

Originally posted by Floatharr View Post
    Hi! I gave your map a go with a paint-over, as requested! I saw the refs you posted, so I tried my best to use a mix of elements from those. I went with a sort of future factory front entrance feel for this shot. The main idea was that there would be lots of greenery (sandwiched between glass or fenced off where necessary) outside, and inside would be bright fluorescent lighting like in a CPU factory or something. I retained the white and red look you introduced in a recent version, but moved the colors around a little. I added the tarmac with yellow lines to mostly break up the large monotonous ground space with some different colors, and to differentiate inside and outside spaces further. The red line on the ground is supposed to be like a guide around the map which leads you to important places. I noticed about halfway through the painting process that the scale is about 2x too small once a majority of the details were in already, so maybe this'll be best for giving ideas about lighting and post-fx and colors, rather than to be taken literally.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    awesome job floatharr :X

Leave a comment:

Working...
X