X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by effects69 View Post

[...]

I will post screen shots when I have it looking a bit better, trying to decide if I wanna go for a night theme or a day theme.
    This is looking absolutely sick. Awesome background too
    After seeing your newest screenshot I'd definitely say: "GOGO NIGHT THEME!!"
    WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
    Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah I think I'm gonna stick to a night theme, I've also made it snow outside

Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
      This is looking absolutely sick. Awesome background too
      After seeing your newest screenshot I'd definitely say: "GOGO NIGHT THEME!!"
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Hahha good to know!

And thx

It's time for me to learn more about Blender, my sniper tower needs a lot of love.

Originally posted by MÅuL View Post
        Okay, my blood pressure is dropping... Awesome screenshot!!
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Thanks man!

Yeah it does kick u in the motivational nuts for sure!

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
          Glad to see you didn't give up on this, losing work can be such a kick in the motivational nuts. I played this map way early on and the meshed version looks sick. Keep it up!
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Hahha good to know!

And thx

It's time for me to learn more about Blender, my sniper tower needs a lot of love.
            I'm pretty much a Blender ninja at this point let me know if you have any questions.
            Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
            Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

OK,

Is it good practice to just convert brushes into meshes, import them into Blender and then edit them? Because when I try and sculpt them is tears up the mesh something bad.

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
              I'm pretty much a Blender ninja at this point let me know if you have any questions.
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

OK,

convert brushes into meshes, import them into Blender
                Y-you can do that?!

Comment

OK,

Is it good practice to just convert brushes into meshes, import them into Blender and then edit them? Because when I try and sculpt them is tears up the mesh something bad.
                  I've been trying to do that in Modo but it seems like my converted brushes are overly complex from a polygon/vertices standpoint. I'm trying to use the converted brushes as guides at this point. (Disclaimer: I don't know what the hell I'm doing...).
                  Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hahhah! Yup! That's totally what I found too.

Right now I'm using the meshes that are already in the game or in the EU4 editor. It's like putting together a complex jigsaw with all the wrong pieces.

I've been trying to do that in Modo but it seems like my converted brushes are overly complex from a polygon/vertices standpoint. I'm trying to use the converted brushes as guides at this point. (Disclaimer: I don't know what the hell I'm doing...).
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

It's like putting together a complex jigsaw with all the wrong pieces.
                      LOL! I'm feeling your pain bro!
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

The crazy thing is, it's totally possible with some creativity and a lot of trial and error. I'm working on my sniper tower right now, with metal assets from Titan Pass.

LOL! I'm feeling your pain bro!
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I have a few mesh problems, problems that never existed before, on meshes I've had in the map for a long time. A few rocks and as generic security door show up Orange. I made a post about it in the editor trouble shooting/bugs section, but no one ever seems to read that. Has anyone else had the same issues?

Attached Files
                          Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

OK,

It depends one what kind of modeling you intend to do. Bsp is messy so if you are going for hard surface clean modeling then you would want to build your meshes around your exported geometry.

If you are going to use the sculpt mode then you can do a neat trick to kind of even out the poly count to get you a good sculpt base:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-05-08 22.51.31.png
Views:	1
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	345468

If you do the steps in the image it will give you a good starting point for organic or damaged meshes. Basically what this does is takes a mesh and fills it with lots of triangles that are evenly spaced which is what you want for even sculpting. You can do this on a default cube and view the wireframe and you'll see what I mean. Dynotopo can add polys automatically but I find it can be a bit iffy when the base mesh has lots of variation in the size of polygons doing things this way makes for an even starting point. Its actually possible to reduce your sculpted mesh poly count by raising the detail size and using flood fill. I use this often to create a quick low poly mesh to use in game.

One other thing before sculpting you need to apply the location/rotation/scale of the mesh. This is done by selecting a mesh pressing Ctrl+A and clicking through each operation. If you notice your having weird problems sculpting it may be because the mesh has been scaled or some such, this fixes that issue. You can see what I mean by taking a default cube scaling it down and try sculpting without setting the scale. What you'll notice is that brushes will be way to powerful. If the rotation is off brushes will move things in the wrong direction etc. So always apply rotation/location/scale.

The sculpting in blender is pretty powerful but the default settings are a bit crappy so you will need to fiddle around.

This video does a decent job showing some of the features you can use, and some of the possible effects:

That will get you started on creating the high detail assets you'll need to bake your normal maps and such. Blender normal maps don't play nice with Ue4 though so that is another can of worms I'll help you with down the road.
                            Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
                            Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Thanks Mike, very much appreciated! I'm gonna give that a run through and see what I can do
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Been messing around with more assets today and messing with the materials. Still along ways to go!

Attached Files
                                Win 10
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                                X