Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks very 2K4 with the icy theme, coming along nicely imo. One bit of advice working with pipes would be to make them merge, unmerge and reach controlling machinery from time to time. This adds a ton to the realism. Also if you vary the shapes and put even a single small pipe with a different, contrasting color, you can get a really nice industrial feel.
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Thanks man! And I love your merge, unmerge advice I will try that tomorrow and see what I can come up with!

Originally posted by Raste View Post
      Looks very 2K4 with the icy theme, coming along nicely imo. One bit of advice working with pipes would be to make them merge, unmerge and reach controlling machinery from time to time. This adds a ton to the realism. Also if you vary the shapes and put even a single small pipe with a different, contrasting color, you can get a really nice industrial feel.
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
        Thanks!

Yeah I think I'm gonna stick to a night theme, I've also made it snow outside
        Haha, awesome, looking forward to your next release
        WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
        Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Thanks Mike, very much appreciated! I'm gonna give that a run through and see what I can do
          Hope it helps, If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. That last shot looks sick.
          Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
          Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Cheers! I'm gonna jump into blender when I get a day off work next

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
            Hope it helps, If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. That last shot looks sick.
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I've been messing with textures again. Now all I need is a dirty looking snow materiel, and new generic doors that fit the theme.

Attached Files
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I like what youre doing with this, however I feel the lighting needs a lot of work... something just looks off about it. Like a lot of invisible light sources.

Comment

Nice progress shots posted effects69! Glad to see you haven't ditched this project and Keep it Up!
                  LoPing
                  Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

thx, Yeah I haven't even started on the lights yet!

Originally posted by lawlorz View Post
                    I like what youre doing with this, however I feel the lighting needs a lot of work... something just looks off about it. Like a lot of invisible light sources.
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Cheers man! Although I should be working on TwinFalls lol

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                      Nice progress shots posted effects69! Glad to see you haven't ditched this project and Keep it Up!
                      Win 10
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

V12 up, No major changes, just a few minor ones. One Drive Download Link Here

Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

V12 up, No major changes, just a few minor ones. One Drive Download Link Here

Thanks dude. Uploading onto my.. sniff sniff.. own redirect now...
                          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

lol, thanks man!

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                            Thanks dude. Uploading onto my.. sniff sniff.. own redirect now...
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I have a problem, my map will no longer build! It was fine before the last update. Lighting build failed, swarm failed to kick off. I've even gone back to earlier versions and it does the same thing. I took all the meshes out, same thing, I took all the textures out, same thing. I'm gonna keep trying to work this out. It happened once before after a build update, that time it was a tiny pebble mesh I was using, I took it out and it all worked.
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I have a problem, my map will no longer build! It was fine before the last update. Lighting build failed, swarm failed to kick off. I've even gone back to earlier versions and it does the same thing. I took all the meshes out, same thing, I took all the textures out, same thing. I'm gonna keep trying to work this out. It happened once before after a build update, that time it was a tiny pebble mesh I was using, I took it out and it all worked.
                                Man I hate that kind of stuff. Hopefully you can figure out from the logs what the offending item was.
                                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
                                X