This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I just finished re making the radioactive chamber trap, BIG thanks to Laambo for the great idea and help on the layout! The next build should be really fun! But keep playing the current build until it's ready And keep the feedback coming!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    QUESTION:

Do you think the power Amp is a good pickup for the radiation trap, or do you think I should put the Shield belt in there instead?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think that was a great idea! And I've pretty much implemented it into the map already

You're a star! thanks!

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    In regards to your Radioactive Kill Chamber I still like this look/approach better! ... imo anyway!
    Looking in from window!

Looking in from left side!

Kind of a Top Down look to see the dble drop down to the chamber!

...and my sad attempt to show the possible solution of the ramp in behind the wall of existing chamber!

Here are my .02/cents on this:
    1. I like that there are two ways in! ... this gives you the chance to "Double your Pleasure" if you know what I mean! lol
    2. I like that you can look straight down at the Prize your going to Risk going to get! ... increased the desire!
    ... and to get this to work I thought maybe you can use the small ramp, flatten out over the chamber then ramp back down again!?

What you think!?

ps. I know you seen this on my forums but thought I'd post it here too for possible feedback from other here on this forum!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In regards to your Radioactive Kill Chamber I still like this look/approach better! ... imo anyway!
    Looking in from window!

Looking in from left side!

Kind of a Top Down look to see the dble drop down to the chamber!

...and my sad attempt to show the possible solution of the ramp in behind the wall of existing chamber!

Here are my .02/cents on this:
    1. I like that there are two ways in! ... this gives you the chance to "Double your Pleasure" if you know what I mean! lol
    2. I like that you can look straight down at the Prize your going to Risk going to get! ... increased the desire!
    ... and to get this to work I thought maybe you can use the small ramp, flatten out over the chamber then ramp back down again!?

What you think!?

ps. I know you seen this on my forums but thought I'd post it here too for possible feedback from other here on this forum!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Luau! I hope so

Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
    It's improving a lot! This will turn out pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's improving a lot! This will turn out pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Build 4/27/15 DROPBOX DOWNLOAD

Changes:

• Improved radioactive Chamber - It's now a higher risk to get in and out.
    • Added more light to the map. (lights are still temporary)
    • Removed some light meshes along the outside wall (Shock Area )
    • Changed the shape of a few doorways
    • Added slopes leading into the doorways in the Flak Room
    • Changed Chamber door mesh

I just need map layout testing, weapon placement testing and thoughts on the new chamber layout.

In the mean time I'm going to be working on lighting and Blueprints.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm also working on changing the doorways a little.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lights:

This is what it looks like after removing 2 light meshes in between.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lights:

This is what it's like after removing every other light mesh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just finished building the new chamber. It seems to work great this way as it's far more risky getting in and out. I'm still using the same matinee trigger, until I can get my head around using BluePrint to damage actors and trigger the event.

Here are some screens of the new chamber layout.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK I will give that a go too

So you recon that map is better without the fences?

Cheers again for the great feedback

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    +2 on the fence and lights! ... maybe with the lights, test with taking out every other one and do another test with removing 2 between each lights?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the awesome feedback and compliments I myself am unsure about the lights on the outside, But I feel it does need something there. I can imagine pipes running around the sides that act like a fence around the perimeter of the map. It's all going to have to be custom meshes, unless Epic create some new ones that fit the theme. I think getting the visuals right on this map is gonna be tough. But at least the layout seems to be working well for everyone. As long as it ends up a really playable and fun map that people enjoy, then I will be happy.

Oh the fences. yeah give it a go and see what you think. One suggestion was to make that area less porous, so I laid the fences down to see if that would help.

Keep the feedback coming!

Originally posted by crazeOne View Post
    Definitely one of my favorite maps. Great job! I got some feedback though.

Although i haven't played the latest build, I'm not sure how i feel about the new "fences" on the top level. I like how the older build didnt have the fences because it made it more dangerous and exposed to traverse that area. Again i haven't played this new build so maybe it is better.

Also I'm not sure i feel the look of the dotted lights where the shock rifle is located (amongst other locations). Again i should probably wait until i try it out but those were my initial reactions to the latest screenies.

The gameplay is awesome, size of map is great, one of the best laid out maps, also, like the new theme.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by crazeOne View Post
    Definitely one of my favorite maps. Great job! I got some feedback though.

Although i haven't played the latest build, I'm not sure how i feel about the new "fences" on the top level. I like how the older build didnt have the fences because it made it more dangerous and exposed to traverse that area. Again i haven't played this new build so maybe it is better.

Also I'm not sure i feel the look of the dotted lights where the shock rifle is located (amongst other locations). Again i should probably wait until i try it out but those were my initial reactions to the latest screenies.

The gameplay is awesome, size of map is great, one of the best laid out maps, also, like the new theme.

+2 on the fence and lights! ... maybe with the lights, test with taking out every other one and do another test with removing 2 between each lights?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X