Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-RadioActive

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by effects69 View Post
    V 15, no changes... CLICK HERE
    Thanks dude!
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

    Comment


      Hi effects69,

      Good job! I like where the map is going. Looking forward to see the meshing done!

      I hope I am not too late to give some feedback based on the shell.

      - The sniper platform feels a bit isolated from the rest of the map. I mean in order to take that sniper you basically have to use that lift. This makes me really don't want to go there coz it's just a sniper, not a power-up, not a big healthpack, i don't feel it worth that much to go there, and although the sniper is on a high platform, it doesn't really give you a vantage point because of the size and where it is located.

      - The double doors around the vest. I can't say I like it. I feel it's a bit annoying that it forces me to get so close to the doors to be able to shoot the opponent inside, and if i am inside, i feel like i don't have a choice but to get to the doors when i want to leave, letting the opponent knows i am at the door.

      - The 2nd floor area connecting the armors feels probably a little bit too "comfortable" as you can cover the armors and the healths. On the other hand, there are two doors blocking the lower entrances to the belt room. It's already more difficult to engage the belt from below and then you have the two doors.

      - These doors make the map very different, which i like, but it might potentially make the combat tricky to balance as it blocks the line of fire and depending a lot on the player's location.

      - I think the some of the jumppads need to be easier to use, i mean, easier to approach from different angles. But this is not a big one I am sure it will be good eventually.

      Keep up the good work!
      [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

      My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

      Comment


        Thanks for the really great feedback!

        You have made some good points!

        What about putting one of the armors up on the sniper tower instead? That way it will give a reason to go up there.

        I can remove some doors and see how it changes the map flow.


        Originally posted by chonglee View Post
        Hi effects69,

        Good job! I like where the map is going. Looking forward to see the meshing done!

        I hope I am not too late to give some feedback based on the shell.

        - The sniper platform feels a bit isolated from the rest of the map. I mean in order to take that sniper you basically have to use that lift. This makes me really don't want to go there coz it's just a sniper, not a power-up, not a big healthpack, i don't feel it worth that much to go there, and although the sniper is on a high platform, it doesn't really give you a vantage point because of the size and where it is located.

        - The double doors around the vest. I can't say I like it. I feel it's a bit annoying that it forces me to get so close to the doors to be able to shoot the opponent inside, and if i am inside, i feel like i don't have a choice but to get to the doors when i want to leave, letting the opponent knows i am at the door.

        - The 2nd floor area connecting the armors feels probably a little bit too "comfortable" as you can cover the armors and the healths. On the other hand, there are two doors blocking the lower entrances to the belt room. It's already more difficult to engage the belt from below and then you have the two doors.

        - These doors make the map very different, which i like, but it might potentially make the combat tricky to balance as it blocks the line of fire and depending a lot on the player's location.

        - I think the some of the jumppads need to be easier to use, i mean, easier to approach from different angles. But this is not a big one I am sure it will be good eventually.

        Keep up the good work!
        Win 10
        iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

        Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

        Comment


          I'm still trying to work out what's causing the lighting build to fail since the latest build.
          Win 10
          iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

          Maps:
          DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
          2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

          Comment


            I'm still unable to build the map, I've taken out all static meshes, one by one! and renamed the map to DM-1 and it still fails.
            Win 10
            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

            Maps:
            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

            Comment


              Originally posted by effects69 View Post
              I'm still unable to build the map, I've taken out all static meshes, one by one! and renamed the map to DM-1 and it still fails.
              Oh nooooo. That really sucks. Nothing obvious in the logs I take it?
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

              Comment


                Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                Oh nooooo. That really sucks. Nothing obvious in the logs I take it?

                Not that I can see :/
                Win 10
                iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                Maps:
                DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                Comment


                  Fingers & Toes crossed!
                  LoPing
                  Explosive High Voltage UT99

                  Comment


                    It finally started working again! No idea how! I didn't change anything lol. Anyway, I've made some changes to the shell thanks to Chonglee's feedback. Let me know if it plays out any better! VERSION 16 HERE
                    Win 10
                    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                    Maps:
                    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                      It finally started working again! No idea how! I didn't change anything lol. Anyway, I've made some changes to the shell thanks to Chonglee's feedback. Let me know if it plays out any better! VERSION 16 HERE
                      I'm all over it .
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

                      Comment


                        Sweetness, BiGUp for the fix effects69! Reloaded onto the LoPing as well.
                        • I'm dig'n the swap on the shieldbelt & sniper!
                        • Noticed the doors to the biopit corner have been removed, I kinda liked those.
                        • The door to/on the main area sticks in the open position.
                        • The lighting is probably todo with what broke your map to begin with so I'll skip this.

                        Thanks again for your hard works in bringing this fun map back into the fold! Keep it Up!
                        Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 11-28-2016, 09:33 PM. Reason: Reloaded & tested some
                        LoPing
                        Explosive High Voltage UT99

                        Comment


                          Thanks for the feedback!

                          What door in the main area is sticking?

                          Glad ya like the swap

                          Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                          Sweetness, BiGUp for the fix effects69! Reloaded onto the LoPing as well.
                          • I'm dig'n the swap on the shieldbelt & sniper!
                          • Noticed the doors to the biopit corner have been removed, I kinda liked those.
                          • The door to/on the main area sticks in the open position.
                          • The lighting is probably todo with what broke your map to begin with so I'll skip this.

                          Thanks again for your hard works in bringing this fun map back into the fold! Keep it Up!
                          Win 10
                          iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                          Maps:
                          DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                          2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                          Comment


                            Sneak Peek, I've been working on the map for a few days and I've managed to place meshes in a few rooms (subject to change of course) I still have a long way to go!



                            Attached Files
                            Win 10
                            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                            Maps:
                            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                            Comment


                              Pretty awesome job so far FX! I hope you're saving a nice little radioactive after glow for last, keep it Up!

                              The door to the main area infront of the RL ramp would be the door that stays open.
                              LoPing
                              Explosive High Voltage UT99

                              Comment


                                Oh right, Yeah I've left that open on purpose.

                                A Radioactive glow

                                Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                                Pretty awesome job so far FX! I hope you're saving a nice little radioactive after glow for last, keep it Up!

                                The door to the main area infront of the RL ramp would be the door that stays open.
                                Win 10
                                iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

                                Maps:
                                DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                                2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X