Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback toninus! I'm glad the gameplay is good so far Meshes and lights are still just placeholders for now. I think the overall theme is going to be a disused run down power plant. I'm trying to make it look like it's on an abandoned frozen planet. New screen shots ocming soon as I just finished another build with added cover aorund the flak room.

Originally posted by toninus View Post
    I love the gameplay in this map, but not a fan of the latest screenshots, especially the lights all over the wall...
    Maybe change the global lighting to something more post-apocalyptic (dusty, orangey...), add a few different textures and then wait for more meshes avaiable...
    Another cool setting would be by night with orange lights inside.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

New version ready for testing. DropBox link http://tiny.cc/RadioActiveV02 I've updated the original post at the top too.
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I still need to fix the trigger so it's effected by all projectiles. Right now it only works with certain weapons. It doesn't trigger with the insta shock rifle :/ So u will have to manually push it is playing on an insta server.
        Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

On my next build I think I'm going to make the radioactive chamber longer, that way you are more at risk of getting caught in it. I'm also gonna fix the trigger so all weapons can effect it. On top of that I will make better lighting.

What do you think about layout and weapon placement? I feel like there are pickups missing?
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Also. Does the map look the same on your system, or is it missing textures? You will have to compare it to the video.
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
              On my next build I think I'm going to make the radioactive chamber longer, that way you are more at risk of getting caught in it............................................
              or, instead of longer make a deeper room you need to go back into that you look into from the window!? ... that way you don't lose real estate in the current playing area?

Also, just by looking at video above in the freeze state....center the window so you have equal distance into the room....see the left side, make right the same!

... hit me up if you don't understand!
              Last edited by Laambo; 04-26-2015, 11:01 AM. Reason: additional comments/suggestions
              http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
              http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

Cheers for the input!

Deeper could be an option, maybe with a ramp down each side. I will mess with it. As for the window, do you mean make it smaller so it's equal distance from each side or, make the left side longer to fit the distance of the right side?

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                or, instead of longer make a deeper room you need to go back into that you look into from the window!? ... that way you don't lose real estate in the current playing area?

Also, just by looking at video above in the freeze state....center the window so you have equal distance into the room....see the left side, make right the same!

... hit me up if you don't understand!
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                  Cheers for the input!

Deeper could be an option, maybe with a ramp down each side. I will mess with it. As for the window, do you mean make it smaller so it's equal distance from each side or, make the left side longer to fit the distance of the right side?
                  window size if fine just the approach going in should have the same risk as far as distance going in on either side! ...see below

what you think? ... of course you can tweak that center chamber/room however you like...a lowered room with steps/ramp might be cool! plus make it slightly deeper and riskier as well!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I like that idea! Thanks for making that and doing a screen shot, It's very helpful! So basically a recess/extra little room in the wall, inside the main chamber to put the power amp in?

window size if fine just the approach going in should have the same risk as far as distance going in on either side! ...see below

what you think? ... of course you can tweak that center chamber/room however you like...a lowered room with steps/ramp might be cool! plus make it slightly deeper and riskier as well!
                    Win 10
                    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I just had a quick look in the editor. I'm unable to make a room in there because the ramp to the upper level is directly behind it. So I thought... What if I close off the door on the right side and make that a wall + extend the left side more. That way there will be 1 way in, and 1 way out, + make the middle of the room lower. ?

Win 10
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

The chamber has now been changed and I think it's better

I'm gonna have to learn how to Blueprint my triggers instead of using matinee. Guess I will be working on that tomorrow :s
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Definitely one of my favorite maps. Great job! I got some feedback though.

Although i haven't played the latest build, I'm not sure how i feel about the new "fences" on the top level. I like how the older build didnt have the fences because it made it more dangerous and exposed to traverse that area. Again i haven't played this new build so maybe it is better.

Also I'm not sure i feel the look of the dotted lights where the shock rifle is located (amongst other locations). Again i should probably wait until i try it out but those were my initial reactions to the latest screenies.

The gameplay is awesome, size of map is great, one of the best laid out maps, also, like the new theme.

Comment

Originally posted by crazeOne View Post

Although i haven't played the latest build, I'm not sure how i feel about the new "fences" on the top level. I like how the older build didnt have the fences because it made it more dangerous and exposed to traverse that area. Again i haven't played this new build so maybe it is better.

Also I'm not sure i feel the look of the dotted lights where the shock rifle is located (amongst other locations). Again i should probably wait until i try it out but those were my initial reactions to the latest screenies.

The gameplay is awesome, size of map is great, one of the best laid out maps, also, like the new theme.

+2 on the fence and lights! ... maybe with the lights, test with taking out every other one and do another test with removing 2 between each lights?

Comment

Thanks for the awesome feedback and compliments I myself am unsure about the lights on the outside, But I feel it does need something there. I can imagine pipes running around the sides that act like a fence around the perimeter of the map. It's all going to have to be custom meshes, unless Epic create some new ones that fit the theme. I think getting the visuals right on this map is gonna be tough. But at least the layout seems to be working well for everyone. As long as it ends up a really playable and fun map that people enjoy, then I will be happy.

Oh the fences. yeah give it a go and see what you think. One suggestion was to make that area less porous, so I laid the fences down to see if that would help.

Keep the feedback coming!

Originally posted by crazeOne View Post

Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

OK I will give that a go too

So you recon that map is better without the fences?

Cheers again for the great feedback

+2 on the fence and lights! ... maybe with the lights, test with taking out every other one and do another test with removing 2 between each lights?
                                Win 10
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                                X