Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished building the new chamber. It seems to work great this way as it's far more risky getting in and out. I'm still using the same matinee trigger, until I can get my head around using BluePrint to damage actors and trigger the event.

Here are some screens of the new chamber layout.

Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Lights:

This is what it's like after removing every other light mesh.

Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Lights:

This is what it looks like after removing 2 light meshes in between.

Win 10
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I'm also working on changing the doorways a little.

Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

New Build 4/27/15 DROPBOX DOWNLOAD

Changes:

• Improved radioactive Chamber - It's now a higher risk to get in and out.
            • Added more light to the map. (lights are still temporary)
            • Removed some light meshes along the outside wall (Shock Area )
            • Changed the shape of a few doorways
            • Added slopes leading into the doorways in the Flak Room
            • Changed Chamber door mesh

I just need map layout testing, weapon placement testing and thoughts on the new chamber layout.

In the mean time I'm going to be working on lighting and Blueprints.
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

It's improving a lot! This will turn out pretty good.
                DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Comment

Thanks Luau! I hope so

Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
                  It's improving a lot! This will turn out pretty good.
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

In regards to your Radioactive Kill Chamber I still like this look/approach better! ... imo anyway!
                    Looking in from window!

Looking in from left side!

Kind of a Top Down look to see the dble drop down to the chamber!

...and my sad attempt to show the possible solution of the ramp in behind the wall of existing chamber!

Here are my .02/cents on this:
                    1. I like that there are two ways in! ... this gives you the chance to "Double your Pleasure" if you know what I mean! lol
                    2. I like that you can look straight down at the Prize your going to Risk going to get! ... increased the desire!
                    ... and to get this to work I thought maybe you can use the small ramp, flatten out over the chamber then ramp back down again!?

What you think!?

ps. I know you seen this on my forums but thought I'd post it here too for possible feedback from other here on this forum!
                    http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
                    http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

I think that was a great idea! And I've pretty much implemented it into the map already

You're a star! thanks!

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                      In regards to your Radioactive Kill Chamber I still like this look/approach better! ... imo anyway!
                      Looking in from window!

Looking in from left side!

Kind of a Top Down look to see the dble drop down to the chamber!

...and my sad attempt to show the possible solution of the ramp in behind the wall of existing chamber!

Here are my .02/cents on this:
                      1. I like that there are two ways in! ... this gives you the chance to "Double your Pleasure" if you know what I mean! lol
                      2. I like that you can look straight down at the Prize your going to Risk going to get! ... increased the desire!
                      ... and to get this to work I thought maybe you can use the small ramp, flatten out over the chamber then ramp back down again!?

What you think!?

ps. I know you seen this on my forums but thought I'd post it here too for possible feedback from other here on this forum!
                      Win 10
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

QUESTION:

Do you think the power Amp is a good pickup for the radiation trap, or do you think I should put the Shield belt in there instead?
                        Win 10
                        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I just finished re making the radioactive chamber trap, BIG thanks to Laambo for the great idea and help on the layout! The next build should be really fun! But keep playing the current build until it's ready And keep the feedback coming!

Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Hey Guys!

Just got done playing map about an hour ago. Love the way you changed the lights; however, still not a fan of the fence.

The above changes to the chamber I'm digging, but as Laambo suggested, will there be 2 ways into chamber or did you decide on only one way in-n-out?

Good work!!!

Comment

There are 2 ways in and out now.

As far as the fences go. I can remove them. Do all the fences get in the way or just some of them?

Cheers for the feedback!

Originally posted by crazeOne View Post
                              Hey Guys!

Just got done playing map about an hour ago. Love the way you changed the lights; however, still not a fan of the fence.

The above changes to the chamber I'm digging, but as Laambo suggested, will there be 2 ways into chamber or did you decide on only one way in-n-out?

Good work!!!
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                                ...Do all the fences get in the way or just some of them?
                                Sorry, I should have been more specific: The one that is in the middle of the second floor, which spans from above the chamber to the open area where the rocket launcher is (basically, two fences that align the bridge). I'll post a screenshot later on if I'm not making any sense

The other fence I don't even notice so I say leave that one.

Can't wait for the update effect69 and thanks for your hardwork!

Comment

Working...
                                X