X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by effects69 View Post
    V12 up, No major changes, just a few minor ones. One Drive Download Link Here

Thanks dude. Uploading onto my.. sniff sniff.. own redirect now...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    V12 up, No major changes, just a few minor ones. One Drive Download Link Here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers man! Although I should be working on TwinFalls lol

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
    Nice progress shots posted effects69! Glad to see you haven't ditched this project and Keep it Up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thx, Yeah I haven't even started on the lights yet!

Originally posted by lawlorz View Post
    I like what youre doing with this, however I feel the lighting needs a lot of work... something just looks off about it. Like a lot of invisible light sources.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice progress shots posted effects69! Glad to see you haven't ditched this project and Keep it Up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like what youre doing with this, however I feel the lighting needs a lot of work... something just looks off about it. Like a lot of invisible light sources.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been messing with textures again. Now all I need is a dirty looking snow materiel, and new generic doors that fit the theme.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers! I'm gonna jump into blender when I get a day off work next

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
    Hope it helps, If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. That last shot looks sick.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Mike, very much appreciated! I'm gonna give that a run through and see what I can do
    Hope it helps, If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. That last shot looks sick.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!

Yeah I think I'm gonna stick to a night theme, I've also made it snow outside
    Haha, awesome, looking forward to your next release

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks man! And I love your merge, unmerge advice I will try that tomorrow and see what I can come up with!

Originally posted by Raste View Post
    Looks very 2K4 with the icy theme, coming along nicely imo. One bit of advice working with pipes would be to make them merge, unmerge and reach controlling machinery from time to time. This adds a ton to the realism. Also if you vary the shapes and put even a single small pipe with a different, contrasting color, you can get a really nice industrial feel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks very 2K4 with the icy theme, coming along nicely imo. One bit of advice working with pipes would be to make them merge, unmerge and reach controlling machinery from time to time. This adds a ton to the realism. Also if you vary the shapes and put even a single small pipe with a different, contrasting color, you can get a really nice industrial feel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been messing around with more assets today and messing with the materials. Still along ways to go!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Mike, very much appreciated! I'm gonna give that a run through and see what I can do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK,

Is it good practice to just convert brushes into meshes, import them into Blender and then edit them? Because when I try and sculpt them is tears up the mesh something bad.
    It depends one what kind of modeling you intend to do. Bsp is messy so if you are going for hard surface clean modeling then you would want to build your meshes around your exported geometry.

If you are going to use the sculpt mode then you can do a neat trick to kind of even out the poly count to get you a good sculpt base:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-05-08 22.51.31.png
Views:	1
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	345468

If you do the steps in the image it will give you a good starting point for organic or damaged meshes. Basically what this does is takes a mesh and fills it with lots of triangles that are evenly spaced which is what you want for even sculpting. You can do this on a default cube and view the wireframe and you'll see what I mean. Dynotopo can add polys automatically but I find it can be a bit iffy when the base mesh has lots of variation in the size of polygons doing things this way makes for an even starting point. Its actually possible to reduce your sculpted mesh poly count by raising the detail size and using flood fill. I use this often to create a quick low poly mesh to use in game.

One other thing before sculpting you need to apply the location/rotation/scale of the mesh. This is done by selecting a mesh pressing Ctrl+A and clicking through each operation. If you notice your having weird problems sculpting it may be because the mesh has been scaled or some such, this fixes that issue. You can see what I mean by taking a default cube scaling it down and try sculpting without setting the scale. What you'll notice is that brushes will be way to powerful. If the rotation is off brushes will move things in the wrong direction etc. So always apply rotation/location/scale.

The sculpting in blender is pretty powerful but the default settings are a bit crappy so you will need to fiddle around.

This video does a decent job showing some of the features you can use, and some of the possible effects:

That will get you started on creating the high detail assets you'll need to bake your normal maps and such. Blender normal maps don't play nice with Ue4 though so that is another can of worms I'll help you with down the road.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X