This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
    .... have you jumped in the Example map when loading the editor up and tried there trap room ????? .... you might be able to just drop that blueprint in!?
    I forget all the details but you need to copy a few things to get it to work... I've never tried it online either, so I don't know if it replicates properly online.

Comment

Thanks man!

Already posted the DL link above It's also on the first post in the thread.

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
      looks good!
      waiting for DL link
      Win 10
      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I've played this map a couple of times on the AW server, really nice work! I really like the triggered UDamage room. It's similar to DM-Pressure, but the window on the top is a nice extra feature to let you check if there is a UDamage available, without getting in the open. I did notice killing with the room counts as a suicide for the target, instead of an environmental kill. Can someone confirm this?

Another element I like is the wavy glass. Glass walls in maps are great but also dangerous. Most of the time, it's hard to see there is actualy glass. But I think here you've done it the proper way.

One thing I don't really like is having two offensive pickups (both UDamage + Berserk). I can't really explain it, but it just doesn't feel natural. I'd suggest removing the tower of boxes with the Berserk all together.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the map

I'm aware of the Kill room problems and I'm still trying to fix the issue.

Not sure about moving the boxes all together as it gives some cover when going for the health. Berserk, maybe. I'm more of an insta player so pickup placement feedback is very much welcome

Thanks again!

Originally posted by Basalt View Post
          I've played this map a couple of times on the AW server, really nice work! I really like the triggered UDamage room. It's similar to DM-Pressure, but the window on the top is a nice extra feature to let you check if there is a UDamage available, without getting in the open. I did notice killing with the room counts as a suicide for the target, instead of an environmental kill. Can someone confirm this?

Another element I like is the wavy glass. Glass walls in maps are great but also dangerous. Most of the time, it's hard to see there is actualy glass. But I think here you've done it the proper way.

One thing I don't really like is having two offensive pickups (both UDamage + Berserk). I can't really explain it, but it just doesn't feel natural. I'd suggest removing the tower of boxes with the Berserk all together.
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
          DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
          2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I messed up and lost all my files apart from RadioActiveV1

I started re working it again last night and I'm almost back to where I left off. I'm also making some nice layout changes
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

We really dig the map! Cool windows and areas for tricksters. Thanks for creating . Meanwhile the latest version is playable in the Seniors Nirvana .sr hub. Looking forward the updates.

Comment

Thanks Rock Glad ya like it!

Keep an eye out on this thread for the new version. I'm still working on it, but will post as soon as it's ready for testing. Haven't had my AC working in the house for 2 weeks, so it's been 90 degree sin my room, it's making mapping go very slow. because my brain has melted.

Originally posted by the_ROCK View Post
                We really dig the map! Cool windows and areas for tricksters. Thanks for creating . Meanwhile the latest version is playable in the Seniors Nirvana .sr hub. Looking forward the updates.
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Almost caught up on all the changes + I'm adding more decor and adjusting the layout some more.
                  Attached Files
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Come this in the next Version from the Map?

Comment

Ouch, them colorz...

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot previews. Everyone has different perspectives of course, and from mine, I think the amount of red trim/highlights are distracting, kinda powerful... not in a way that I prefer at least. For example I like the grey, blue, even against the dull orange trim from the current version. Really it's more of a "too much red" for me sorta thing . I wonder what others think.

Comment

I've added the current version of your map onto my Hub. Is there any way you could add a screenshot to your map though? At the moment, no one ever votes for it because of the yellow "No Screenshot!" image - it's ugly.

Thanks!
                          ON-GOING PROJECTS: DM-BloodCovenant, DM-Campgrounds (Absolute)
                          CONTACT & TWITCH: Absolute Discord
                          , Twitch

Comment

I will add a screenshot next build

Originally posted by Trinatek View Post
                            I've added the current version of your map onto my Hub. Is there any way you could add a screenshot to your map though? At the moment, no one ever votes for it because of the yellow "No Screenshot!" image - it's ugly.

Thanks!
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

It will probably be a few weeks before the next release.

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                              Come this in the next Version from the Map?
                              Win 10
                              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Almost done with the basic visual updates and layout changes, then I need to re do the trap blueprints and re do the lighting before I PAK the map and upload it for testing. I think the game flow is much better now. I've added a door to slide under, and a teleport outside in the rocket area, along with a pit to fall in that causes damage. I've also put the pillars back inside on the ramp.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by effects69; 08-30-2015, 02:35 PM.
                                Win 10
                                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Working...
                                X