X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-RadioActive

Check out the meshed version DM-Obsidian HERE

“I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).”

02-01-17 -
    Download Link - DM-RadioActive-V17 26.7 mb CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

• Game type changed to Showdown, although it still works really well as a Deathmath map.
    • Added game objective points for showdown
    • New spawn locations to incorporate the Showdown Mod.
    • Added ammo to incorporate the Showdown Mod.
    • Overcharge added to incorporate the Showdown mod
    • BioLauncher added
    • Minor adjustments to the map flow.
    • Added Spectator cams
    • Removed rock meshes from the perimeter of the map
    • Made minor changes to the layout
    • Added music "Dawn" by Archer6621
    • Lowered music volume
    • Added blocking volume above the mini gun area.

Currently Working on the following:

I'm currently working on meshing the map out, and working the new spawn and weapon pleacement to meet the showdown mod needs.
    The theme is a disused power plant situated on an ice planet. The power plant was donated to Liandri for it's bloody matches.

Game Testing:

I need people to test the heck out of the map, I want to make sure I get all spawn and weapon placement perfect for the showdown mod, so crank up some team games on the servers. Video footage of matched would be awesome!

Updates:

I will keep updating on this thread, screen shots of the work in progress and so on. For now you still have the blocked out version of the map to play, until the meshed version is ready for testing.

Thank you Floatharr for the concept art!

Official Epic review from the Twitch stream. Thank you so much guys, it's very helpful and very much appreciated, glad you had fun playing the map!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Constructive criticism only please.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Special thanks to the following for their help (if I missed anyone please let me know)

Laambo for: Thinking too much, putting hours of work into my map while I’m out of the country (The trap room was a pain in the bottom!) Fixing bot paths, layout suggestions and for hosting the map on the AW server.

Vlad for the new Blue Print! Cheers mate!
    HenrikRyosa for all the trigger help
    MoxNix for layout suggestions
    TotesAmaze for some layout suggestions
    CrazeOne for all the great feedback!
    Vanguard for the Blueprint help and suggestions
    M^ul for the great feedback!

And to everyone that has been and continues to play test the map.

And of course... Epic Games and their amazing team

Cheers
    !

Attached Files
    Last edited by effects69; 04-08-2017, 08:23 PM.
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Interesting map, obviously still needs a lot of work but there are a lot of things to like about it. It's a great start, one I think it has a lot of potential!

While it certainly isn't a big map I wouldn't call it a close quarters map either, there's too much open space to call it that. I don't think it's too open though it's hard to say about that without playing it against other players. The scaling felt ok too, it didn't feel like I was running around in the land of the giants or in lilliput either.

I like the sniper tower, especially the elevator jump to where the sniper rifle is. Could probably use just a little more room on the ledge up there, maybe wrap it three quarters of the way around the tower.

The radioactive trap is cool and instantly reminiscent of the trap in DM-Pressure.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 04-16-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks for trying it out man! And thanks for the feedback! I like your idea of wrapping the ledge around the tower

The AW server LA is currently running the map, I just got off there against 5 other players , it was really fun! I will post the info once I get permission from the host. DM-Pressure I was trying to remember the name of that map! It reminds me of it too.

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
      Interesting map, obviously still needs a lot of work but there are a lot of things to like about it. It's a great start, one I think it has a lot of potential!

While it certainly isn't a big map I wouldn't call it a close quarters map either, there's too much open space to call it that. I don't think it's too open though it's hard to say about that without playing it against other players. The scaling felt ok too, it didn't feel like I was running around in the land of the giants or in lilliput either.

I like the sniper tower, especially the elevator jump to where the sniper rifle is. Could probably use just a little more room on the ledge up there, maybe wrap it three quarters of the way around the tower.

The radioactive trap is cool and instantly reminiscent of the trap in DM-Pressure.
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Very nice map. Gives me some ideas on how to improve my own map !
        My portfolio : krystian.krissart.pl
        My UT map (WIP) : Tropical Tower

Comment

Thanks man!

Originally posted by Chrissx2 View Post
          Very nice map. Gives me some ideas on how to improve my own map !
          Win 10
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I'm gonna make some small changes to the map tonight, I will post a link to the updated version once it's done. In the mean time keep the feedback coming!
            Win 10
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Just got to point out that the bots seem to really "play" this map very well! ... I'm not a weapons guy but after a couple rounds it really grows on you!

... hit me up when the next version is ready and I'll swap it out with the new version!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Thanks Laambo!

Yeah the bots seem to work it quite well apart form the lower floor under the shield belt. I'm gonna be working on that and the trigger sounds attached to the switch.

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                Just got to point out that the bots seem to really "play" this map very well! ... I'm not a weapons guy but after a couple rounds it really grows on you!

... hit me up when the next version is ready and I'll swap it out with the new version!
                Win 10
                3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

I've made some changes. Please update. Link can be found on the original post at the top or you can click here. DropBox Link http://tiny.cc/1tl9wx

Changes So Far:
                  • Fixed bot navigation on lower floor
                  • Added floor grill on armour vest ramp so you can see the into the tunnel below
                  • lowered inside windows with ease of access
                  • Made ledge on tower curve around the corners a little more for a better sniper view of the map
                  • Health vials under shield belt have Switched sides on the ledge for ease of access
                  • Added plank to access knee pads
                  • Added Red colour to temporary lift meshes to increase visibility
                  • Added trigger sounds to planks
                  • Added extra space on link walkway and extra door + passageway to new vest area
                  • Fixed Radioactive room trigger sounds from being pressed multiple times in a row (thanks again to HenrikRyosa for the help)
                  • Added some extra temporary lighting for more visibility
                  • Moved Vest and Rock Launcher around. Vest is now in the room with the water and the rocket has replaced the vest.

Last edited by effects69; 04-19-2015, 03:41 PM.
                  Win 10
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                    I've made some changes. Please update. Link can be found on the original post at the top or you can click here. DropBox Link http://tiny.cc/RadioActive2

Changes So Far:
                    • Fixed bot navigation on lower floor
                    • Added floor grill on armour vest ramp so you can see the into the tunnel below
                    • lowered inside windows with ease of access
                    • Made ledge on tower curve around the corners a little more for a better sniper view of the map
                    • Health vials under shield belt have Switched sides on the ledge for ease of access
                    • Added plank to access knee pads
                    • Added Red colour to temporary lift meshes to increase visibility
                    • Added trigger sounds to planks
                    • Added extra space on link walkway and extra door + passageway to new vest area
                    • Fixed Radioactive room trigger sounds from being pressed multiple times in a row (thanks again to HenrikRyosa for the help)
                    • Added some extra temporary lighting for more visibility
                    • Moved Vest and Rock Launcher around. Vest is now in the room with the water and the rocket has replaced the vest.

can't wait to check it out! .... your download is a .umap file and not a .pak file! FYI

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.. URL has been updated
                      http://tiny.cc/jhl9wx
                      can't wait to check it out! .... your download is a .umap file and not a .pak file! FYI
                      Win 10
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.. URL has been updated
                        http://tiny.cc/jhl9wx
                        ...thanks but now its a different map and not radioactive! lol .... time for a day off your working too hard!

Comment

here is the correct link http://tiny.cc/1tl9wx
                          Win 10
                          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Updated http://tiny.cc/1tl9wx

...thanks but now its a different map and not radioactive! lol .... time for a day off your working too hard!
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

here is the correct link http://tiny.cc/1tl9wx

now we have a winner! .... uploading to redirect now!

Comment

Working...
                              X