No announcement yet.

DM-Blaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just played several duels on DM-Blaster, and I've got to say that it feels very good. For me definitely the most appealing new map so far. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
      or this:
      ^ This would get my vote (or possibly something just a taaaad brighter) The other is too bright/bloomy/offensive for the eyes and looks like it's like a sunny bright 30C clearsky at noon while this looks more like a late afternoon/evening setting which works better with the white textures.

We're talking personal taste here though so it's not like one is better than the other. I personally got allergetic against artistic post-processing/shading kind of effects after UT3... and guess therefore I prefer a more neutral look after that brownish colortone in UT3.
      Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-20-2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

@Nonemm @Numb.51
        Thanks for the gameplay shake, it works better now.
        I also added a pipe to make dodge easier from linkgun to the new sniper post.

@spighty Cheers

@RPGWiZ4RD @raxxy
        It's not pure white there's a light orange curry tint with a pinch of salt, absolutely delightful for your shuffleboard

NEW version uploaded with reworked item placement.
        DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
        Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Not a bad little map at all!

I have to admit when I first saw the screenshots I passed on it, but after seeing Numb's comments (I usually find myself agreeing with him on maps) decided to check it out and I'm glad I did.

I like the item placement better in the new version too. The amp and shield are no longer so close together, I think I like 100a placement better and the old 100a spot does seems like a better place for the amp too. Hard to say much more than that about it though since I only ran around in it by myself for 5 minutes.

Please add a version number to new versions though so it's less confusing for players which version is which.
          Last edited by MoxNix; 04-21-2015, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
            Not a bad little map at all!
            I have to admit when I first saw the screenshots I passed on it
            I'm curious: what do you find repulsive in my screenshots?
            Please add a version number to new versions though so it's less confusing for players which version is which.
            You mean on the file? yeah ok

Comment

Just had a run around the latest version and I think that only 3 25's is a little sparse for a 2v2 map. I know there are a plenty of vials but I think that there should be at least one more, preferably in the same position as the 25 near the flak cannon as this area doesn't seem to have as much draw to it as some others.

Also there seems to be a wall mesh with collision on the ramp leading from the pads to the amp which prevents you from wall-sliding some of the time.

Otherwise the item placement feels much better, will definitely be looking to playtest
              :|

Comment

I'm curious: what do you find repulsive in my screenshots?
                Not so much repulsive as in just more of the same... Yet another small map using the Liandri meshes and materials.

Comment

Played a round and can't say anything bad about the layout ! It was super fun .
                  When It comes to visuals, it could use some variations. Maybe use different texture colors for different rooms ?

I know this isn't needed in MP maps - especially in twitch shooters, but I really like when a map tells a story or makes me ask questions.
                  If you could add some theme to it, make look like it's a location that had some function; beeing it a lab, warehouse, repair station, prison, powerplant, cloning/freezing facility etc. that would be great ! ( but as I said, it's not necessary ! Map is already fantastic as it is !)
                  My portfolio : krystian.krissart.pl
                  My UT map (WIP) : Tropical Tower

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
                    Just had a run around the latest version and I think that only 3 25's is a little sparse for a 2v2 map. I know there are a plenty of vials but I think that there should be at least one more, preferably in the same position as the 25 near the flak cannon as this area doesn't seem to have as much draw to it as some others.
                    You mean something like that?

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
                    Also there seems to be a wall mesh with collision on the ramp leading from the pads to the amp which prevents you from wall-sliding some of the time.
                    I dont have this prob from my side, can you please make a screen?
                    Not so much repulsive as in just more of the same... Yet another small map using the Liandri meshes and materials.
                    Looks like you have a secret collection of meshed duel maps, please share
                    Originally posted by Chrissx2 View Post
                    Played a round and can't say anything bad about the layout ! It was super fun .
                    When It comes to visuals, it could use some variations. Maybe use different texture colors for different rooms ?

I know this isn't needed in MP maps - especially in twitch shooters, but I really like when a map tells a story or makes me ask questions.
                    If you could add some theme to it, make look like it's a location that had some function; beeing it a lab, warehouse, repair station, prison, powerplant, cloning/freezing facility etc. that would be great ! ( but as I said, it's not necessary ! Map is already fantastic as it is !)
                    Thank you
                    Edit: Colors themed rooms yes but not sure in this one.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-21-2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Nice, keep it up
                      My portfolio : krystian.krissart.pl
                      My UT map (WIP) : Tropical Tower

Comment

No, please, no. Dont place 1 pack and 2 vials, thats really bad, either place one of both or none. Just use healthpack groups of two, theres a reason why you see it that way in the game.
                        Imagine you have 100 health and you want to pick up vials but you are forced to places where you find just 10 hp plus a healthpack that doesnt do anything to your hp, it will manipulate spawntimes bigtime(because they can(and will) spawn independetly once players pick them up without picking up the pack + newer players potentially wont even notice that near the healthpack are vials since they have no visual indication(as in pickup base). Please dont do this, its really bad, group healthpacks of two - its the most common used grouping for a specific reason

PS: new item placement is better, not too keen of vest yet, but i want to try out ingame before i comment more on it
                        Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
                        Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
                          No, please, no. Dont place 1 pack and 2 vials, thats really bad, either place one of both or none. Just use healthpack groups of two, theres a reason why you see it that way in the game.
                          Imagine you have 100 health and you want to pick up vials but you are forced to places where you find just 10 hp plus a healthpack that doesnt do anything to your hp, it will manipulate spawntimes bigtime(because they can(and will) spawn independetly once players pick them up without picking up the pack + newer players potentially wont even notice that near the healthpack are vials since they have no visual indication(as in pickup base). Please dont do this, its really bad, group healthpacks of two - its the most common used grouping for a specific reason

PS: new item placement is better, not too keen of vest yet, but i want to try out ingame before i comment more on it
                          Ok (it was for nostalgia of jailbreak where you can often see stuff like that)
                          Just keep in mind that I changed the location of this medium health, even if I hesitate about where I can put a second one.

You also can see new corridor's look in background where is now located the shock ammo
                          Attached Files

Comment

good looking.
                            https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
                            https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

wow - looks cool!

the link is down - can u please update it so i can play test?

thank you in advance!

Comment

NEW version uploaded:

(v1.0)
                                -performance and filesize optimizations
                                -item emplacement tweak (around shock and bio)
                                -pipes collision fixed
                                -sound radius fixed
                                -corridors meshed
                                -visual polishing

Download:
                                https://ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/DM...wsNoEditor.pak 67MB

Comment

Working...
                                X