Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Blaster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Your job is very careful, I am eager to see the evolution (especially the lights)

    Test, i'd like to see the darkest shadows.
    Last edited by CarlGustavJung; 04-29-2015, 01:29 PM.
    MOD Crysis :Crysis Expanded
    MOD Crysis 2: Crysis Revival
    MAP UT4: DM-TheEDge51 QuarryStone

    Comment


      #32
      Very impressive, I like the clean look, looks fantastic for a nice duel. Will try it out today! Keep going!

      Comment


        #33
        This is the best 1v1 so far i played in the pre alpha. I really love it. Gj dude
        Maybe the orange outpost23 look could be different thats the only thing.

        Can you make a LG Version, when Lightning Gun is ready to play with?
        visit me on http://www.twitch.tv/lazym3

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by CarlGustavJung View Post
          Your job is very careful, I am eager to see the evolution (especially the lights)

          Test, i'd like to see the darkest shadows.
          Thank you. Visual clarity is very important for me: I'll darken the shadows a bit in the next version, but just a bit: I dont want to allow player to hide in them
          Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
          Very impressive, I like the clean look, looks fantastic for a nice duel. Will try it out today! Keep going!
          Hope you'll enjoy it
          Originally posted by lazyme1 View Post
          This is the best 1v1 so far i played in the pre alpha. I really love it. Gj dude
          Maybe the orange outpost23 look could be different thats the only thing.

          Can you make a LG Version, when Lightning Gun is ready to play with?
          Glad you like it. About the Lightning Gun: you mean in replacement of the sniper?
          (maybe I'll have to do some modifications of the layout to include this weapon )

          Different color stripe for example, suggestions?
          Attached Files
          DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
          Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

          Comment


            #35
            Played it several times for some 2n2, it's really a good map ! We had lots of fun on it ! GJ !

            Comment


              #36
              Tested it, loved it! Nice gameplay, and it's fun against bots, too. Currently one of the best 1on1 maps in my opinion.
              Colourwise the white-orange of course totally looks like outpost-23, so maybe it does makes sense to put in some nice blue or green or whatever you like
              On the other hand you can just keep it white-orange and create a connection to outpost in the map lore (maybe it's a storage facility for the mining products of outpost 23 or whatever )

              Anyway, good job.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by eXen View Post
                Played it several times for some 2n2, it's really a good map ! We had lots of fun on it ! GJ !
                Glad you like it
                Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                Tested it, loved it! Nice gameplay, and it's fun against bots, too. Currently one of the best 1on1 maps in my opinion.
                Colourwise the white-orange of course totally looks like outpost-23, so maybe it does makes sense to put in some nice blue or green or whatever you like
                On the other hand you can just keep it white-orange and create a connection to outpost in the map lore (maybe it's a storage facility for the mining products of outpost 23 or whatever )

                Anyway, good job.
                Thanks! Is Blaster looks like a storage facility? I hope not... anyway "The 23 connection" sounds good, perhaps as an easter egg

                ------------

                I watched the stream where Clawfist playtest Blaster but I dont understand everything he said about the bio-room, maybe someone can help me?

                (here the part: http://www.twitch.tv/unrealtournamen...03986?t=31m35s)
                DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

                Comment


                  #38
                  The map is really nicely sized. Time to travel never feels to long and there are ample of options to go for some trickjumps to reach places every now and then.
                  However the biggest complaint I have with this map is the assets; it screams so much "look at meh! I wanted to be outpost-23!" it hurts, because the map layout is really beautiful.
                  Maybe you could try to create some meshes and materials yourself and not just reuse all the outpost-23 assets to give it a more unique and distinct look.
                  Maps: [UT4] DM-1on1-Electro HurtDM-UT4TOURNEY | [UT3] DM-1on1-Phosphor | [UT2k3] BR-Egypt (RIP) | [UT] DM-1on1-Phosphor

                  Comment


                    #39
                    miss the map on the hubs very bad
                    visit me on http://www.twitch.tv/lazym3

                    Comment


                      #40
                      NEW version uploaded:

                      (v1.1)
                      -rebuild under UE4.8
                      -optimizations
                      -testing new decals color
                      -camera added

                      Download:
                      https://ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/DM...wsNoEditor.pak 60MB



                      Originally posted by waffl3head View Post
                      The map is really nicely sized. Time to travel never feels to long and there are ample of options to go for some trickjumps to reach places every now and then.
                      However the biggest complaint I have with this map is the assets; it screams so much "look at meh! I wanted to be outpost-23!" it hurts, because the map layout is really beautiful.
                      Maybe you could try to create some meshes and materials yourself and not just reuse all the outpost-23 assets to give it a more unique and distinct look.
                      Hey waffl3head, you say that because of the ramps?
                      DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                      Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Hi Bloodk1ng, I just ran through this with a bot and really liked the map. You have the layout and flow down really well, especially since a lot of the feedback has been specific item placement things. You did a good job with the Outpost assets. This is obviously personal preference but I think if you tried to differentiate Blaster from Outpost a bit more, it would help the map. I see you're already doing some of that with the blue wall trim. Having more unique features would be more memorable to players. But of course that's up to you. In your comments above you mentioned an early version had a night theme, any reason that didn't work out?

                        One minor nitpicky thing I had was while wall running. In the rocket room, there is a hatch mesh on the wall that has no collision. Which is fine, but the camera clips through the object as you run along the wall. I would add a thin blocking volume there (50 units max) just to space the player out.

                        Overall great work! This one should definitely be out there in the hubs already
                        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
                          Thank you. Visual clarity is very important for me: I'll darken the shadows a bit in the next version, but just a bit: I dont want to allow player to hide in them


                          Hope you'll enjoy it

                          Glad you like it. About the Lightning Gun: you mean in replacement of the sniper?
                          (maybe I'll have to do some modifications of the layout to include this weapon )

                          Different color stripe for example, suggestions?

                          make it blue or purple and bring the map back in the hubs pls kick raxxys *** <3
                          visit me on http://www.twitch.tv/lazym3

                          Comment


                            #43
                            played this map for a bit and it feels great. layout awesome, and it flows just about right. hard to comment on item placement without playing it for a few hours at least. it is going to be a great map. i just hope that there will be more visual details as the assets feel a little repetitive right now. i wouldnt worry about outpost-like look though. its the only fully fleshed out set of assets atm.
                            PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

                            Comment


                              #44
                              I think I played this map a few versions back and didn't really like it... Sorry I don't have more details than that...
                              Trust me, I'm a doctor.

                              Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
                              MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
                              Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by tidu View Post
                                Hi Bloodk1ng, I just ran through this with a bot and really liked the map. You have the layout and flow down really well, especially since a lot of the feedback has been specific item placement things. You did a good job with the Outpost assets. This is obviously personal preference but I think if you tried to differentiate Blaster from Outpost a bit more, it would help the map. I see you're already doing some of that with the blue wall trim. Having more unique features would be more memorable to players. But of course that's up to you. In your comments above you mentioned an early version had a night theme, any reason that didn't work out?
                                One minor nitpicky thing I had was while wall running. In the rocket room, there is a hatch mesh on the wall that has no collision. Which is fine, but the camera clips through the object as you run along the wall. I would add a thin blocking volume there (50 units max) just to space the player out.
                                Overall great work! This one should definitely be out there in the hubs already
                                Thx! I'll work on these prob.
                                About the night version: here an old screen to show you how it was supposed to look like:
                                (it has no impact on the gameplay and visual clarity, if people request I'll bring back this theme)


                                Originally posted by lazyme1 View Post
                                make it blue or purple and bring the map back in the hubs pls kick raxxys *** <3
                                It's blue the in latest version (v11)

                                Originally posted by shdw View Post
                                played this map for a bit and it feels great. layout awesome, and it flows just about right. hard to comment on item placement without playing it for a few hours at least. it is going to be a great map. i just hope that there will be more visual details as the assets feel a little repetitive right now. i wouldnt worry about outpost-like look though. its the only fully fleshed out set of assets atm.
                                I'm not totally satisfied with the current layout, specially around the shieldbelt, Udamage and low linkgun. As long as I want to improve these areas, I will not go further into deco.

                                Originally posted by Dr.ToxicVenom View Post
                                I think I played this map a few versions back and didn't really like it... Sorry I don't have more details than that...
                                Since it's designed for small competitive matchs so there a ton of reason to not like it.
                                Attached Files
                                DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                                Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X