No announcement yet.

DM-Blaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the map BloodK1nG. This is playable on Seniors Nirvana .sr hub. I've played this in "formal" 2v2s and in small DMs. It's fun .

Comment

Pak please BloodK1nG

Comment

NEW version uploaded:

(v1.2)
        -fixed mesh rendered black
        -add pipes to ease movement around shieldbelt
        -enlarge a bit the blocking volume between sniper and linkgun to allow dodge
        -fringe effect reduced (-50%)

Download:
        https://ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/DM...wsNoEditor.pak 60MB

(Installation: paste the .pak in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent)
        (For server install, content location: =/Game/MyContent/)

@the_ROCK Thank you
        DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
        Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

BloodK1nG, your map is fantastic so far! I just wanted to give you props on having a very well rounded weapon layout, that also heavily takes into consideration armor placement. Especially, your choice in putting shock rifle on the side of the map that requires impact hammer jumping to belt. I noticed!

Novaz and I are planning to do a duel tournament soon and we would like to include Blaster in the map list, tho we have a few concerns about the map. Some things need to be squared away first.
          • The double damage I think needs to be relocated to an area that requires an impact hammer jump, that way it requires time, effort, and damage to receive (just my thought). We're unsure yet if we're going to ban double damage from the duel tournament. If we don't, this change to DD will help curtail landslide victories.

• If you could add 1 extra healthpack in a spot, and take out a couple of vials to compensate, that might help the map considering how small it is.

• The ledge opposite to sniper could use a slight slant. It's a little bit hard to jump to (requires a bit of mantling due to the pill shape collision of the player).

• If you could change the lifts so that they use ease-in-out movement instead of Linear, and then tweak their movement speed, that would make the lifts feel a lot better, and become more consistent for lift jumping.

• The lifts could also be turned into a tall cube so that players cannot go under the lifts. This will cut down on shenanigan (players intentionally going under the lift to evade damage or to screw up the other player's future lift jumping, etc).

Your map is really ***ing good in its current state, I hope you don't decide to make sweeping changes.

I can't think of anything else right now, I'll get back to you.

Thanks!
          -Neil (CaptainMigraine)
          Last edited by Neilz0r; 09-23-2015, 01:09 PM.
          Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Glad you like @CaptainMigraine!

Originally posted by CaptainMigraine View Post
            The double damage I think needs to be relocated to an area that requires an impact hammer jump, that way it requires time, effort, and damage to receive (just my thought). We're unsure yet if we're going to ban double damage from the duel tournament. If we don't, this change to DD will help curtail landslide victories.
            Remove Udamage ok but its current place is bit risky and it will become risky for nothing?

If you could add 1 extra healthpack in a spot, and take out a couple of vials to compensate, that might help the map considering how small it is.
            I had a lot of players complaining about too much health since the first release, sure I want add an extra health but where?
            (for me the is the stinger/link room which lack health the most)

-If you could change the lifts so that they use ease-in-out movement instead of Linear, and then tweak their movement speed, that would make the lifts feel a lot better, and become more consistent for lift jumping.
            -The lifts could also be turned into a tall cube so that players cannot go under the lifts. This will cut down on shenanigan (players intentionally going under the lift to evade damage or to screw up the other player's future lift jumping, etc)
            Tall cube for lifts ok but using "ease-in-out movement instead of Linear" I dont understand.

Your map is really ***ing good in its current state, I hope you don't decide to make sweeping changes.
            Yep: only few visuals improvements and polishing planned.
            DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
            Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Dude, night version please!! Some coloured neon lights like good old dm-plunge, nice shadows and good atmosphere and you have my vote for president Would love it <3

Comment

Hey again

I load the level with 3 bots. I must say, layout is awesome and pickups placement seem fine too.

I would strongly recommend to try the night theme.

Only thing that I would suggest to add is 1 or 2 more medium health. I was constantly running low on health and against 3 skilled bots, it say to me the map need a tad more health

Dynamic blocking volume under the lift would prevent players to get stuck under the lift.

I'll need to play more but great work so far m8
                Stevie's corner
                Maps : DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Highly enjoyable map! and would also like to see this Night version of it.
                  I agree on the udamage being in abit to easy spot. My suggestion would place it on the right hand side wall from the lift, if you're standing on the linkgun looking at the lift. This would allow for hammer/lift jump up to it or require'n a wall run from the top of the ramp to get it.
                  Get'n positive feed back from players on the server so far!
                  LoPing
                  Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Played this map for the first time online today and it was really a "Blast"

VERY nice-looking and fun gameplay-wise
                    Last edited by barsam2a; 10-22-2015, 10:32 AM.
                    WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                    Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Originally posted by barsam2a View Post
                      Played this map for the first time online today and it was really a "Blast"
                      For some point I knew you'll write here something
                      Hell yes, this map rocks! It would be nice to see it available on the Marketplace.
                      DM-SpaceMiracle

Comment

Just a point, but if you plan to leave the stripes not orange, could you also change the floor and sticker colours to match them ? Thanks !

Comment

Sorry for my noob question, but I have a little doubt: will it be available as an official map or as a downloadable content?

However, I've not tried it, yet (also because I don't know how I can do it); but in my opinion it looks like "Outpost 23" in terms of style.

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                            Sorry for my noob question, but I have a little doubt: will it be available as an official map or as a downloadable content?

However, I've not tried it, yet (also because I don't know how I can do it); but in my opinion it looks like "Outpost 23" in terms of style.
                            It uses the same meshes, because Epic made them available for anyone to use for maps as part of UTE4. They are there for the taking and using, sir.
                            Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

I played this map yesterday on the UTzone.de hub. I love this map very much.

I'll have to get some hours in to give more detailed feedback, at the moment I haven't found any issues.

I do want to give my compliments for the fantastic use lighting and sound. I hope to get my maps this good some day.

Very enjoyable experience, will vote for this map a lot of times on the hub again!

Comment

Hey Bloody! Pretty awesome Duel map you have here!

I'm probably a bit late, but here's some feedback for you!
                                - Just like some other people here, I think the map needs at least one location with 2 healthpacks. I played a match against a bot and the lack of health was noticeable... At 2v2 it should be even more of a problem IMO... The current Bio place could be a nice 2 health place (albeit a bit close to the Belt, but I think there is no problem with that...).
                                - I'm not sure about the 100 armor placement. While the room where it is located is good, I found it took very little time to go from Belt to 100a. If the layout of the room was changed somehow so that the 100armor is in a riskier place on a higher floor (so you can't easily reach it from the lowest floor), I think it would be an improvement. You might still be able to rush from 100a to Belt, though. Another option could be moving the Belt elsewhere but I'm not that keen on that since the map feels designed to keep the best powerup in the middle.
                                - Layout-wise, the only place I didn't like was the low floor of the Belt-Bio room. It feels a bit like a deadend (it takes too much time to get out of there IMO) and it is also a bit cramped. If possible, I would add a dodgeramp from the low floor to the Bio place, so you may also have to make the space a little less cramped. I kinda wish there were a couple of dodgeramps elsewhere BTW.
                                - You might not want to make it possible, but I would like to be able to liftjump (or liftjump+walldodge) to the Stinger platform. I agree with the lifts feeling a bit slowish and not very liftjump-friendly, too.
                                - Did you try swapping the Flak and the low floor LinkGun? I found the Flak to be the best weapon in the map hands down (due to its hallway-ish style), so at least in the LinkGun spot it would be more exposed, and less close to the other short-range weapon, the RocketLauncher... I think it's not necessary to have 2 LinkGuns in the map and, if you end up placing a double health in the current Bio spot, the Bio could be moved to the 2nd floor LinkGun location, replacing it.
                                - I kinda miss some kind of walltrick to reach the TighPads without having to drop down to the lift to perform a liftjump.
                                - As for the Amp, the walltrick route looks fine to me, but the hallway route may be much safer in comparison. I dunno about what to do here, but I would at least move the Amp slightly so it is less close to the hallway...

Best of luck with it!
                                Last edited by TheGlecter; 10-28-2015, 01:26 PM.
                                DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                                My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                                My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Working...
                                X