No announcement yet.

DM-Blaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played a couple round on it ...It plays well and I added to my server! The only thing I see as a problem is with the bots not knowing how to get off the lifts. Not sure if the editor has a lift exit node or something. Otherwise Great Job looks good and is fun to play! Thank you!
    Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Thanks guys, but no night version today

Download v1.3:
      https://ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/DM-Blaster-v13-WindowsNoEditor.pak 70MB

(Installation: paste the .pak in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent)

MapRotation=/Game/MyContent/DM-Blaster-v13
      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Blaster-v13-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/DM-Blaster-v13-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="200c0420f38b14e4e8f24a88ef222ac4")

Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
      Hey Bloody! Pretty awesome Duel map you have here!

I'm probably a bit late, but here's some feedback for you!
      - Just like some other people here, I think the map needs at least one location with 2 healthpacks. I played a match against a bot and the lack of health was noticeable... At 2v2 it should be even more of a problem IMO... The current Bio place could be a nice 2 health place (albeit a bit close to the Belt, but I think there is no problem with that...).
      - I'm not sure about the 100 armor placement. While the room where it is located is good, I found it took very little time to go from Belt to 100a. If the layout of the room was changed somehow so that the 100armor is in a riskier place on a higher floor (so you can't easily reach it from the lowest floor), I think it would be an improvement. You might still be able to rush from 100a to Belt, though. Another option could be moving the Belt elsewhere but I'm not that keen on that since the map feels designed to keep the best powerup in the middle.
      - Layout-wise, the only place I didn't like was the low floor of the Belt-Bio room. It feels a bit like a deadend (it takes too much time to get out of there IMO) and it is also a bit cramped. If possible, I would add a dodgeramp from the low floor to the Bio place, so you may also have to make the space a little less cramped. I kinda wish there were a couple of dodgeramps elsewhere BTW.
      - You might not want to make it possible, but I would like to be able to liftjump (or liftjump+walldodge) to the Stinger platform. I agree with the lifts feeling a bit slowish and not very liftjump-friendly, too.
      - Did you try swapping the Flak and the low floor LinkGun? I found the Flak to be the best weapon in the map hands down (due to its hallway-ish style), so at least in the LinkGun spot it would be more exposed, and less close to the other short-range weapon, the RocketLauncher... I think it's not necessary to have 2 LinkGuns in the map and, if you end up placing a double health in the current Bio spot, the Bio could be moved to the 2nd floor LinkGun location, replacing it.
      - I kinda miss some kind of walltrick to reach the TighPads without having to drop down to the lift to perform a liftjump.
      - As for the Amp, the walltrick route looks fine to me, but the hallway route may be much safer in comparison. I dunno about what to do here, but I would at least move the Amp slightly so it is less close to the hallway...

Best of luck with it!
      Hey G.Lecter! It's never too late for feedback ...even if you dont make screenshot

The liftjump+walldodge to the stinger Platform is possible this way:

but let's be honest: that's not a fun way to. Lift time should be fine now.

About the vest you mean something like this?

Thx for the feedback, changes are in the v1.3
      Attached Files
      DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
      Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Loaded onto server & will be testing it some with others later today. BigUp for the update!
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
          The liftjump+walldodge to the stinger Platform is possible this way:

but let's be honest: that's not a fun way to. Lift time should be fine now.
          what? that sounds super fun actually. i like when maps have some jumps that are not instantly obvious.
          PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

Comment

Hey b1oodking I made a video summing up my thoughts on your map, I hope you take some of what i said into consideration :--)
            P.S There's a ton of ambient sound on the map, maybe you should tone it down.
            Last edited by paranoid_banana; 12-11-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid_banana View Post
              Hey b1oodking I made a video summing up my thoughts on your map, I hope you take some of what i said into consideration :--)
              Nice feedback0r! I agree with most of it though I'd say the Bio is actually in a pretty good location, I find I pick it up a lot when just running around the map and it's "in the way" (in a good sense lol).

Comment

good stuff nanners!

Comment

Originally posted by shdw View Post
                  what? that sounds super fun actually (...)
                  Not during a fight, i guarantee it!
                  Originally posted by paranoid_banana View Post
                  -Your lack of faith in the v13 is... disturbing-

Thanks @paranoid_banana!
                  Quite relevant feedback, even for the v13 so i made a version with the improvements you suggested.
                  After a quick playtest it seems the reworked udamage/vest area doesnt work as well as expected, check by yourself.
                  (the mini box was supposed to cover the only playerstart that doesnt face a weapon and prevent a spawnkill from the belt,
                  it's also a remains of the previous shock room iterations when the map was wider)

Comment

Download v1.4:
                    https://ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/DM...wsNoEditor.pak 88MB

Changelog:
                    v1.4 (29/02/2016)
                    -reworked linkgun/bio area
                    -dodge ramp added near stinger
                    and few others "exciting" tweaks

(Installation: paste the .pak in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent)

MapRotation=/Game/MyContent/DM-Blaster-v14
                    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Blaster-v14-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/DM-Blaster-v14-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="39d22a0511e03d73958190972bbc181f")
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ty BloodK1nG! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                      LoPing

Comment

Update available:

Download v1.5 (62MB) (15/07/2016)

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                        Ty BloodK1nG! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                        Not just for my enjoyment I hope, thx

Comment

looks nice man ..i wanna play this map

Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

Comment

Niceness on update'n this beauty BloodK1nG! Reloaded onto the LoPing.
                            Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 07-18-2016, 12:26 PM.
                            LoPing

Comment

Hey man ..your map is nice ..i have one tip about post processing ..u can made more "intense" for active colors ..but is just observation your map is clear and fun to play ..keep up good work

Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

Comment

This is such a great map BloodK1nG, I hope you will keep it maintained and playable when they do updates that break the maps.
                                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
                                X