DM-Blaster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Blaster

Description: Oldskool style map designed for duel and 2vs2 competitive games.

Download v1.5 (56MB)

Compatibility: UT patch 0.1.10

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).
    (Installation: paste the .pak in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent OR C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks)
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Blaster-v15
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-22-2017, 01:46 PM.
    CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
    Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Very very nice, fully meshed and good-looking little map !

Comment

Nice clean map.
      I did a quick play and found a lot of the mesh have no collisions the pipes on the lower level you can hide inside, the tops of the lift look like they have a ledge you can walk on top of but you fall down, the window seen in the first screen shot you can hide inside too, a lot of the outpost meshes have no collision on them (from my experience)

Lighting is also nice and I like the flow of the map, keep up the good work
      Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
      Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
      Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

Originally posted by toninus View Post
        Very very nice, fully meshed and good-looking little map !
        Im glad you like it
        Originally posted by Venguard View Post
        Nice clean map.
        I did a quick play and found a lot of the mesh have no collisions the pipes on the lower level you can hide inside, the tops of the lift look like they have a ledge you can walk on top of but you fall down, the window seen in the first screen shot you can hide inside too, a lot of the outpost meshes have no collision on them (from my experience)

Lighting is also nice and I like the flow of the map, keep up the good work
        Thx for the quick feedback, I've fixed the "window" collision, but I dont see these pipes and ledge you talked about, please show me.
        Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-20-2015, 05:13 AM. Reason: none

Comment

I've fixed the critical collisions and it's reuploaded, hope you will have fun now

Download:
          https://ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/DM...wsNoEditor.pak

Comment

Woah

Looking forward to trying this out

EDIT:

Just had a run around it and it feels great. Looking forward to playing this online
            Last edited by Flikswich; 04-20-2015, 08:01 AM.
            :|

Comment

Originally posted by Flikswich View Post
              Looking forward to playing this online
              Maybe against me?
              Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-20-2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Heres some feedback:

The layout is great, i didnt find single thing that needs an immediate fix. Flow is nice, some nice trickjumps and the visual style is also cool.
                Now to item placement, and that is where the map suffers atm.(at least for me)
                • Having belt and amp so close together and even centralized in the map is very bad, just imagine the 3rd belt spawn where amp and belt spawn at the same time, the guy that gets belt will 100% get amp and it will completely change the balance of the map. Im also not a fan of centralized powerups, a player should be forced to the outsides of a map otherwise its too easy to get to the powerup location again.
                • Theres too many vials and healthpacks in the map, I would get rid of some of the vials and place them more strategically rather than just beeing something you pickup while moving through the map.
                • theres also too much armor imo, 2 helmets + thighpads + vest + belt . At least remove 1 helmet.(check screenshot)
                • theres some weird collision in the Flak room(check screenshot)

Ive thought about how i would place items, checkout the gallery , i noted anything i thought that could improve the map.

Especially armor is perfectly spread in the map now and you also get rid of 2 healthpaks, and the remaining 5 Healthpaks are well spread on the map too. You could also think about placing bio behind the current belt pillar thing(the dark area), its propably a little better because rocketlauncher and bio arent so extremely close together. I havent considered ammo placement yet ^^.
                Shock and sniper are still(as before) far away from each other, same with flak and rocket. Having 2 link guns is fine I guess, if you want to get rid of one i would delete the one near the lift at belt(where i placed belt ^^)

But anyway, this is really great work and seems like a very nice map once polished out !
                Do whatever you want with my feedback, it certainly is a great map .
                Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
                Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Love the orange circles around the pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
                    Heres some feedback:

The layout is great, i didnt find single thing that needs an immediate fix. Flow is nice, some nice trickjumps and the visual style is also cool.
                    Now to item placement, and that is where the map suffers atm.(at least for me)
                    • Having belt and amp so close together and even centralized in the map is very bad, just imagine the 3rd belt spawn where amp and belt spawn at the same time, the guy that gets belt will 100% get amp and it will completely change the balance of the map. Im also not a fan of centralized powerups, a player should be forced to the outsides of a map otherwise its too easy to get to the powerup location again.
                    • Theres too many vials and healthpacks in the map, I would get rid of some of the vials and place them more strategically rather than just beeing something you pickup while moving through the map.
                    • theres also too much armor imo, 2 helmets + thighpads + vest + belt . At least remove 1 helmet.(check screenshot)
                    • theres some weird collision in the Flak room(check screenshot)

Ive thought about how i would place items, checkout the gallery , i noted anything i thought that could improve the map.

Especially armor is perfectly spread in the map now and you also get rid of 2 healthpaks, and the remaining 5 Healthpaks are well spread on the map too. You could also think about placing bio behind the current belt pillar thing(the dark area), its propably a little better because rocketlauncher and bio arent so extremely close together. I havent considered ammo placement yet ^^.
                    Shock and sniper are still(as before) far away from each other, same with flak and rocket. Having 2 link guns is fine I guess, if you want to get rid of one i would delete the one near the lift at belt(where i placed belt ^^)
                    Thank Nonemm! Exactly the kind of suggestions I needed; except for the shieldbelt and shock, where I'm not convinced: moving the shieldbelt will result in total lose of interest in the central area and the shock well, why you dont like its placement?
                    I thought my vials were already at strategic location, I will check again. (have you a prob for displaying reflections and effects on ut? )
                    I'll make a test in a few hours and we will see.
                    -------
                    Something weird with default collision box? here the explanation:

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
                    Love the orange circles around the pickups.
                    And me, losing my time with lights and mesh...
                    Attached Files

Comment

I really like the layout and how it plays but (that's just me imaging how it would play vs other players running around the map in this case) but there's one thing which personally bothers me but it's a taste thing -- the purple-tint hue the map has. Would have preferred a more neutral whitish look because to me it makes it look a bit sad, dull, boring with that tint.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                        I really like the layout and how it plays but (that's just me imaging how it would play vs other players running around the map in this case) but there's one thing which personally bothers me but it's a taste thing -- the purple-tint hue the map has. Would have preferred a more neutral whitish look because to me it makes it look a bit sad, dull, boring with that tint.
                        It's a remain of the night theme, where neon were purple... since I read so many dislike about this colour that I switched to green but I still dont understand you guys.

In white? like this:

or this:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I was mainly moving shock because i moved sniper and both would have been too close together, I agree that the new shock position is not really the best place for it. Its not that I dislike the current shock placement, but I feel the room is more suited for an armor placement and you already have several weapons in this specific area of the map(Flak,Bio and Shock). I dont know a better place for shock atm. tbh. Maybe you can keep the thighpads placement how it is now and rather than moving thighpads to both healthpaks you could move shock there, dunno.
                          I think the middle will still be important for the gameplay (when moving belt)due to its interconnective nature. It connects all parts of the map very well and is strategically important for map control(especially the higher parts of the center area). Keeping belt in its current spot could work too, the main issue is having both powerups in the same room .
                          Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
                          Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Bloodking there is an area that is really op. You can do a circuit between the vest, the bio, the shock, and the helmet on one side of the map. It has perfect line of sight of the belt. There is a height advantage. There are 6 or so vials and i think 3 health packs in that route. You can completely avoid half of the map just by running that route. I however have yet to play it in 1v1 but i'll see if my opinion changes.

This map is amazing though.... it looks professional quality to me. From the routes to the scale to the complexity of the map. I assure you this will be the most played 1v1 map if items are changed around.

Comment

Prefer the purple tint. easier on the eyes than pure white

Comment

Working...
                              X