Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Burgh

Hiyas!

After lots of work and much spamming in the IRC channel, I finally have the first playable version of DM-Burgh!

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn5fq30ngl...ditor.pak?dl=0
    https://ut.rushbase.net/Sonaeris/DM-...wsNoEditor.pak

DM-Burgh is sizeable DM level with a good mix (I think :P) of close-quarters and long range combat and a hefty dose of z-axis fighting. I really wanted to create a proper location to fight in, rather than just a deathmatch arena, which is also why the BSP work is a lot more detailed than your average shell. I think it looks pretty nice but you be the judge! It also has full bot support!

I'd love to get some feedback from you guys particularly with regards to item placement, snaggly architecture and sightlines. Also if any paths need boarding up or knocking through

NOTE: Lighting is currently bugged on anything other than Epic texture settings

Video:

Additional Screenshots:

Changelog v2

- Revised playerstart placement, they were concentrated too much on one part of the map leading to most of the fighting taking place there (area between the RL/Shieldbelt/Linkgun), spreading them out more will encourage more action throughout the entire play area
    - Moved the ShockRifle, LinkGun and Flak Cannon from their original positions slightly to balance out the new playerstart placement
    - Added an extra step to the ledge pointed out by Chainsaw so players no longer get stuck on it

Changelog v3

- Added lights/visual indicators at most of the lifts in the game.
    - Added an extra Link Gun and Stinger to increase weapon pickup density, some people complained about having to run too long to find a weapon.
    - Moved around playerstarts a little more in accordance with the weapon placement.
    - Removed music for the time being.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sonaeris; 05-08-2015, 09:48 AM.

that is one nice looking castle
    Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
    Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
    Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

Tried with bots quickly.
      I'm no pro gamer but item placement seems nice, enough space between them.
      Also love the fact it's quite a big map, but with lots of variations and more z-axis than it seems at first.
      Just a bit disappointed that theres nothing to do with lift jumps...

Visually, if you put the same attention to meshes as you did to your BSPs, it's gonna look more than pro ! Love the setting and the lighting !

Comment

Yeah, hands down my favourite map out there at the moment. Scale is perfect. Gameplay, visuals, background, etc. Don't have any remarks.
        Didn't check weapon placement yet.

Minor feedback. You can't walk on this ledge.
        Attached Files

Comment

Finally, Sonaeris!

Downloading now.
          @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

Great brush work and nice feel with the lighting. This is a really nice warm map and very well built indeed.

Some areas are a little tight but I think with the over all size of the map and layout it will be OK.

Congrats!
            Win 10
            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

The map looks good, I really like the design but I when play it feels frustating to not even be able see the lifts: maybe the skylight is a bit too low
              DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
              Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

I've put a new version of the map up on dropbox with revised playerstart/weapon placement. I think it's a lot better already. Lighting is still bugged if you load the map on medium texture quality sadly.

Linkage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/csp6ekrho1...ditor.pak?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by Venguard View Post
                  that is one nice looking castle
                  Cheers!

Originally posted by toninus View Post
                  Tried with bots quickly.
                  I'm no pro gamer but item placement seems nice, enough space between them.
                  Also love the fact it's quite a big map, but with lots of variations and more z-axis than it seems at first.
                  Just a bit disappointed that theres nothing to do with lift jumps...

Visually, if you put the same attention to meshes as you did to your BSPs, it's gonna look more than pro ! Love the setting and the lighting !
                  Thanks! There are actually some liftjumps you can perform, particularly in the room with the BreastPlate. You can use the momentum from the lift there to get to the armor platform, or even all the way to the roof level! The lift near the shieldbelt can be used to get onto the outer barricade near the Rocket Launcher.

Originally posted by ChA1NsAw View Post
                  Yeah, hands down my favourite map out there at the moment. Scale is perfect. Gameplay, visuals, background, etc. Don't have any remarks.
                  Didn't check weapon placement yet.

Minor feedback. You can't walk on this ledge.
                  Awesome! Glad you like it that much I fixed the ledge in the new version that's up now.

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
                  Great brush work and nice feel with the lighting. This is a really nice warm map and very well built indeed.

Some areas are a little tight but I think with the over all size of the map and layout it will be OK.

Congrats!
                  Which areas did you feel were too tight? Personally I think there's a nice balance of larger spaces with more narrow corridors (Flak whores need love too ), but if there's like a specific spot that you think is really bad I could look into it.

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
                  The map looks good, I really like the design but I when play it feels frustating to not even be able see the lifts: maybe the skylight is a bit too low
                  Thanks! Any spots in particular that you think are too dark? I don't want to make the skylight too bright or it would just kill the atmosphere I feel.

Keep the feedback coming!

Comment

Also this, <3
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looking great!
                      Stacey Conley
                      -----------------------------
                      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                      Epic Games, Inc.
                      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Really nicely put together. Great visuals and nice flow. Weapon placements and spawn still feel a little off on v2. In general the time from spawn to weapon feels very inconsistant. Some spawns you're right next to a powerful weapon, RL/flak, other spawns nothing is near you. It feels like it needs another 1 or 2 weapon pickups in general. An extra singer or link would go a long way to bringing the space together. I'd also suggest lowering the surgested player number. I tested it with 10 players and it felt very busy. It's quite a large map, but very tight in places. 6-10 would probably be more reasonable than 8-12 imo.

Also you could do with lighting lifts slightly clearer. The lift under the RL bridge is almost invisible

Nice work Sonaeris!

Comment

Amazing, and soo many details already !

I would like to test it, but I don't want to create dropbox acc :<.
                          My portfolio : krystian.krissart.pl
                          My UT map (WIP) : Tropical Tower

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissx2 View Post
                            Amazing, and soo many details already !

I would like to test it, but I don't want to create dropbox acc :<.
                            I don't think you need an account, you should just be able to right click>save as?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonaeris View Post
                              I don't think you need an account, you should just be able to right click>save as?
                              Nope. When I click on 'download' button, it redirects me to a log-in screen :|

edit: nvm, there's a 'skip log-in' button >.<
                              My portfolio : krystian.krissart.pl
                              My UT map (WIP) : Tropical Tower

Comment

Working...
                              X