CTF-Dock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Dock

Asym CTF. Not much to say. Weapon placements need work. There is also meant to be a mechanic with the crane moving boxes but I wanted to release an initial version for people to play with while I fiddle around with the fancy stuff. General idea is that the boat is relatively easy to get into, but harder to get out of while the port is hard to get into, but easier to escape.

TBH, not very happy with how this turned out. Hopefully some testing can help smooth it out.

===
    Wip 10 Pak
    ===

Server admin info:
    Dir: /Game/Maps/CTF-Dock/CTF-Dock_WIP10
    URL: https://redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/...wsNoEditor.pak
    Checksum: 6b56cb364bc6c3d658af7259d9b308d7

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula )
    Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 11-11-2016, 08:37 PM.

I've played it only once so far and there are two major issues :P

1) Distance between the flags might be to small. Bots were in my based withing few sec from starting, crushing us and preventing from going outside.
    2) There seems to be only one way out from the the ship unless you rocketjump or use some other selfharming mechanic ?
    3) I sad two issues but this is part of the 2nd one :P. Bots were stuck underneath the lift so there was no way out ( I might've put too many bots as well tho - it was something around 12-14 )

I will play it more later on
    My portfolio : krystian.krissart.pl
    My UT map (WIP) : Tropical Tower

Comment

It is quite small, I might end up making it a little larger. The issue is if I want to include the crane mechanics I'd like I'd have to make it larger. Also you can exit the ship by lift jumping from the two internal lifts. The bots are a little confused with it but I think it's borne out of nav mesh issues rather than the design per se.

Comment

I didn't notice the other lift. I'll check it out later on.

And yes, the bots don't like lifts and jumppads very much atm. :P

Edit: nvm. Im so stupid. I just watched my recording and there is in fact 2nd lift. I also forgot that there's something called translocator >.< That would help me get out from the ship >.>. ****, I haven't play UT in a very long time.. I feel like a complete noob.
        Last edited by Chrissx2; 04-21-2015, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I've played another match but with less bots ( Think I had like 20 before ). And it played quite well. Distance between flags felt ok, but personally I would move some spawning points ( from the ship side ) closer to the middle.
          Beside that, map was fun. It needs to be tested with real players though - bots are having some problems with navigating through the ship.

Comment

Maybe add an easier exit here? On the bottom of the lift it says enemy base is forward, but when you don't make the liftjump you have to go backward.

This part decreases flow a bit too much imo. It's ok if you can jump on something and have a bit of walkspace before dodging off, but here you can only jump on when you're about to touch the edge. If you touch the edge you can't jump on, it bounces you down.

Other than that. I like the scale, environment and gameplay a lot. It's a legit unreal CTF map. Very underrated!
            Attached Files

Comment

I figured I'd post feedback in screenshots rather than try to explain in TL;DR post ^_^.
              Cheers man, and nice work. I think it's much better than you're thinking :-)
              This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
              This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
              MyArtstation
              @jayoplus

Comment

Happy to see a small CTF map. This maps will turn great when instagib'ing :P
                work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I just love that boat. Gonna give it a play soon for some feedback

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm warming back up to it slightly. I really like some of those suggestions Jay. I know you suggested upping the water level before but it didn't really sit right with me. Interested to try it now I've let it sit for a bit.

Comment

Great looking map! Looking forward to see more

Comment

Cool Map WIP 2?

Comment

lol Chris. I love that you keep us LDs on our toes XD

We played this a little at the community event. I have a few changes in mind but I'll have to see how things go when I get back. Some of them require some large changes to the midfield. I also really want to give the crane a real try this time. Before the event I really wanted to get a set list of stuff done, the map plays fine without the crane mechanic and it was really useful to get it played properly. I might move away from the sequential timed plan and have it be triggered by the players from a center console under the main crane. It'll also hopefully add some extra gameplay to the small battlements area nearby.

Comment

Right ok! V2.

===
                            Wip 2 Pak
                            ===
                            • Completely redesigned the midfield.
                            • Added water path to ship
                            • Opened up side of base
                            • Crane now moves
                            • Crane controlled by button in the bunker midfield

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                            This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Nice work man. I'll give the new version a run around.
                              MyArtstation
                              @jayoplus

Comment

Working...
                              X