Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos[X] View Post
    Wow awesome map! I just got done a few matches offline against bots, and had a lot of fun playing this map. I played 1on1 and had a blast. Movement in this map feels great. You can traverse it so many different ways, and that makes it a fun map to play. I think you nailed it man! Fish tanks hey, I was wonder why those area's were blocked off like that. Great job, and thanks for the fun map.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm also relieved that the pak works!

I don't have an updated pak yet, but I've been playtesting a bit more and noticed that much of the fighting is biased towards the rocket area. There was a minigun on the level below the rocket, so I moved that to where the bio was, and bumped the bio up into the blue space under the water tank (by the udamage). This spreads the weapons out a bit more and I feel it gives players more of an incentive to use the entire map. Other than that I'm experimenting with materials and making small line of sight refinements. Any other feedback is definitely appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow awesome map! I just got done a few matches offline against bots, and had a lot of fun playing this map. I played 1on1 and had a blast. Movement in this map feels great. You can traverse it so many different ways, and that makes it a fun map to play. I think you nailed it man! Fish tanks hey, I was wonder why those area's were blocked off like that. Great job, and thanks for the fun map.

EDIT:I forgot to mention I really like some of the cool ways you implemented higher skill movement options. Like the ledge above the helmet spawn, so If your coming down from the sniper, you can wall dodge to the ledge then wall dodge to the amp. The slope dodge at the bottom of the flak drop is clever too, I was wonder what that slope was for, then found the drop area around the flak.
    Last edited by Kronos[X]; 04-27-2015, 12:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay I repackaged the map, it can be found here: https://ut.rushbase.net/tidu/Nine/DM...wsNoEditor.pak

Again I'm sorry for the inconvenience earlier, player feedback is so important and I feel really bad when you guys take the time to test out my map and it doesn't work for whatever reason. I think the problem could be related to renaming the file. I tried a couple tests, moving files, renaming them, etc. and got really inconsistent results. At one point I took the original downloaded pak, removed the underscore from the filename, and it worked. Then I moved it to my Desktop, checked to make sure it was not in my map list anymore (it wasn't), then moved it back to the Paks folder and it didn't re-appear in the list. Overall just very funky behavior.

This new pak was taken right from the MyContent folder and not renamed. I tested the download too, and it works. Thanks again for taking the time to try it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's very strange, thanks for letting me know. It showed up for me in the game multiple times. The only thing I can think of is that I renamed the pak by adding "_A" to the end (right before uploading it), but dWLkR already tried to rename it back without success. Maybe the upload corrupted somehow? I am not at my computer at the moment but I will try to replicate it and put up a new, working pak later today. Sorry for the trouble.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    Hey tidu, looking good. For some reason I can't see it in game. It's in the same folder as all of the other maps I downloaded but I can't see it in the game.
    confirmed!
    even the console command "open" did not help...
    i also tried to rename the .pak which is located in C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks to:
    DM-Nine_A-WindowsNoEditor.pak
    DM-Nine-WindowsNoEditor.pak
    DM-Nine.pak

i also copied these files to C:\Users\%username%\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent
    - it does not show up in game and isn't launchable via console...

any ideas?

thx in advance!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks interesting!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey tidu, looking good. For some reason I can't see it in game. It's in the same folder as all of the other maps I downloaded but I can't see it in the game.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [PROTOTYPE] DM-Nine - New pak (7/14/17) July 2017 Build

DM-Nine - New pak (7/14/17) July 2017 Build

7/14/17: Update N: DM-Nine N

Code:
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Nine_N
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Nine_N-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.allnoobs.com/ut4/users/tidu1d769/DM-Nine_N-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="db1b7247ef361b94b04934086acb03f3")

Getting close on this one. Enjoy

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Spoiler

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA (https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).
    Last edited by tidu; 07-14-2017, 09:04 PM.
Working...
X