Highly appreciate the recook tidu!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Repaked

Made a page at allnoobs

https://www.allnoobs.com/index.php?/...le/63-dm-nine/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the update tidu. Love your map. Too bad the download server is so slow. Taking 5 minutes - and I'm on a 1 Gb connection.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you kind sir!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesomeness tidu!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated for the latest build. Mostly a repak... The link is in the first post. I did change the following though:

Replaced the bio rifle with grenade launcher
    New sky that looks much better.

Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the recook!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the late update, map has been repaked for the current build. No significant changes, working on something else at the moment. See the first post. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks a lot tidu!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BiGUp for the recook tidu!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FSTIV View Post
    Hey tidu, hope to see you re-pack for the current version (3/27/2017).
    Gotcha covered:

https://redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/...wsNoEditor.pak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey tidu, hope to see you re-pack for the current version (3/27/2017).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks all, I didn't realize people were so passionate about this Don't worry I'm too far along to make any major changes. I still need to go through and polish/optimize some things and I will take all this feedback into account when doing so. Conrad's workflow is great, if I had done something similar the map would look more cohesive. Like I said in my earlier post, the visuals were iterated every few months rather than carefully planned ahead of time. The result is kind of a mixture of a few things that do look a bit goofy. Eric made a post a few months ago earlier in this thread with a helpful and extensive gameplay critique and I tried to implement what I could to reduce line of sight, etc. That may have contributed to strange geometry (like a wall or pillar that looks out of place). This is the most "mature" of my maps and I've learned the most working on it. Rather than spin my wheels on the same thing I'd rather take what I've learned and apply it to new maps. As far as gameplay goes, it's not amazing but I think it plays adequately for a small DM. But in the end, if people are at least enjoying the map in casual games then I'm happy.

It's come a long way from the original shell!
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Originally posted by FSTIV View Post
    Sometimes its fun to play a map that looks like it came from the mind of a lunatic! ;-)
    I'll consider this a compliment haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also want to compliment you tidu on a really interesting map design. Very playable and fun! And I also like the quirkiness of the map. Sometimes its fun to play a map that looks like it came from the mind of a lunatic! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
    Well put! Imo, the map's fine as is - quirkiness included, because those who have played it, enjoyed themselves and I haven't had a single complaint with regards to it's playability or fun factor.
    Keep Up the GoodWorks!
    Agreed. The map plays well and looks pretty good too. Yes there are a few strange things but you kind of have to look for them to notice, nothing is so glaring it's distracting while playing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X