Name:	Planetarium010.png
Views:	1
Size:	351.4 KB
ID:	357033Click image for larger version

Name:	Planetarium011.png
Views:	1
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	357034

Giant Glowing Sphere(!) in the center! Four rooms: Belt, Vest, Pads and Sniper (it gets it's own room because it's IMO the best weapon in this map).

There's two Minis and ammo for in in every room, so if you don't have Sniper or Shock (there's something fancy about Shock too, I hope players can some interesting strategies about it), use it to scrap damage everywhere!

There's some lighting artifacts I haven't managed to fix yet

Download here: https://ut.rushbase.net/luauDesign

Have fun!

Yay, this map is on Hubs already! Have fun playing ppl!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LuAu.LwOw; 04-26-2015, 06:36 PM.
    DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Designer at Candango Games. Check my Gamasutra Blog.

Sorry to be the one to have to break the news to you... This map is terrible for duel... Also terrible in general.

Let me elaborate on this a tad bit... I played this map on the USWEST hub last night with violater87, and at first it seemed so bad I thought it was a troll map, and not a serious attempt... but after finding this thread I see it is actually a serious attempt at a map. My best advice I can give you on this map, delete it, and start from scratch. Return to drawing board, and maybe watch CaptainMigraine's live stream, or join him on teamspeak for some mapping advice.

I can not put into words just how bad this map is. Sorry
    Last edited by Dr.ToxicVenom; 04-26-2015, 06:45 PM.
    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
    MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
    Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.ToxicVenom View Post
      Sorry to be the one to have to break the news to you... This map is terrible for duel... Also terrible in general.

Let me elaborate on this a tad bit... I played this map on the USWEST hub last night with violater87, and at first it seemed so bad I thought it was a troll map, and not a serious attempt... but after finding this thread I see it is actually a serious attempt at a map. My best advice I can give you on this map, delete it, and start from scratch. Return to drawing board, and maybe watch CaptainMigraine's live stream, or join him on teamspeak for some mapping advice.

I can not put into words just how bad this map is. Sorry
      Sorry to hear that

This is not a troll map not a very serious map either. More like a crazy experiment. It seems it didn't work very well then I'll see if I reduce the size of the central sphere room and redesign the others. The map will be a lot smaller that way and you won't have to take the jump pads all the time to move around.

Thanks for the feedback!
      DM-1on1-Deck8 | DM-1on1-BirdCage | DM-Complexo (GoldenEye Redesign) | DM-ShootThemMalcomsGood | DM-1on1-Toxicity

Comment

Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
        Sorry to hear that

This is not a troll map not a very serious map either. More like a crazy experiment. It seems it didn't work very well then I'll see if I reduce the size of the central sphere room and redesign the others. The map will be a lot smaller that way and you won't have to take the jump pads all the time to move around.

Thanks for the feedback!
        I'm pretty sure size changes aren't going to save this map. I would restart from the drawing board. Better yet, come on teamspeak @ galaxygaming.ts.nfoservers.com, and I'll join a server with you and explain everything wrong with the map, I'll also be happy to show you some things you've got wrong with DM-Birdcage, though I feel like birdcage may be able to be salvaged, but I don't think there is any hope for this map.
        Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Dr.ToxicVenom: "How bout we duel, and let our skill decide who's right and who's wrong? I'm in Unreal Carnage [Dallas] Right now. Come join."
        MonsOlympus: "How about you work your way up the ranks first then we'll talk LAN, until then. Have fun trying to find people to play against you and your crappy attitude, good night!"
        Dr.ToxicVenom: "DAAAAAAMN! That dodge was almost as good as my multi-dodge. Nice!"

Comment

Good start

I would suggest a few things.
          • Jump pads don't really take you anywhere, make the landing spots fall on solid ground. (not everyone can wall dodge)
          • Map needs more BSP walk ways to get around
          • Health vials running down the slope structure are to difficult to get + you lose health when you hit the ground anyway because its to high.
          • Maybe turn the sphere into something that will damage you when touch it. That way it will give a reason for it being there. But make sure it's not something that one can touch to easily. It fells like it should be hot like the sun! Maybe DM-Sphere

Hope it help! And keep on mapping
          Win 10
          iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
          3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
          32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
          DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
          2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.ToxicVenom View Post
            I'm pretty sure size changes aren't going to save this map. I would restart from the drawing board. Better yet, come on teamspeak @ galaxygaming.ts.nfoservers.com, and I'll join a server with you and explain everything wrong with the map, I'll also be happy to show you some things you've got wrong with DM-Birdcage, though I feel like birdcage may be able to be salvaged, but I don't think there is any hope for this map.
            Alright. Do you wanna do it now? My TS is updating. I'll join.

EDIT: it just crashes while trying to update :/

Anyway, I'm on the hub if you wanna see and talk about the maps. Rather just focus on Birdcage tho.
            Last edited by LuAu.LwOw; 04-26-2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by luauDesign View Post
              Alright. Do you wanna do it now? My TS is updating. I'll join.

EDIT: it just crashes while trying to update :/

Anyway, I'm on the hub if you wanna see and talk about the maps. Rather just focus on Birdcage tho.
              Join whenever man, I'm always in teamspeak. galaxygaming.ts.nfoservers.com
              Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Comment

Hi luauDesign, I took a look at the pics and I have to say that it looks very creative. Dr.ToxicVenom can be summed up in pretty much 1 word (you can probably guess which word it is). But don't let that stop you from making more maps. I like your creativity and if you can bring that creativity to future projects, that would be awesome. Keep trying.
                Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

I haven't played this map yet but it looks like fun. One question though: the yellow sphere in the middle, can you walk on top of it or is it there for looks? If not, make it so you can walk on top of it and then make the sphere spin/rotate.

Looking forward to playing this, keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by crazeOne View Post
                    I haven't played this map yet but it looks like fun. One question though: the yellow sphere in the middle, can you walk on top of it or is it there for looks? If not, make it so you can walk on top of it and then make the sphere spin/rotate.

Looking forward to playing this, keep going.
                    I't a bit too over-sized, rooms are too clear/empty and there's too much line of sight perhaps. But yes, the sphere is walkable, there's a teleport under it that leads straight up. You gotta use it to grab the Belt and you can also see anywhere in the map from there, which's kinda bad too.

Comment

Working...
                    X