DM-Talus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Talus

Here is a new map y'all! (Still very grey box but playable!)

DM-Talus is a small map with plenty of vertical movement, even more so with the jump boots! Just watch your step!

Let me know what you guys think PAK file is here http://www.mozidesign.com/Levels/wor...wsNoEditor.pak

Last edited by mozidesigner; 04-27-2015, 02:47 AM.
    Twitter- @mozidesigner

Looks good. Digging the DM-Peak vibe

Might try it out a bit later to see how it plays.

Comment

This is a pretty cool map and you definitely want to grab the jump boots here . Some things I noticed based on a couple of games with and without bots...

In some places if you fall off the main playing area, the geometry isn't sloped enough to make you slide off completely. It's possible to save yourself by rocket jumping or if you have the boots, though.

You can fall down here and walk under the level.

Maybe have an item here?

Overall I like it!
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks I will see what I can do! Did you find the redeemer?
        Last edited by mozidesigner; 04-28-2015, 01:18 PM.
        Twitter- @mozidesigner

Comment

Looks like a promising start!

Comment

Looks like a promising start, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by mozidesigner View Post
              Thanks I will see what I can do! Did you find the redeemer?
              I did! Never saw the bots going for it though, but that could be just me. No idea what skill I had them set to.

Comment

Originally posted by [Epic]Chris.Kay View Post
                Looks like a promising start, keep it up!
                Thanks! I will keep working on it with more community feedback

About the bots, I was wondering if UE4/UT has jump nodes like UE3 does to force script the bots with the nav mesh to use trick jump spots?
                Twitter- @mozidesigner

Comment

Looks cool!
                  Will give it a try when I get time!
                  Unreal Old Friends
                  My previous Unreal work

Comment

Originally posted by mozidesigner View Post
                    Thanks! I will keep working on it with more community feedback

About the bots, I was wondering if UE4/UT has jump nodes like UE3 does to force script the bots with the nav mesh to use trick jump spots?
                    Don't think so, it does have a UTLiftExit you can use for lift jumps though. Bots don't use them very well right now but hopefully that'll change... Or maybe the bots just need to be higher level, never tried testing with anything besides the default (level 3 out of 10 IIRC).

Comment

Did a quick play-through. Definitely going to be a fun map so I hope you take it all of the way to completion. I'm hoping to have time to go through it in more detail soon. The new content they are working on for CTF-Outside will probably work perfect for this.
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thanks! I will keep that in mind when the assets for CTF-Outside go live!
                        Twitter- @mozidesigner

Comment

I don't know why, but I would rather see egyptian-style architecture on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by toninus View Post
                            I don't know why, but I would rather see egyptian-style architecture on this one...
                            or aztec as its high in the mountains
                            Ciaran "Venguard" O Kelly
                            Maps U2K4 : AS-Protocore ///AS-Krystalis Station ------ Maps TF2 : CTF-Daylight /// CP-2Shack
                            Maps UT4 : DM-FractalCore /// DM-Q3DM17

Comment

The overall flow is very good, never once found myself without exits or ways out, or without a new destination. Lots of goodies, lots of ways to get a height advantage, a lot of ways to move throughout the map and cut off opponents. I like it.

The health pack on the wood near the Stinger feels like it's a much bigger risk than a 25 health reward; it's very very easy to knock someone off of that, the stinger's location means you have the means to do so, and that's a very high traffic area. Adding in another health pack or a few vials might make it more desirable. Compared to the ledge health pack below the amp, it's much riskier due to the amount of fighting that goes on in each space.

I'd like to see the lower flak hallways closed down just a tiny bit more. There aren't too many enclosed areas on the map, and while flak is good in that space, I think it would shine with a bit less wiggle room.

The amp's placement is fantastic, and the bots even go for it. It is a bit unintuitive that you need jump boots for it though, it took me a while to realize that, spent about five minutes searching for the jump pad to get there; I figured there must be one if there is a return pad.

Overall the jump pads feel very responsive and good, no complaints there. I'm a bit of a lift jump evangelist though, and this map definitely has enough Z axis that you could probably do some interesting things by replacing one or two of them with lifts.

The rocket pickup area by the stone outcrop is pretty secluded right now; this map is pretty hectic in both a three-way and four-way FFA (the two matches I played) and it definitely wasn't worth heading out of the fight to grab that weapon, especially with another rocket spawn on the map. Adding something else over there, either vials, jump boots, or health, would make it more worthwhile imo.

I'd definitely like to see another set of boots added somewhere on the map. They really open it up for flanking, sniping, and are just generally quite fun to use. As is, I pretty much felt like I had to save them for the deemer or amp, but adding a second set for general maneuvering would double the fun.

I played with standard skill level (3) bots, and they seem quite competent and put up a good fight.

I'm very impressed so far, look forward to seeing what you come up with in the coming months.

Oh, and I assume you're the same Mozi who made DM-Painkiller in UT2? If so, I'm glad to see you're still doing level design, had a ton of fun on that years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X