Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-UT4TOURNEY2: The Proving Grounds (Q3A Remake)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-UT4TOURNEY2: The Proving Grounds (Q3A Remake)

Remake of the classic Q3A map "Q3TOURNEY2: The Proving Grounds". Sadly without Hunter

I am taking some liberties in adding a few things to the vanilla layout. Currently working on a trap like we had in UT99 DM-Pressure for the UDamage in the pillar room. UDamage is only reachable with amplified jump (Impact, Rocket, Flak).

Download v0.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzw...ew?usp=sharing

v0.2:
    - Prettified the teleporter bridge part
    - Changed Jumppad to lift to unstuck bots
    - UDamage can now be reached with liftjump
    - Replaced teleporters with UT's generic teleporters

v0.1:
    - Basic level BSP added
    - Basic lighting added

To-Do:
    - New Meshes for Jumppads
    - Better particle effect for teleporters
    - Meshing of whole map
    - Textures
    - Trap function for UDamage

Known Bugs:
    - Bot sometimes gets stuck in a corner near the the lift

Screenshots of various builds:
    Attached Files
    Original (Gore-Gothic-Cathedral)
    46.67%
    Sci-Fi (Liandri warp test facility)
    46.67%
    Other (Please specify in thread)
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by waffl3head; 05-10-2015, 06:38 AM. Reason: Minor Changes to v0.2
    Maps: [UT4] DM-1on1-Electro HurtDM-UT4TOURNEY | [UT3] DM-1on1-Phosphor | [UT2k3] BR-Egypt (RIP) | [UT] DM-1on1-Phosphor

Super! More Quake! It was really good map from Quake3.

Comment

Thanks, mate. Got inspired to do this as a little speedmapping thingy; took me 1.6 hours :>
      Maps: [UT4] DM-1on1-Electro HurtDM-UT4TOURNEY | [UT3] DM-1on1-Phosphor | [UT2k3] BR-Egypt (RIP) | [UT] DM-1on1-Phosphor

Comment

Cool I like this map.
        DM-Campground_Intel QuakeLive | DM-Placebo_effect Quake 4
        Feel free to email me :
        axel[.]acquarone[@]gmail.com

Comment

Cheers! Here's a little "making of" video. A little over an hour compressed into 26 minutes :-)

Comment

Impressive! Really great job!
            Win 10
            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
              Impressive! Really great job!
              Thanks!

Made some minor changes for v0.2 (cooking right now):
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys, just a quick update:
                I was planning to do some concept art for this map before doing any meshes now but would like to see what kind of theme you guys think would suit this map best. I added a poll which will stay open for the next 10 days. Please vote for your favorite idea.
                After I get back from getting married and whatnot I'll continue working on the assets and art.
                Looking forward to seeing the results :-)

Comment

very nicely done!

concerning the vote: "What theme would you like to see in this remake?"
                  [x] other, style it like DM-Lea!

Originally posted by waffl3head View Post
                  (...)After I get back from getting married and whatnot I'll continue working on the assets and art.
                  Looking forward to seeing the results :-)
                  congratulations! may all of your dreams come true, and may your new life together be filled with health, happiness, and prosperity.
                  Last edited by dWLkR; 05-13-2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dWLkR View Post
                    congratulations! may all of your dreams come true, and may your new life together be filled with health, happiness, and prosperity.
                    Thanks mate. Had a wonderful weekend and a wedding without accidents.

People! Only 4 more days to vote! Right now it's a tie between sci-fi and original. Vote to get _your_ map made! :-)

Comment

Since the poll ended in a draw I tossed a coin. Sci-Fi won.

Comment

Originally posted by waffl3head View Post
                        Since the poll ended in a draw I tossed a coin. Sci-Fi won.
                        You flipped a coin to determine science vs religion?

So, churches used to embed stories in their art and architecture since books really weren't prevalent way back. Maybe a gothic cathedral that tells the story of sci-if?

Ok, imagination running wild...gonna go chase it...
                        http://earthborninteractive.com
                        DM-Athenaeum

Comment

Working...
                        X