DM-Grinder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Grinder

So the other day I was thinking that I really wanted to play DM-Grinder in UT4, and then I remembered that I know how to use Unrealed, so I did it. UT4 seems to be at its best in tight, dense maps, and Grinder fit the bill perfectly.

I don't plan on fully developing this map or finishing it, which is why I'm not using the prototype tag for the thread. I did, however, figure that if anyone else remembered the map fondly, I'd upload it here for them. I'm also uploading the .umap in case anyone else wants to develop the map further, this should be a good starting point. I didn't apply any materials, but I did do a pretty thorough first pass on the lighting, and the geometry is scaled pretty much spot on. All the pickups are in place of course, since I wanted to actually play the map.

It might seem like some of the areas are underscaled and cramped, but go back and play the original; it's just really narrow in a few places.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

If you want to download and play the map, you want this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuix9pedsk...r_PAK.zip?dl=0

If you want to download and edit the map, go here instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9pgm1owmg..._UMAP.zip?dl=0
    Attached Files

Awesome! I used to love this map!
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Plays all right... Brings back some memories that's for sure!

But you really should at least slap on some basic textures to help differentiate things.

Comment

The .umap is linked up top, feel free to do so. ;]

If you don't feel like doing it, I might come back to this one at a later date and add in some materials. I've moved on and am already juggling three other levels at the moment though, so it will probably be a while. I did try to make the lighting interesting enough that there would be variation on the surfaces without needing materials, which at least makes it playable.

Comment

Working...
        X