CTF-Command

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Command

This is a shell of CTF-Command, supplied under the same stipulations as Grinder; I just wanted to be able to play this map in UT4, and I'm leaving it here in case anybody else does as well. It's built, scaled, lit, and has pickups, and works with UT4's side switching system, including the coloured base lighting. I'm not staking a claim on this map, if you want to develop Command fully, feel absolutely free to use the .umap I've uploaded as a base to get started.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Download link to the .pak if you want to play :https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzoyq8remz...d_PAK.zip?dl=0
    Download link to the .umap if you want to edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/do6p2yyi48..._UMAP.zip?dl=0
    Attached Files

Nice work! I'm sure a lot of iCTF'ers will be happy to see this. Thanks for your efforts!
    Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
    Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
    Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

can we bump this map?
      this was i think one of the best ctf maps in UT99 ever: fast paced and always action.

very usefull for ut4 as well!
      i hope u continue we will absolutely use this map!
      Visit our website unreal-battles.net
      Join the
      European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

I would be willing to texture this and give it a more finished release. Probably won't do too much with the mesh work though, this map has a lot of really distinct features to it that would mean months of making custom meshes.

Comment

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
          I would be willing to texture this and give it a more finished release. Probably won't do too much with the mesh work though, this map has a lot of really distinct features to it that would mean months of making custom meshes.
          Just means creative use of the current meshes.

Comment

Yeah, but I get what he's saying. If you have an idea of what you want it to look like, and it doesn't align with the meshes in the game now, then you'd need to make them yourself (or wait until new ones are released).

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post
              Yeah, but I get what he's saying. If you have an idea of what you want it to look like, and it doesn't align with the meshes in the game now, then you'd need to make them yourself (or wait until new ones are released).
              oh yes I fully understand that. That went through my mind before posting. But its a UT99 map, it doesn't have anything that can't be done with BSP.

Comment

Well, there's also the fact that even using current meshes, getting CTF-Command meshed up and looking acceptable by my standards would probably mean 50+ hours of work, perhaps significantly more. Like I said in the first post of the thread; I made this for my own enjoyment so I could play this with bots if I wanted to. I like Command quite a lot, it's one of the better stock UT CTF maps IMO, but for now, I'm focusing on making my own levels. If anyone wants to do the meshing though, I did provide a link to the .umap file in the OP, so feel free to jump in where I left off.

Comment

Working...
                X