[WIP] CTF-CrabSite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] [WIP] CTF-CrabSite

I thought that symmetrical CTF maps weren't getting enough official love from the Epic level design team and it really bummed me out.

In bitter desperation, I set out to work on a new map. One that crudely stitched together Epics existing content into a sort of grotesque Frankenstein-like map. Thus, CTF-CrabSite was born:

UPDATE: NEWLY RENOVATED! SYMMETRICAL! LOCATED IN UP-AND-COMING, PICTURESQUE CRAB CANYON!

DOWNLOAD NOW (Updated: 5/21/2015)

Updates in WIPv02:
    -Fixed a very small oversight that caused the blue flag to get returned automatically about 60 times per second.
    -Rebuilt navigation

Enjoy.

Coming soon... CTF-CrashFist
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cafe; 05-21-2015, 03:43 AM.

Now we just need the other half... CTF-CrashFist

Comment

Heh.. I'd give you some credit if you actually put some effort into it and it wasn't just a silly jab. Crude sounds about right

Comment

Honestly it might have looked a bit nicer had every brush in the middle not been a rotated cylindrical brush. It made them very difficult to manipulate. I'll give it another shot when I come back from my brothers wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
          Heh.. I'd give you some credit if you actually put some effort into it and it wasn't just a silly jab. Crude sounds about right
          CTF-CrudeSite lol

Mid a tad shorter, some more cover, a cave system in the middle. Could be fun

Comment

Needs high sniper towers on each end, then you could call it CTF-FacingCrabs

Comment

Map does not open on console with me

Comment

It's hidden for some reason, just type the name in and it will work. Have faith. Godspeed Chris UT4.

Comment

Not a bad idea at all, would really play better if the midpart was tweaked slightly to add some sort of cave/underground complexity and possibly add some barricade of some sort in the very middle of the map and possibly slightly edit the bases so there's a platform stretched to follow looking from the flag, to the right, a platform following that giant wall so there's more space for sniper 1on1 battles.
                  Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 05-21-2015, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                    Updated 4 u bb.

Comment

I've played with crabs in worse places 4.5/5 stars.
                      Come join us for pickup games http://ut4pugs.us

Comment

o:

:|

Comment

Lol (10 crabs)

Comment

Sorry Sid but I think the symmetrical version will actually be more fun to play. :P The spaceship base in CrashSite usually have one more interesting flagrunning route than others and the fights there doesn't really end up that interesting and the capping happens with too little effort but this CrabSite should offer plenty of fun shock combo choke fights at the middle especially and will offer a lot to sniper whores (yes I'm looking at you cafe).

Capping should be hard and chokeful, not matter of a speedrun where players are already struggling keeping up but that's a common problem in UT4 so far due to the trend of smaller CTF maps (measured by amount secs need of a run between the flag bases).
                            Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 05-21-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

This map needs more crabs.

Comment

Working...
                              X