(WIP) DM-LUCI remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(WIP) DM-LUCI remake

Well title says all revision/remake of DM-Elucidation aka DM-Luci by Axeman and BIOS. It's more of a revision than a remake and I hope I get it right for this UT.
    It's still really dirty and the first pass, but I think it plays well for that.
    Completely open to any suggestions/feedback. Also weapons and health are added really quick and lack thought tbh.

EDIT big update:
    -better lighting so raxxy can see and fix'd hole in geometry so raxxy won't fall off the map anymore!
    -quite some changes to geometry
    -crazy paint job

DL link: https://ut.rushbase.net/Tetsu/DM-Luc...wsNoEditor.pak

A runthrough:

To do list: -proper lighting and background.
    -weapons ammo and health
    -more fleshed out geometry
    -different slopes because rawlph has a phobia of big slopes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tetsu; 07-08-2015, 11:11 AM.

gonna bump this one ive seen a video of tetsu running around on it and it feels like it has some nice potential.
    to repeat what ive told him on irc:

love the verticality and the geometry of the map
    not a fan of some steep slopes, and maybe it could use some visual clues and contrast.. even if it's just a shell right now!

Comment

The slopes should be dodgeable, but right now slope dodges are...well ****ed. I tried to hack around that with jump pads, which works surprisingly well imo.
      Gonna take a look into readability next, ya.

Comment

Hi Tetsu,

I don't know the original map. It is a UT map or from another game ?
        Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth R1, DM-Aly R1, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

The layout looks kinda cool.

and damnnnnnn that jump pad is hella big!

Comment

It's a 2k4 map pretty popular in tam. Also everything is up for change btw. Not sure at all about scaling it partly seems big but then again playing it doesn't. Not sure at all.
            Last edited by Tetsu; 06-02-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Just played this map with 6 people and I must say it plays really well..

Comment

Working...
              X