[PROTOTYPE] (WIP) CTF-SpiderCrossings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] (WIP) CTF-SpiderCrossings

This is my shot at redoing a famous and often ported Quake CTF map. I'm done with the general shell but nothing too fancy yet. Had a lot of problems and it's really dirty but I'm still learning :3
    I know supergrid is more minecraft than serious editing but my maps flow better than yours, deal with it!
    Mid is still somewhat empty but flows decently I guess.
    As always open to any kind of feedback and/or suggestions (EXCEPT THE LIGHTING)

Updated version V7: some basic texturing/materials
    DL link : https://ut.rushbase.net/Tetsu/CTF-Sp...wsNoEditor.pak

to do list: fleshed out mid, better items, better lighting,

There are a lot of options for flag carriers to get out of the base but the middle is very open so it gets very important to have a strong grip on midfield on this map.

Last edited by Tetsu; 08-01-2015, 12:54 AM.

Hi, I found your map heavy modified compared to the original CTF-SpiderCrossings, is it intented?

It's a good start but let me show you my remake of CTF-SpiderCrossings

(if you have planned an high level of gameplay and visual polishing, tell me and I'll stop my version)
    CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
    Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Heavy modified is intended. I didn't really plan to copy/paste a map, thats just silly. I try to make maps that fit to the projects values/mechanics.
      I didn't know someone took that map on already, but none would be a "safe" bet at this point I guess.
      I'm not sure about anything and I would gladly also put some prefix in the name or whatever if that's your problem.
      Also I don't see a link if you intended to post one.
      Btw I really liked Blaster, cheers.
      Last edited by Tetsu; 06-07-2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Video looks awesome! I am looking forward to save myself some time to play. I am actually surprised that you don't have tons of replies in here.

Comment

Thanks, dude. We just had a pug on the map and it runs pretty well so far, Will keep it updated.

Comment

Spider is my favourite ctf map in quake, liking the look of this - especially the movement options.

Comment

Wow this looks really awesome! I like the movement options and general feel of the map. Also the transparent shootable catwalk is super cool Keep going!

Comment

You should rebuild it for 4.8. Was pretty fun to play.

Comment

Sorry haven't touched it in a while too busy with that assault map that keeps breaking my neck :3
                  The LG BP seems to not work anymore for 4.9, need to look into that too. I'll keep it updated.
                  Last edited by Tetsu; 08-11-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X