[WIP] CTF-Cynosure2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] [WIP] CTF-Cynosure2

CTF-Cynosure2 is a classic competitive UT99 CTF map originally created by Erik "mps" Nordby. I remade it for UT4. This is a super early version, I just wanted to get it out there for some feedback.

This is still a work in progress, so expect updates based on feedback I receive from the forums and playtesting.

All feedback is welcome.

DOWNLOAD Updated:2/3/2016

New in v05:
    -Now much larger file size
    -readded lightboxes/god rays because, whatever.
    -Scaled basement windows to account for larger playersize in the most recent build

New in v04:
    -Hid some of the lightboxes to reduce render complexity
    -Fixed health packs in blue base and middle (they got doubled up due to me hitting pasted too many times.)
    -Updated ripper

New in v02:
    -Fixed some graphical errors
    -Added new graphical errors
    -Fixed bot navigation (for real this time)
    -Replaced rocket room staircase with a procedurally generated one (Impromptu procedural stairs)
    -Messed around with the light meshes in the red base

New in v01:
    -Major Graphical and gameplay updates
    -First pass at lighting
    -Updated level screenshot
    -Added bot navigation

WHAT UP NOW SWEDES, WOOOOO!
    Last edited by cafe; 02-03-2016, 07:19 PM.

looks nice and clean 8) cant wait to pug on it.

Comment

Lookin good

Comment

I already like your material choices better than Azcanize. :]

Comment

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
          I already like your material choices better than Azcanize. :]

lol, so far I've reused a lot of it

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigstock_Embarrassed_Emoticon_845629.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	470.8 KB
ID:	338640

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post
            lol, so far I've reused a lot of it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17701[/ATTACH]
            I recognize some of them; that wood looks nice though. Part of it is the material/light interaction too, this map isn't as dark which in particular helps the floor material.

Comment

looking sweet tbh, gonna run it a little later.

Comment

hell yeah cafe!

Comment

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
                  I recognize some of them; that wood looks nice though. Part of it is the material/light interaction too, this map isn't as dark which in particular helps the floor material.
                  I almost thought it was a bit sarcastic honestly, was hard to tell due to it being very similar to Azcanize. It's also hard to tell if people are being sarcastic on forums, so I usually assume the worst. I appreciate your compliments though :]

Comment

eyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

So, we played a pug tonight on Cynosure and it didn't go very well. The problem was that I had changed the custom flags that I have been using, but didn't rename them. This caused some people to not be able to see any flags at all due to the game not knowing which one it needed to load.

This problem can be solved by deleting the old .pak for both the current release and azcanize (since both use a different version of the flags, but are named the same). In future releases I will rename the flags to avoid this problem. Sorry

Comment

No worries brah, on a side note I think it flows pretty gud.

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post
                          So, we played a pug tonight on Cynosure and it didn't go very well. The problem was that I had changed the custom flags that I have been using, but didn't rename them. This caused some people to not be able to see any flags at all due to the game not knowing which one it needed to load.

This problem can be solved by deleting the old .pak for both the current release and azcanize (since both use a different version of the flags, but are named the same). In future releases I will rename the flags to avoid this problem. Sorry

Try not to beat yourself up about it as that seemed to be the only hiccup in that pug other than the fact that some players literally could not figure out how to delete ".paks" or the whole folder for that matter. My first impressions of Cynosure on UT4 are very positive. Cafe has done a superb job on transitioning this map from UT99 to adapt to the elements that UT4 brings to the table. The scaling I feel is on target and therefore creates a great flow. I cannot wait to play another pug on this map and provide more feedback, but up to this point the work executed on this map is great.

Comment

Updated OP with new PAK.

Comment

Ill have to throw this on server tonight and check it out. How well do you think this will play instagib?
                              PayBack
                              Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                              Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                              UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                              UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Working...
                              X