Map Scaler [Blueprint][Editor]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
    Hi, I used mapscaler in my CTF-Greencause and had an error that doesn't seems fixed in 1.4:
    -if you convert a rescaled brushe/volume into an another volume, the converted volume take back its initial scale and ignore what mapscaler did.
    Could you create a very basic example map with such setup? Thanks for reporting. If I really see what the problem is, I will fix it.
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 04-09-2016, 12:40 PM. Reason: Typo.
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
      Could you create a very basic example map with such setup? Thanks for reporting. If I really see what the problem is, he will fix it.
      Very easy to replicate: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...vert-error.avi
      (the 1.4 make this prob even worse, now the initial scale and location are corrupted)
      DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
      Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
        Very easy to replicate: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...vert-error.avi
        (the 1.4 make this prob even worse, now the initial scale and location are corrupted)
        Hmm. Looks like a engine problem/issue/bug. Scale isn't applied for that converted actor. There's nothing I can do to fix that. However, I could check for such cases and fix the wrong scale for it. This would need the MapScaler after the conversion of any actor. Gonna see if I can make it work. But keep in mind, such BSP changes shouldn't be done on a scaled level. The workflow works best if you work in original scale and apply the desired scale before publishing the level without any such changes.
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

[MENTION=173751]BloodK1nG[/MENTION]
          I've added a working fix which is included in the MapScaler script (of the upcoming release). Once an actor gets converted and the MapScaler is changed (change of any property), it will notice such scaled actor and reverts the scale. Speaking of such, as this problem isn't specifically a problem of the MapScaler itself, you can fix such problem on your own if you copy the scale of the brush you're about to convert, convert it and then re-apply the scale from your clipboard to the Scale field of the details tab of that new converted actor. This is basically the same what the MapScaler is doing. As Blueprint is limited to do task automated, there's no way around the need of changing a property to trigger the construction script of the MapScaler. I could use Tick but it would required the viewport being in "Game mode" which isn't always the case and would only work half the cases therefore.

I might have to update the native plugin as well, therefore I wait before I release a new version.

Comment

This just needs to be built into the editor at this point. Epic, please incorporate this and send check to Rattle...
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hey, I'm finding a little problem with the 1.4 plugin: I used to save the scaled-down version of my maps with the MapScaler actor in the middle of them and, every time I opened a map in the level editor, I was able to click 'Undo' to reset the map to the original scale to keep working on it. While I can still do that in 1.4, it won't undo the lighting radius changes because the plugin isn't loading. To make the plugin load, I have to place a second MapScaler actor in the map, and then click back on the first MapScaler actor and Undo. As soon as I remove the second MapScaler, the first MapScaler actor won't do/undo any lighting changes... Is this supposed to happen? Is there any ini tweak or something I can do to make the MapScaler plugin load every time I open the level editor?

Having said that... Fantastic work on this! It's truly a dream tool for any mapper...
              DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
              My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
              My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
                [...] Is this supposed to happen?
                It's not.

Is there any ini tweak or something I can do to make the MapScaler plugin load every time I open the level editor?
                It actually should do so. The mechnasimn is actually very complex therefore it might get bugged somehow. Can you describe the steps to reproduce such issue?

As a workaround, cutting (CTRL-X) and pasting the same MapScaler actor (CTRL-V) could work. Not sure if the undo data is fully kept in such cases. I also have debug commands which would allow re-enabling the native support with a console command (in the editor console) but these are removed in the release version. I may keep them for the release and print help messages in the MapScaler Blueprint details.

I also wanted to say, running PIE could solve the issue, but I may saw a bug in the source code. It would enable native support on running PIE and disable it on closing the PIE session. I would need to check that.

Having said that... Fantastic work on this! It's truly a dream tool for any mapper...
                Thanks. I hope it is . Took some time to develop, extend and optimize it (*cough* due to Blueprint *cough* ).

Comment

Can you describe the steps to reproduce such issue?
                  I've just spotted it. The plugin stops working as soon as you save your map. Place the MapScaler, set the changes you want to do, scale (the plugin works) and save. If you undo after that, light properties won't be reverted. If you undo without saving, it works like a charm no matter how many times...
                  DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                  My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                  My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

The plugin stops working as soon as you save your map.
                    Hmm. That easy? I'm already doing so to disable the plugin support and re-enable when saving a map. Gonna debug some code and see what's bugging.

Comment

thanks for this tool ive used it quite alot lately even recomended it to generic shooter users who wanted to scale their entire maps, saved me alot of time thanks again
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

I've just spotted it. The plugin stops working as soon as you save your map. Place the MapScaler, set the changes you want to do, scale (the plugin works) and save. If you undo after that, light properties won't be reverted. If you undo without saving, it works like a charm no matter how many times...
                        Fixed that. I recently fixed another issue related to that and it was interfering with the loading/saving mechanism to enable the native support on a MapScaler. The upcoming version should have that fix fully included. I'm waiting for the next build tho (should be within the next week).

Originally posted by WarpSpasm View Post
                        thanks for this tool ive used it quite alot lately even recomended it to generic shooter users who wanted to scale their entire maps, saved me alot of time thanks again
                        Thanks. Recommended for UE4 projects? Not sure if it would work or even load. In general, it should work but the Blueprint is created with the UT editor and has some UT classes referenced.

Comment

yeah i had to remove the UT specific references and recreate the xyz enum, with that done it does work as long as you are not using a earlier engine version
                          Last edited by WarpSpasm; 04-29-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Nice.

Originally posted by WarpSpasm View Post
                            yeah i had to remove the UT specific references and recreate the xyz enum, with that done it does work as long as you are not using a earlier engine version
                            Could you say which enum is still referenced? I am mostly using engine or engine plugin native enum nowadays. Enum_AxisSelect was the one I had used but I switched to ESplineMeshAxis with 1.4. Am I still using the old one or a different one?

Comment

Nice.

Could you say which enum is still referenced? I am mostly using engine or engine plugin native enum nowadays. Enum_AxisSelect was the one I had used but I switched to ESplineMeshAxis with 1.4. Am I still using the old one or a different one?
                              it is still referencing axis select

Comment

Ah ****. The level bounding calculation. It was the first code I've added to 1.4 and it kept the BP enum. Hard to find without a proper search (search, reference viewer etc. isn't just perfect for this).

Comment

Working...
                                X