Map Scaler [Blueprint][Editor]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=7664]G.Lecter[/MENTION]
    Camera Bookmarks is possible. However, it requires native support. I am not able to read Static Array from Blueprint (I haven't tested it, but compiles exposed StaticArrays isn't working).

Seems like either v1.4 and/or my current dev version is buggy. By scaling the level more than once (sequentially), the reverting process doesn't properly restore some props (noticed it with the new ReflectionCapture influence Radius); using undo mutliple times instead works just fine. Additionally to that by using UNDO, some data might still be stored after every step is undone (noticed SkyLights data and ReflectionCapture data). Must be a copy and paste problem as copy-paste is not that simple to do in Blueprint (e.g. you still need to connect nodes to external nodes/pins you didn't copy).
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally understood why MapScaler was doing a big mess in maps Your tool dont like when I attach mesh between them... but I need to attach them
      DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
      Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
        Hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally understood why MapScaler was doing a big mess in maps Your tool dont like when I attach mesh between them... but I need to attach them
        You mean having meshes attached to something? It is a known problem nowdays which I didn't know for a long time (and haven't done anything regarding that). Therefore, the desired scale is applied twice, one time via the MapScaler directly and the 2nd time natively by the engine when the parent actor is scaled.

The problem has been fixed in my current MapScaler code but I lost track of UT, and the interest in UT (and sadly even the faith in it). Therefore I haven't got the time/mood to finish the next version of the MapScaler (when it was requested). I still don't know when or if...
        Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 09-15-2016, 10:01 AM.
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Quick heads-up.

1.5 will come. ETA 2 weeks (more or less; I'm not that good at judging how long it takes working on the massive Single-Blueprint and testing each single case several times). I still have about 15 minor or major features/issues/changes for the upcoming version where it already has 21 changes (changelog). I do already have most of things fixed what has been reported here. The upcoming version will have several features added which allows a quite perfect scaled map (depending what options you've selected and I'm aware what has to be scaled). Same as v1.4, the upcoming version will heavily (even more) rely on the C++ plugin. It is required to get access to some properties/code Blueprint doesn't have access to. And it even optmizes the process (for instance the Runaway loop prevention), There's no other way 'round that, sadly.
          (Just an example, scaling DM-Outpost23 will crash the Blueprint VM and abort the scaling process. This is originated in how Blueprint code is processed and prevented to run forever for a single call. Due to the way the MapScaler can be setup and is designed, it will process a ton of nodes the more Actors are in a map. I generally try to work around these issues automatically (using C++, Blueprint hacks, config changes explained in readme, etc.) but there is no proper way to catch such issues (although I plan to do so in pure BP)).

In mean time, in case anyone has to offer advice or reports of issues or things which have to be scaled as well, please, feel free to post it. Also, in case anyone has taken a look on the actual Blueprint code of the MapScaler, feel free to correct me and my code in case you see a problem (and report back). Some things were initially done and I already regret having done it that way (e.g. Macros, Collapsed Nodes, global temp vars, etc.) but for some things there is a specific reason (e.g. multiple vars for structs, sequential Find instead of ForLoop, etc.).

PS: Since the native plugin in version 1.4 is outdated for a long time (I'm not even sure if it's built with the same core engine), you guys likely didn't use it or being able to use it (unless you modified the API version of the plugin). With the following version, I will (likely) release a small tool to tweak a/the plugin to be ready for each upcoming UT build (as long as the major engine version stays the same, otherwise it is not guaranteed it will work). This way anyone can simply adjust the DLL and keep using it. instead of having to wait until a new version is released. By the release of the next version, I try to keep the interval short or even try to release the re-compiled native plugin without any changes to the MapScaler asset, no guarantee. If I manage to implement all TODOs, I don't have plans with MapScaler anymore other than a complete rewritten tool or ported one to be C++ only.

Comment

Thanks for continuing to work on this Rattle!
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hey Rattle, does this need to be updated for the 4.14 update?

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                Hey Rattle, does this need to be updated for the 4.14 update?
                Not sure, I haven't opened/tested the MapScaler asset so far (dev or the public release). I have been updating the other stuff before. In general Blueprint assets should work fine with every engine update unless Blueprint and the API heavily change (but they might convert old code to newer code automatically). The MapScaler plugin needs an update though.

Comment

Okay thanks for the info.

Comment

Seems like the engine will get some good features in the next couple of months (more like years ) which could be helpful for the MapScaler without the need of an C++ plugin.
                    https://youtu.be/6kfMVxNSowM?t1=1h14m47s

I still doubt changes to Blutility would allow me to do anything the scaling process requires (or the features of the MapScaler) as I already call pure C++ methods and not just UE-framework methods. I will see what I will be able to do in the future builds.
                    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 11-10-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cafe
                      Any chance of an update for this?
                      +1!
                      DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                      My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                      My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Any chance of an update for this?
                        I heavily work on the upcoming version 1.5. It does require a bit testing as one pending change is related to optimization/crashfix on larger maps such as every meshed map. About 6 changes I have to do for a possible release (additional 5 which I may implemenent afterwards since the last release is a long time ago).

Comment

This might have already been reported, but, in the current build, light attenuation and source radii are not scaled.
                          Light properties (and some others) do require the native plugin - for scaling and reverting (/undo). The MapScaler (as of 1.4) should inform about that in the "Data / Info" section with the "Error Properties" property (for better readability: rightclick on the label "Error properties" and choose to copy the value, paste the content into a text editor).

In the recent editor (UE4.14 IIRC), the details tab has a problem using version 1.4 of the MapScaler unless....

You'd need to undock the details tab.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DetailsTab_undocked.png
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	348669

nvm, in spite of the plugin being outdated, it still seems to work alright. I'll update this post if I notice any problems for the new build.
                          Yep. A native plugin will always be outdated once a new build (with the different "BUILT_FROM_CHANGELIST" value) comes out. I will try some different approaches to somehow solve that in the future.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting what I just noticed. (CTF) Flag bases are also scaled. I missed checking that. Generally, I add UT-gameplay objects to the ignore-for-scale array in order to have them keeping the original size. That said, I will add the base class UTCTFFlagBase to that option. Does anyone can name other classes which I might have missed?
                            • Gonna have to check UTRallyPoint and UTCTFCapturePoint, not sure where it is used. These points might require to be scaled.
                            • I also likely have to scale some runtime Actors which some LDs might use (such as dropped pickup and such).
                            • Anyone know where UTPlaceablePowerup is used? Likely I have to ignore that class for scaling
                            • UTViewPlaceholder. Maybe should ignore that one too. Just in case
                            • Has anyone noticed pathing problem when scaling (for bots/AI)?
                            Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 11-22-2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                              Has anyone noticed pathing problem when scaling (for bots/AI)?
                              In the past I had LiftExit-related errors after scaling and building paths. I think the errors disappeared after the 4.13 update, but I also added LiftExits manually to my MapScaler's ignore list... You may want to add them to the default ignore list, although I'm not sure if it makes any difference...
                              DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
                              My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
                              My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
                                In the past I had LiftExit-related errors after scaling and building paths. I think the errors disappeared after the 4.13 update, but I also added LiftExits manually to my MapScaler's ignore list... You may want to add them to the default ignore list, although I'm not sure if it makes any difference...
                                Sounds reasonable to add the LiftExit to the Scale ignore list (and equivalent). However, I don't think the errors were related to the scaling as the latest build(s) fixed some pathing problems existing on some maps.

Comment

Working...
                                X