Map Scaler [Blueprint][Editor]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor question...

The next MapScaler version (which I am currently finalizing) will have additional properties to set if scaling of a specific property should be ignored if it's the default value. For instance, the PointLight with its property "Attenuation Radius" - the MapScaler already has the "Scaling Properties"-property "Scale PointLight Component Attenuation Radius" which can be unchecked (default: checked) in order to not scale any Attenuation Radius of any Point Light. The new property which is currently named like "Ignore Default PointLight Component Attenuation Radius" can be set additionally to control whether only PointLight's AttenuationRadius property should be scaled if it differs from the default values (current engine value: 1000.0). If the new property isn't set, the MapScaler behaves normal and scales the value no matter if its default or not.

I'm not sure what value of "Ignore Default PointLight Component Attenuation Radius" should be the default value, the default behavior. Whether the out-of-the-box MapScaler should scale everything even if it's the default value, or it should ignore such defaults. I likely will keep it how it currently is, scaling every scalable property irrelevant to its value, which I think is the analogue way for scaling in order to achieve the same look and feel of a scaled map to its original.

What do you guys think? Should default values be ignored, or scaled just like all previous MapScaler did?
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

I honestly don't see the point of that at all. I think it even may make some people think that the MapScaler isn't working properly, and there are way too many checkboxes in it already. If this feature is added, it should be off by default IMO.
      DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
      My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
      My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Comment

Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
        I honestly don't see the point of that at all. I think it even may make some people think that the MapScaler isn't working properly, and there are way too many checkboxes in it already. If this feature is added, it should be off by default IMO.
        It is off by default and I don't think I'm gonna change that ever. However, I do think there might be some cases where you want to not have default values scaled even if the rest of the world is scaled. It's just another option a LD has, otherwise if something like that is required, it would be a lot of work actually ignore scaling such things (or reverting).

PS: I do plan to create an extended manual/wiki/FAQ which should also explain why or how specific properties can be used to get a desired result. Not sure when or how complex it will be (should be), but likely gonna create it on the Github project page. Any interests in contributing... anyone?
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

I need help, when I run my editor I get this message
          Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin.PNG
Views:	111
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	408843

and when I click yes I get a message saying
          " Could not be complied. Try rebuilding source manually"

I'm using version 4.19 for my Project, please help.

Comment

This plugin was made for UT4 editor for the UnrealTournament project, which was lastly updated to a 4.15 level of UE4, so you could try earlier versions of UE4 for your project. By the way, this section of the forum is about Unreal Tournament and not UE in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Narayana View Post
              This plugin was made for UT4 editor for the UnrealTournament project, which was lastly updated to a 4.15 level of UE4, so you could try earlier versions of UE4 for your project. By the way, this section of the forum is about Unreal Tournament and not UE in general.
              Oh ok. Do you know where I can get that script and the plugin from? I really need it for my map I need to scale it down a bit. It will be a hassle to scale individual objects.

Comment

Originally posted by PoisonCobra_x View Post

Oh ok. Do you know where I can get that script and the plugin from? I really need it for my map I need to scale it down a bit. It will be a hassle to scale individual objects.
                Hi PoisonCobra_x. Well, this Plugin is very outdated and old. I haven't touched it since 2016 (same as the MapScaler asset). The plugin also isn't doing that much. It supports the MapScaler asset by allowing same native-only methods to be called from the Blueprint context. The plugin is designed to enhance the MapScaler and don't not work standalone.

There are some reasons why I am not releasing the source code of the pluign (one would be the License).

If you have your own project, you can just create a working minimal plugin/code on your own with the various scripting languages (or C++). It shouldn't be that much. Take a look athe the following UE4 forum post/thread:
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...l-actors-in-it

This is what this tool is also doing... additionally to some UT specific asset/actor handling and various additional features. The main logic isn't some fancy magic - adjust the ActorScale3D value and correct the ActorLocation value accordingly by a given multiplier.

Comment

Working...
                X