• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spawn Protection Mutator [BP][Updated: 2017-07-15]

No Spawn Protection Mutator
    Removes the spawn protection

This is a simple mutator to remove the spawn protection and/or configure
    the spawn protection time per game mode.

Version: 1.0.12
    Compatibility: built on Build 3525360 (7/12/2017; v0.1.12.1) [check the list below for more]
    Type: Blueprint
    Network version: 3525360 (CL 3525109)
    Coded by RattleSN4K3
    Credits: Epic Games

Key features:
    • No Spawn Protection for all game modes (by default)
    • Override the SpawnProtection time for any gamemode (and per game mode specifically)
    • Full compatiblity to other mutators (like Instagib Mutator)
    • Fully featured administration (except remotely)
    • Configurable via INI file
    • Configurable via UI (also in-game)
    • Configurable via Parameter (server startup line)
    • No replacement of Character, PlayerController classes (or anything)
    • Works for instant action and online games

Preview: Gifv; VidMe

Config/ menu:
    Simple / Advanced

Per-Game-Mode setting

In-Game Admin menu

Download:
    NoSpawnProtectionMutator_v1.0.12.zip

Read the Readme file for more information.

Known issues:
    • Minor: Hub configuration isn't possible (UT bug)
    • Fixed: Configuration is not possible (Engine bug)
    • Fixed: Custom message is not working

Changelog:

Spoiler

Compatibility list:
    The mutator is currently only compatible to the latest release build 3525360 (7/12/2017; known as v0.1.12.1).
    Any previous release would require an older version.

Spoiler

Older versions:

Spoiler
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 07-15-2017, 08:37 AM. Reason: New version 1.0.12
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Orignally, the 2nd post in this thread was by cafe. He deleted all of his posts including this one. Therefore I am adding the original post as quote in here.
    Originally posted by cafe
    Cool

Will add to servers. I like the idea of modularity, but I think it would be nice to eventually just get a competitive mod or something that encompasses this along with other important features (hitsounds, a brighter skins implementation, mid game map vote, warm up mode, etc.)
    Ah. Thanks. Let me know if it works on your server/hub (only tested a local ded server).

With the recent comment from the devs about SpawnProtection being active, I think it won't change in the near or distant future ever. Even for a competitive community. The other features you mentioned are highly about to change, therefore personally I wouldn't want to on such fat mutator which might need re-work every single release. Brighter skins and hit feedback is very likely a thing they will work on. The solution they will come up with, might be that good that there isn't a need for any such effects.

A voting system is something I like to work on, and probably will at some time, but Joe is heavily working on several things regarding UI. So basically any work on that could be redundant, conflicting or not even fully possible due to the limited support of Blueprint (and C++ in the server context).

In general, I contribute by trying mods to see if things are possible and how to improve the framework (for mods) instead of publishing fully featured mods (mutators, gamemodes, etc.). It is still a game in development.

Also, if I work on such a competitive mod, it would be modular. And that isn't supported with the engine as of 4.9 (and prior). Hopefully 4.10 fully supports exentding (and using) cooked packages in the editor, which would allow a plugin/module system. A full blown mutator like UTComp could required various things which removes the compatibility to mods. Or other mods could break the comp. mod. But still, I have hopes in Epic .
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 01-27-2017, 02:18 PM. Reason: Adding cafe's original quote
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Playing 2v2 woot few mins ago and didnt know this mod had been added to the ut4.eu hubs until i noticed it!
      Nice work here m8 !
      ut4 @ ESL
      skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
      usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
      skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

Can this be added to a Hub and be available in the available mutators list in the custom game tab so players have a choice to add this to there custom game!? ... or am I going to have to create a custom/special Rule set to run this and then list all the maps to go with this mutator?

My main concern is I don't want the Epic Default Games be affected by add this to the Hub!

...my first read through on the readme file kind of confused me as it sounded like it would override all game types!?
        http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
        http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

This mutator should be listed as a selectable mutator in the custom game tab. You can create custom rule sets which would include this mutator tho.

By default, the mutator is setup to force a SpawnProtection time of 0.0 (alias No SpawnProtection). If this mutator is not running, no spawn protection value is changed by playing a match/game. Only if a custom game is created with the mutator being added, the mutator would run and apply the desired SpawnProtection value. This desired SpawnProtection time can vary depending on the game type which is currently running. By default, the Per-Game-Mode setting is disabled and no custom SpawnProtection time is entered. You can customize that option (Per-Game-Mode setting) by changing the config INI file (with the servers/hubs not running) or joining a game and use the mutate command to open the admin config menu.

Selecting mutator in a hub instance:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	NoSpawnProtectionMutator_Hub_SelectingMutator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	343099

Match with mutator:

Name:	NoSpawnProtectionMutator_Hub_RunningMutator.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	343100

InGame admin menu:

Name:	NoSpawnProtectionMutator_Hub_AdminMenu.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	343102

Changing per-game-mode SpawnProtection for Deathmatch:

Name:	NoSpawnProtectionMutator_Hub_PerGameMode.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	343101

After a restart:

Name:	NoSpawnProtectionMutator_Hub_Message.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	343103

I've noticed a minor bug. Custom welcome message is not saved from the admin menu and not updated. I actually wanted a final version without any update. I have to release a bugfix. Not sure when.

Comment

ok, I added your default Engin.ini setup in my Hubs Engine.ini with no changes to all the settings (Copy/Paste), placed the .pak in the Hubs \UnrealTournament\Content\Paks folder! Is this all I need to do to have it show up in the Custom games list of mutators!?

.... because if this is what your saying is correct it does not show in the Hubs Custom games Mutator list UNLESS you have the .pak file installed already in your Clients \UnrealTournament\Content\Paks folder!

So, this is basically useless for the new player or player who joins the Hub as he/she will not see this!

I had a request to put this on my Hub and It's there but its only going to for those who have downloaded this and installed to test this in an offline/create a match game!

My next question then would be if said player A who has this installed and sets up a match with this and a player B joins his game (or would he be able to?) would it be implemented on his client in the game!?

Also, why is this in the marketplace section? .... I rarely even go to these area as they do not apply to my needs atm! .... just saying!
            Last edited by Laambo; 12-10-2015, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
              ok, I added your default Engin.ini setup in my Hubs Engine.ini with no changes to all the settings (Copy/Paste), placed the .pak in the Hubs \UnrealTournament\Content\Paks folder! Is this all I need to do to have it show up in the Custom games list of mutators!?
              If you don't intend to change the default settings for the first run, you don't have to copy the default config section to your ini files. Upon saving, the config section is created automatically.

.... because if this is what your saying is correct it does not show in the Hubs Custom games Mutator list UNLESS you have the .pak file installed already in your Clients \UnrealTournament\Content\Paks folder!

So, this is basically useless for the new player or player who joins the Hub as he/she will not see this!

I had a request to put this on my Hub and It's there but its only going to for those who have downloaded this and installed to test this in an offline/create a match game!
              That's what the "Download All Content" button is for. Downloading all content from the server.

Name:	NoSpawnProtectionMutator_Hub_DownloadAll.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	343149

If you haven't already (which you should for all custom content), you need to have that package configured as redirect package in your config files. You can do so by running the specific commandlet:
              Code:
              BIN UnrealTournament -run=UTGenerateRedirects -Package=FULL_PACKAGE_NAME_WITHOUT_EXTENSION -WebAddress=FULL_URL
              As I provided the pak file on rushbase, you could run this command to add a redirect to that file (for v1.0):
              Windows Server:
              Code:
              Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-Win64-Test.exe UnrealTournament -run=UTGenerateRedirects -Package=NoSpawnProtectionMutator-WindowsNoEditor -WebAddress=https://ut.rushbase.net/RattleSN4K3/Mutators/NoSpawnProtectionMutator/v1.0/Pak/NoSpawnProtectionMutator-WindowsNoEditor.pak
              If you have a different platform, you would need to replace "Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-Win64-Test.exe" with the path to your binary file.
              That a custom package is not downloaded from servers is a general UT problem and not specifically related to any mutator. It will likely change in the future. In the meantime, it has to work like that. Also, servers running such mutator won't push that package if it is not added as redirect package. There is no download if such entry doesn't exist in the redirect packages config (sadly this is a step back from what UT3 for instance featured).

My next question then would be if said player A who has this installed and sets up a match with this and a player B joins his game (or would he be able to?) would it be implemented on his client in the game!?
              If there is a running match with the mutator active and a valid redirect, clients will download the package. Once download, the spawn protection mutator will work fine for everyone (just like any other mod).

There is a current design problem with custom games and configuring mutators. As everything a client would setup (in the configure mutator menu for each one), is done on his side and not on the server's one. No changes would make it to the server, thus the server would run a match with the mutator being added but running its default config (which is stored on the server's side).

Also, why is this in the marketplace section? .... I rarely even go to these area as they do not apply to my needs atm! .... just saying!
              There is no download section for published mods/content which isn't a map. All other sections are about discussion.

Comment

1st - already have redirect references lines set up so its much easier to copy a good one I already have then paste in your mutators info. as its much faster/easier than your technical method!

2nd - so does the default example work or not? ... again, much easier to copy/paste!

3rd - is that the only way a mutator will be pushed on a Hub is by hitting the "Download all content" buttom??? ... because I never hit that (and I know other ppl like me) because I don't want to sit there and wait 30+ minutes to download all the content just to play a couple games before I get back to work or take care of business in between other projects I work on and I know I have several friends who do the same! ppl like to be able to jump in play a couple games before the wife gets home or what not so this method has to go as I would rather dl individually 1 at a time just for this reason!

... and thank you for you time on this btw!

Comment

2nd - so does the default example work or not? ... again, much easier to copy/paste!
                  By adding the mutator as redirect, the mutator works out of the box. Nothing has to be added to configs (only if you don't use the UTGenerateRedirects command, you need to add that redirect reference to the INI file). For clients, the packages has to be downloaded first in order to have a custom mutator show up in the custom game mutator selection (this is a UT limitation). ...

3rd - is that the only way a mutator will be pushed on a Hub is by hitting the "Download all content" buttom???
                  A client with a vanilla UT needs to download (or install) any custom content before it can be used. This includes such mutaror which should be listed as a selectable mutator in a Lobby/Hub. Such content is either downloaded through that "Download All Content" button or by connecting to a server having that content active. Both require a valid redirect reference.

Again, this is a current limitation of UT how custom content is pushed. This will very likely change; also to be more convenient to use. In the words of JoeWilcox "#PreAlpha". Custom content is not their priority, therefore we have to work around this limitation to allow custom content.

Comment

So another words I do not need to add the Engin.ini stuff , I just need to drop the .pak file in my servers content/pak folder and have the redirect reference set up! .... Done!

.... then you have to hit the "Download all content" button to get it to download and show up in the mutator list! ... Done! ... then, Select > use and enjoy!

Comment

Yep.

Plus: if you join a match with the mutator already running, you will also download the mutator, afterwards it will show up as selectable mutator
                      Minus: configuring the mutator (1.0) isn't possible in a HUB

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                        Yep.

Plus: if you join a match with the mutator already running, you will also download the mutator, afterwards it will show up as selectable mutator
                        Minus: configuring the mutator (1.0) isn't possible in a HUB

awesome!

... thank you for your time!

Comment

Added as mutator option to Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub. Thanks for the mutator. Good stuff!

Comment

Thank you for making this. We play with it every time we duel on AW or SR now. Epic should include this as a mutator packaged with the game.

Comment

New version. Rebuilt for UT-UE4.11 Build 2848065 (2/1/2016). It is only a re-cooked and re-packaged version without any specific change. All the previous issues are still existing.
                              Check the first post for the download.

Report back if you notice any problem or issue with the mutator. If you have suggestions (related to the main purpose of the mutator), feel free to post 'em.

PS: Thank you all for playing/using this mutator.

Comment

Working...
                              X