Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force Pickup Spawn [Mutator][BP]

Force Pickup Spawn Mutator
    Removes any spawn delay from pickups (including powerups, health, armor, weapon and ammo pickups)

Version: 1.2
    Compatibility: built on Build 3525360 (7/12/2017; v0.1.12.1) [check the list below for more]
    Type: Blueprint
    Network version: 3525360 (CL 3525109)
    Coded by RattleSN4K3
    Credits: Epic Games, 51synister (request)
    Comment: /

Key features:
    • Removes spawn delay from powerups, weapon, ammo, health and armor pickups
    • Removes spawn delay from weapon lockers
    • Removes spawn delay from any other custom pickups
    • Option to remove spawn delay per-pickup individually
    • Full compatiblity to other mutators, gamemodes, mods
    • Configurable via INI file
    • Configurable via UI (also in-game)
    • Configurable via Parameter (server startup line)
    • No replacement of Character, PlayerController classes (or anything)
    • Works for instant action and online/multiplayer games
    • Simplified hub configuration
    • In-game hub session configuration

Config / Advanced / Advanced 2

Individual per-pickup configuration

Class dropdown / picker

In-Game Admin menu

Hub Config

In-Game Hub Admin menu

Download:
    ForcePickupSpawnMutator_v1.2.zip

Read the Readme file for more information.

Known issues:
    No known issues.

Future features / TODO:
    • Client menu showing server settings
    • Profile support (for manueal specifying, also Per-Game-mode/Per-map)

Changelog:
    v1.2
    In-game and hub administration, per inventory/pickup forced spawning (by class) and
    initial delay adjustment
    • Added: In-game administration
    • Added: Option to adjust initial delay
    • Added: Welcome message inclues per-pickup options
    • Added: Pickup cache stored into config
    • Added: FPSUseFallback and ForcePickup URL parameter
    • Changed: Force mechanism, per inventory/pickup
    • Changed: Ignore URL parameter to "FPSIgnoreConfig"
    • Fixed: Config bug not loading saved values properly on map loading

Older changelog:

Spoiler

Compatibility list:
    The mutator is currently only compatible to the latest release build 3525360 (7/12/2017; known as v0.1.12.1).
    Any previous release would require an older version.

Version 1.1.6 is compatible and working with:
    • 3525360 (7/12/2017; v0.1.12.1)

Version 1.1.5 is compatible and working with:
    • 3510431 (6/28/2017; v0.1.12)

Version 1.1.4 is compatible and working with:
    • 3395761 (4/18/2017; v0.1.11)

Version 1.1.3 is compatible and working with:
    • 3395761 (4/18/2017; v0.1.10)

Version 1.1.2 is compatible and working with:
    • 3361702 (3/28/2017; v0.1.9)

Version 1.1.1 is compatible and working with:
    • 3315666 (2/22/2017; v0.1.8)

Version 1.1 is compatible and working with:
    • 3270765 (1/26/2017; v0.1.7.1)
    • 3266206 (1/23/2017; v0.1.7)

Version 1.0 is compatible and working with:
    • 3193528 (11/11/2016)
    • 3190340 (11/10/2016)

Older versions:

Spoiler
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 07-30-2017, 05:07 PM. Reason: New version 1.2
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Thanks man! Will test it out
    www.Area51Gaming.com
    UT99 | TacOps | CS:GO

Comment

And it works like a charm - I'm using it for Elimination (Hardcore) on Area51 hubs - don't appear to be any bugs.

Thanks again RattleSN4K3!
      www.Area51Gaming.com

Comment

Okay, so after testing further and with others here's some feedback:

1) The damage amp does not drop when a player is killed with it. I'm not sure if that's due to your mutator or due it it being used in the Elimination gamemode that causes health and jump boots to drop from fragged players.

2) Is there a way to make the mutator configurable where players can specify spawn times for powerups? For instance, if an admin or player wanted to make powerups spawn at 15 or 30 seconds instead of instantly, then respawn at a different time would that be possible with this mut?

Thanks again for your work on this - the new gametype we're using it with is fun!
        www.Area51Gaming.com

Comment

Originally posted by 51synister View Post
          And it works like a charm [...] don't appear to be any bugs.
          That's good. I haven't fully tested a real client-server situation (only in-editor simulation) but from what I am doing, it should all be fine. I also tested it with Absolute Elimination before. I don't think any mutator/gamemode will be a problem resulting into a bug (other than other used mutators/gamemodes are not fully supporting other mods; the "parent call" problem).

Let me know when bugs exist, or if you or anyone is interested in the future features (or any other change). Not going to add these in the near future unless requested.

Edit: Saw your reply. Going to read it...

PS: Really good use of it, Hardcore Elimination sounds good. The reasons of the "hardcore" change are all valid.
          ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
          ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Thanks for reporting, [MENTION=10811]51synister[/MENTION].

1) The damage amp does not drop when a player is killed with it. I'm not sure if that's due to your mutator or due it it being used in the Elimination gamemode that causes health and jump boots to drop from fragged players.
            Sounds like a bug of Elimination. The ForcePickupSpawn mutator only checks and modifies pickup bases (factory). Dropped pickups are created with a special actor which Elimination is likely "destroying" (via CheckRelevance). ForcePickupSpawn does not even use CheckRelevance, instead it uses AlwaysKeep. I'm pretty sure this problem is not in relation to the use of ForcePickupSpawn, about 99% . Going to check the incidence. In general, changing the way how dropped pickups work is not the scope of this mutator.

2) Is there a way to make the mutator configurable where players can specify spawn times for powerups? For instance, if an admin or player wanted to make powerups spawn at 15 or 30 seconds instead of instantly, then respawn at a different time would that be possible with this mut?
            The mutator, in version 1.0, does not support modifying spawn times. It only removes the delay (by forcing the pickup factory to "wake up". Changing pickup spawn times is one feature I'm planning to realize with the port of my PickupRespawnTweak mutator for UT3 (non-posted video showing v1.1 configuration). Due to how "complex" the work on Blueprint mods is, not sure when I ever try something like this. It involves some magic to support respawn times without replacing anything and thus support every possible pickup (even custom ones). UT4 works similar but Blueprint is very limited in that regards. When I'm going to add such feature, it will be an additional mutator and that mutator will also get the "force spawn" option, making this mutator in combination redundant. As said, likely not gonna happen in 2017 with the complexitivity of the old PickupRespawnTweak mutator.

But who knows...

Comment

Code:
              [/Game/ALTS/Mutator_EliminationConfig.Mutator_EliminationConfig_C]
              AllowDroppedWeapons=True
              Does solve this issue. However, Elimination doesn't differentiate weapons and pickups. The player will also drop the weapons. Ask [MENTION=32221]Scoob[/MENTION] to change that (add it as feature to specific from the Elim config menu).

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                Ask Scoob to change that (add it as feature to specific from the Elim config menu).
                Good to know - will do!
                www.Area51Gaming.com

Comment

Nice work RattlesSN4K3, on the mutator, especially with regards to making it as compatible and modular as possible. Your assessments of the udmg/weapon dropping issue in elim are correct, it's an elim bug that was never noticed or addressed due to lack of popularity of the pickup options in elim. I'll look into fixing that next build.

In the meantime, another way to set up the dropped weapons workaround without needing to run the elimination config mutator, is to add ?AllowDroppedWeapons=1? to the options url string for the elim preset in rules.ini

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                    The mutator, in version 1.0, does not support modifying spawn times. It only removes the delay (by forcing the pickup factory to "wake up". Changing pickup spawn times is one feature I'm planning to realize with the port of my PickupRespawnTweak mutator for UT3 (non-posted video showing v1.1 configuration). Due to how "complex" the work on Blueprint mods is, not sure when I ever try something like this. It involves some magic to support respawn times without replacing anything and thus support every possible pickup (even custom ones). UT4 works similar but Blueprint is very limited in that regards. When I'm going to add such feature, it will be an additional mutator and that mutator will also get the "force spawn" option, making this mutator in combination redundant. As said, likely not gonna happen in 2017 with the complexitivity of the old PickupRespawnTweak mutator.

But who knows...
                    i'm very curious both about how you managed to accomplish the current functionality, and how you would plan to add the custom timing, blueprint node wise, as from what i've looked at most types of the pickupbases use the default properties of the class they have selected to spawn, for the respawn time or the spawn immediately functionality boolean, which is somewhat limiting in being able to tweak during runtime as far as i can tell

for the current functionality, is it just some sort of interface call like reset?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoob View Post
                      Nice work RattlesSN4K3, on the mutator,
                      Thanks.
                      especially with regards to making it as compatible and modular as possible.
                      Always. #1 priority .

wall-of-text follows...

Spoiler
                      Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 01-11-2017, 05:03 PM. Reason: Typos.

Comment

thanks for the awesome info, very sneaky yet effective way of queueing the objects in an array for the next tick so that they are initialized already, never seen that..

i expected ut4 to still use the default properties for the respawn time and boolean, so i'm surprised this works..so actually the pickupbase spawns the inventory item, THEN uses it's properties? hence you are able to change the values before they are used by pickup base, or the reset afterwards anyway gets it to recheck them i suppose, cool

your screenshot of the blueprint code to change the respawn time instead of the delayed spawn boolean is just as i was thinking of when i saw the first method you had for the boolean...i'm wondering why the 10000 lines of code part though, as i would think it could be managable somewhat to do custom respawn timing in bp... for instance, an array of structs of class/respawn time pairs, if the inventory class is a subclass of that entry, use that time...or even use a global multiplier for the default respawn time of any item possibly

also yeah i'm usiing reset interface call to reset the pickup bases each round indeed
                        Last edited by Scoob; 01-11-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

for elim, i would suggest that if map pickups were to be used, that perhaps half the default respawn time for each item might be a very good place to start. whereas everything spawning immediately might be a bit strange/less interesting strategically, with udmg belt and 50 armor all spawning at once...

also i think very strong pickups shouldn't spawn right as the round starts and should have at least a few seconds delay, to reduce the effect of team spawn position bias

Comment

15 seconds spawn delay for armor/30 second spawn delay for amp and belt is what people have suggested.
                            www.Area51Gaming.com

Comment

also i think very strong pickups shouldn't spawn right as the round starts and should have at least a few seconds delay, to reduce the effect of team spawn position bias
                              Depends but in general I would agree. It's something I could add to this mutator, however it wasn't requested . It's up for the new version.

15 seconds spawn delay for armor/30 second spawn delay for amp and belt is what people have suggested.
                              In a kind of way you both convinced me that such feature might be useful for this mutator as well. Not sure about the actual respawn logic (respectively changing the RespawnTime for pickups).

More technical stuff...

Spoiler
                              Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 01-11-2017, 05:04 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Working...
                              X