Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM Mutator - subtract point for death (modding tips requested)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That log file is a lot handier. Thanks.

Comment

I had a look at modifying the scoreboard the other night to show the deaths penalty - but from the code it appears the UTHUD class contains the scoreboard but doesn't allow blueprints to use a derived one.

Does this mean the code route for this sort of thing? Any open source game modes out there with modified scoreboards I could check out?

Comment

Originally posted by a cute puppy View Post
        I had a look at modifying the scoreboard the other night to show the deaths penalty - but from the code it appears the UTHUD class contains the scoreboard but doesn't allow blueprints to use a derived one.
        Check HudWidgetClasses, remove and replace with your own one. If you subclass the UTScoreboard class, it will assign the Scoreboard variable to your custom scoreboard widget.

You can't do such thing dynamically programmatically on runtime as you don't have access to created HudWidgets and thus being able to remove them. HasHudWidget only works by knowing the exact class. And there's no "RemoveHudWidget" method. BUt you can use "AddHudWidget" for adding your custom scoreboard programmtically on runtime, which will then overwrite the existing scorebored assigned to MyUTScoreboard. But the original scoreboard won't be removed nor destroyed. It may conflict the custom one or vice versa.

Originally posted by a cute puppy View Post
        Does this mean the code route for this sort of thing? Any open source game modes out there with modified scoreboards I could check out?
        There was one who re-created the scoreboard/HUD from scratch due to not being able to customize it. It was either Urgamanix or Scoop by I cannot find the relevant thread/post for now.
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
        X