Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] UT2004 Movement Mutator [7/11/18]

UT2004 movement in UT4.

Uses converted values from UT2004 to simulate UT2004 movement. This mutator also modifies the Impact Hammer to give a larger boost. Uses UT2004's player size (from 2.16→1.76m) which happens to scale better for UT4 maps.

Download:
    https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/version/1101/file (direct link)
    https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/mutator/...ement?tab=view (server admin link)

Videos

Spoiler

Issues

Spoiler

Conversion information / admin info / source code

Spoiler

Credits:

Spoiler
    Last edited by Calypto; 07-14-2018, 05:19 PM.
    UT2004 Movement Mutator

The headbutting seems real, at least in that map.

#2 is not a thing in any UT including UT4. Running has one max speed regardless of direction.
    #4 is also not a thing, assuming "straight dodge" means forward or backward. Dodge speed and distance is the same left, right, forwards or backwards in every UT.
    #5 I'm not quite sure what you meant, but walldodging should work pretty much the same way as 2k4. UT4 does have a separate walldodge speed, but that is unrelated to any angles.

Comment

Epic make this offical^^

Comment

Originally posted by Stolid View Post
        The headbutting seems real, at least in that map.

#2 is not a thing in any UT including UT4. Running has one max speed regardless of direction.
        #4 is also not a thing, assuming "straight dodge" means forward or backward. Dodge speed and distance is the same left, right, forwards or backwards in every UT.
        #5 I'm not quite sure what you meant, but walldodging should work pretty much the same way as 2k4. UT4 does have a separate walldodge speed, but that is unrelated to any angles.
        The headbutting exists in the original. Side dodging achieves greater distance because you have a running start at a better angle. Try doing a running forward dodge.
        #5: https://youtu.be/4Qc8O896goo
        UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

That isn't related to it being a side dodge, a running start with a forward or backward dodge will get you the exact same distance as it just conserves your running momentum.
          It still works the same way in UT4, I suspect you've increased the dodge speed and are hitting the max dodge speed which 2k4 doesn't have. Increasing it should solve it.

The angle thing is the same issue, to get maximum speed you have to dodge in the same direction off the wall as you do on the ground.

Comment

Thanks for your help, I didn't realize there was a limiter. That explained why the momentum of side dodges didn't help. It feels much better now.

Updated the download.
            Last edited by Calypto; 07-02-2017, 10:59 PM.
            UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

nice work calypto. Personally i like the multiwalldodge abilty. I dislike the slide. My dream-movement is between. Both are not an option in a 100% ut2004 jump mutator.
              One thing is a nice UT2004 movement mutator like yours, which people will use.
              Another thing is a nice Movement Mutator with UI, where u can easily change maxmultijumps or Slide on/off etc in the mutator UI ingame. This way you can make sure, everyone can have their option of jumps they wanna use. (quad jumps, no double jump, etc) - Keep up the nice work!
              Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. That's a great suggestion but I unfortunately don't know how to make a configurable mutator, especially with multiple variables. I'll have to take a look at the instagib mutator and see how to make check boxes, as configurable Multidodge/quad jump/sliding would be amazing to have.
                Unfortunately the maps as of right now are tiny, and it's impossible to edit cooked maps (great way to kill a game). My ideal goal with this mutator would be to find the perfect movement/character scale values and find the right scaling factor to be able to convert UT2004 trials maps nearly flawlessly.
                UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

What's the map showcased on the video? It feels very similar to Roughinery
                  > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
                  > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
                  > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

Originally posted by FrostbyteGR View Post
                    What's the map showcased on the video? It feels very similar to Roughinery
                    I'm working on converting Backspace, the one Scinbed did used the castle theme which I didn't like.
                    UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

Updated to fix impulse values when multijumping/wall dodging, also fixed dodge landing to allow you to turn directions quickly like in UT2004

July 8: Fixed air control, dodge height, step height, landing "inertia"
                      July 10: Resized the character from 1.84m to 1.76m to match UT2004 scale, this also fixes any "headbutting" in UT4-scaled maps
                      To do: UT2004 gravity with UT2004 exact values, UT4 gravity as an option
                      Last edited by Calypto; 07-12-2017, 04:27 AM.
                      UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

• Recooked for latest build (0.1.12.1)
                        • Changed the gravity to UT2004 gravity, added UT4 gravity as a mutator option

July 14
                        • Added a "Shield Gun" when you spawn

Last edited by Calypto; 07-14-2017, 09:00 AM.
                        UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

Does anyone know why the mutator causes warping online? I don't want to make another thread just for this.
                          UT2004 Movement Mutator

Comment

I'm not sure about warping - this might be due to how you modded movement in particular, in conjunction with client-server sync (something in Tick, etc?)...

...I made some measurements on jumping for '99 '04 and current game - maybe it might be useful somehow:
                            game air time jump height in abs. units (and measured max speed relation) percieved heigh increase @ apex (i.e. eye height change)
                            '99 .755 59.16 @ 400 = 14.8% 1.84
                            '04 .720 60.65 @ 440 = 13.8% 1.69
                            UE4 .677 125.4 @ 940 = 13.3% 1.65
                            - got sig? -

Comment

Originally posted by Calypto View Post
                              Does anyone know why the mutator causes warping online? I don't want to make another thread just for this.

Spoiler
                              My guess. Movement values aren't replicated and you are only setting these server-sided and thus the client "syncs" the player back... and with the next server update, the position goes "back".
                              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
                              X