Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT99 - Hanging, vertical flapping customisable (textures) banners for UT99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT99 - Hanging, vertical flapping customisable (textures) banners for UT99?

Hi again folks,

As per my re-imagining of the old W00tabulous map, (well, mine's an improvement of my re-imagining of it, if that makes sense), I wanted to use a couple of hanging cloth banners that actually 'flap' as if in a light breeze. Hanging, vertical/narrow and can be customised with my own textures (so, size-wise, to the power of two, so something like a 4:1 ideally). All I've seen in an Unreal Tournament map was a pair of lifeless ones which didn't flap or move; such a pity. So, does anyone know where I can find any of these flapping flags for UT99? I know they weren't released with Unreal Tournament and now 18 years later, (I was 2 years late to the frag fest), I can't find any custom ones on the internet. I get it's possibly to do with meshes, code, polys, CPU usage and such like, but I THINK I have seen some but I am just not too sure where.

If anyone knows anything that CAN help (or will highly likely be able to), then do please leave a response or DM me into my inbox, thank you! Oh, almost forgot, two more things, one more important than the other 1). They *MUST* work online. 2). I don't mind TOO much if they're short n stout,.. but if they were kinda long n narrow, that'd be much better.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	stockvectorredelegantverticalflagmockupsisolatedonawhitebackgroundsetofvectorbannerflag554802538.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	401371

Something like these in terms of ratio/dimensions, (without the metal supports/poles).
    Last edited by R3plicant; 07-17-2018, 09:41 PM.

hey R3p ! Long time no see. Madis placed some animated banners in his CTF-((SMP))OceanDepths][, maybe you saw them there.
    It's in Botpack.utbannerM and it has a "Sway" animation if you look in the mesh browser.
    -Fn>Metalfist
    ---------------------
    Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Originally posted by Metalfist
      hey R3p ! Long time no see. Madis placed some animated banners in his CTF-((SMP))OceanDepths][, maybe you saw them there.
      It's in Botpack.utbannerM and it has a "Sway" animation if you look in the mesh browser.
      Hey, I hope you're well. Indeed, LONG time no see. I hear you've been galavanting across the galaxy,.. ok, so maybe not THAT far, but Europe, work? As for Madis's map and the animated banners in it, ahh ok, I'll have a nosy now, (just installed the maps from the SMP Map Pack, will see what I can do with it). Thank you for the tip - much appreciated. Stay in touch.

Comment

Working...
      X