HeatMap (Server and Editor) [25/10/2018]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] HeatMap (Server and Editor) [25/10/2018]

This HeatMap implementation consists of two parts, a mutator and a collection of blueprints for the editor. This allows level designers to take a more in-depth look at their data.

Feature Highlights:

No mutator updates - meaning your data prior to the update will work perfectly
    Huge performance improvements and loading time optimizations
    Weapon Sorting - You can now enter the weapon name you want to view, and only data relevant to that weapon will show as well as how many kills and suicides were found with the selected weapon, and the visualizer can automatically find the most dominant weapon in your loaded data sets, and show it to you

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Features:

Spoiler

Downloads:

Instructions:

Spoiler

Update Instruction:

Spoiler

Changelog:

Spoiler

Upcoming Features:

Spoiler

Bugs, Issues and workarounds:

Spoiler

This is being made as an optional student project, and is built for DeathMatch levels as that is our project.
    The project ends November 2018, and afterwards I plan to continue supporting this and focus on compatibility with all game modes
    You can donate, if my work has helped you.
    Thank you guys for being awesome and keeping the game alive.
    Second Year Technical Designer at BUAS, signing off.
    Last edited by MrTapa; 10-31-2018, 03:34 PM.

A neat mutator you've posted here MrTapa. Thank you for share'n this with the rest us!
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

wow that looks cool throw something like that with some movement ontop of it on the regular map in game and youve got some real neat stuff there. sure would add some flavor to an otherwise boring gray map screen full of info i like it but then again im just a fan who loves the editor with all his heart, nothing much realy
      f

Comment

Since you're detecting movements, I was wondering if it would be possible to make something to visualize how much time a player/bot stays in a precise spot. The idea behind would be to detect places where bots are getting stuck in order to eliminate them. User would have to determine a maximum time and everything over would be considered abnormal. Then maybe in another view, show places where time spent is abnormal by a spot, bigger time value bigger spot. In case you have several spots in a small area, it would probably mean that you have a camping zone so it would also help to detect that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSoulBack View Post
          Since you're detecting movements, I was wondering if it would be possible to make something to visualize how much time a player/bot stays in a precise spot. The idea behind would be to detect places where bots are getting stuck in order to eliminate them. User would have to determine a maximum time and everything over would be considered abnormal. Then maybe in another view, show places where time spent is abnormal by a spot, bigger time value bigger spot. In case you have several spots in a small area, it would probably mean that you have a camping zone so it would also help to detect that.
          Good idea, I will keep it in mind for future releases. However you can basically detect these spots yourself. The movement is recorded on a fixed timer, and not on distance traveled by the character, meaning if they stay stuck in one place or roam a certain spot frequently, the movement color, when you visualize the data, will be bright, as there are multiple overlaps happening there

Comment

Working...
          X