No Pickup Timer Mutator [BP][Updated: 2017-07-15]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pickup Timer Mutator [BP][Updated: 2017-07-15]

No Pickup Timer Mutator (formerly No Pie-Chart Mutator)
    This is a simple mutator to remove the Pickup Timer (formerly known as Pie-Chart) of any pickup.

Version: 18
    Compatibility: built on Build 3525360 (7/12/2017; v0.1.12.1) [check the list below for more]
    Type: Blueprint
    Network version: 3525360 (CL 3525109)
    Coded by RattleSN4K3
    Credits: Epic Games

Preview:
    No Timer
    (Screenshots of DM-Batrankus by G.Lecter)

Note:
    As of version 4, the mutator path has changed. If you are running a server with an older version than 4, you need to change the path.

Download:
    NoPickupTimerMutatorR18.zip

Changelog:
    R18:
    • Re-cooked mutator for new build
    R17:
    R16:
    R15:
    R14:
    R13:
    • Re-check pickups if previously failed removing timer sprite
    R12:
    • Re-cooked mutator for new major build
    R11:
    R10:
    R10:
    R9:
    R8:
    R7:
    R6:
    • Fixed: Missing call of parent methods in overriden events
    R5:
    • Re-cooked mutator for new build (a lot smaller in size)
    R4:
    • Renamed mutator
    • Re-written mutator for new build (using new timer)
    R3:
    • Cleanup variables
    • Removed fallback case of detaching and removing timer sprite
    • Added Match start update
    R2:
    • Removed debug code
    Compatibility list:
    The mutator is currently only compatible to the latest release build 3525360 (7/12/2017; known as v0.1.12.1).
    Any previous release would require an older version.

Spoiler

Older versions:

Spoiler

Source code / Blueprint

Spoiler
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 07-15-2017, 08:51 AM. Reason: Added new version: R18
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Left debug code in that previous version. Mutator updated.
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Wow, that is the ugliest hack solution I've seen yet. That works online for sure?

There is a flag that turns them off that is just not BP writable. Mons has a PR in to fix that and hopefully they will merge it.
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

It works in multiplayer. Online (related to timing) is not tested. There is not indication that it would not work.

Why is it a ugly hack? Basically only SetVisiblity is required but TACCOM might set the visiblity. bOnlyOwnerSee is a fallback which works as well. Removing the TimerSprite is just another fallback which actually doesn't destroy the component.

Note: the first post actually stated that mutator defaults were set. That was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
          Wow, that is the ugliest hack solution I've seen yet.
          You were actually correct, I used the wrong reference for "Only Owner See". The editor crashed before and I did not save the class. Had to re-create the nodes from scratch. Destroying the component actually throws an error/warning. I removed that fallback case as well.

I cleaned up the mutator and added a method which will force the charts being hidden when the match starts. The updated mutator is in the first post (Version 3 / R3).

Comment

I dunno for sure. Your solution is quite similar to one that Mons proposed last week however his ended up being broken online.
            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I did get mine working online just not on dedicated, Im not sure why but the order of events must fire differently, I was trying to iterate all the bases after each controller was registered but that didnt work. Raxxy did suggest just replacing the pickup bases with a new one without the timer. Honestly having the boolean available is just so much nicer so I'll just wait.
              Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-12-2015, 10:53 AM.
              Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

I don't run a server (and haven't downloaded the server build; not sure if the client has included a server option), so i'm not able to check if it works. But basically, if the engine/codebase works fully reliable, there is no reason that such mutator doesn't work.

@Mons
                I wrote a comment on your PR, i'm not sure if that boolean flag would solve the case.

Comment

Tested the mutator with a dedicated server (with the Launcher build). It works without any problem. Played some minutes and the timer charts don't show up. No server errors (probably also no client errors).

Comment

Cool, good work.

They really need to make that bool on the Pickup class work if it really doesn't.

Comment

I've updated the new version. Since this new build is a bit different, I've rewritten the full mutator (also renamed files). As I tested server ded server instances running this mutator and clients connecting to it - which worked - I did not test for this version. Report back if there are any problems. Download is always in the first post.

Currently, the pickup timer is hidden for every player including spectators. Codewise, there is no proper way to check for team changes for now (spec to player, player to spec, etc.), so I left that feature out of having player based functioning.

Comment

My hero^^ , i wanted to PM you to do this, but after UT3 i thought that you might of had enough of my requests.

Really big thanks for reading what the community says and implementing features like this. You appear to do this stuff easily and i guess you can learn from it to improve your own skill set.

p.s. i basically would like everything (i mean relevant code and fixes/ changes) from UT3 for UT4, which looking back is not as much as i would have hoped.

All my UT3 code is wanted for UT4:
                        • UTRecommendedPlayersMutator = Forcing Max player count limit set to level designer request, over limit = spectator mode.
                        • Allow translocator = Translocator in DM/ TDM
                        • Spawn points and spawning system that checks for "last known spawn" & "check player distance"
                        • Random vehicle spawns (at set locations) - not relevant ATM but p.s. VCTF can be made by replacing pawn for vehicle, ok its not great but it works, further testing will begin soon
                        • bta style spawn with weapons and health

then we have my much needed level design additions:
                        • - new default BSP set (more complex and cool BSP shapes)
                        • - low end reflection (not sure if this is needed anymore)
                        • - ladders (have not checked if ue4 has this)
                        • and alot more i cannot think of yet

Request:
                        Out of these the one you made was this one: UTRecommendedPlayersMutator
                        I would appreciate it if you could do this again.

Sorry but after how difficult it was for me to learn unreal script i cannot put myself through that for UT4 with blueprints and C++.

oh and whilst downloading your file:
                        - i had a really weird pop up. anyone else get this?
                        Last edited by TKBS; 05-29-2015, 06:35 AM.
                        Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

Updated the mutator. Cooked/staged with the latest build 2604259 (6/30/2015) (not the 2601606 6/26/2015). Check the first post for the download.

@TKBS: Not sure what to say. About the UTRecommendedPlayersMutator, such mutator will likely be a core feature (or requested through pull requests).

Comment

New release for the current build. Client: 2634754 (Cooked/staged with 2637632; hotfix editor build; 7/29/2015). The download is as always in the first post. There is also a small change to the Blueprint which would fix running this mutator along others (tech note: missing parent calls for overriden methods).

Note about future release(s):
                            The core codebase still misses a feature to detect team changes (including from spec to player and vice versa). Unitl that feature is implement, spectators also got timers removed (maybe I should create a pull request... ).

Comment

Does this work with the current build? I'd love to see this as an optional mutator that can be added to custom games to remove timers from weapons and armors.

Comment

Working...
                              X