Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Cosmetic Items

Hi folks,

So a while ago I started experimenting with a few new things, one of these were cosmetics, and a few hours later managed to get the idea of cosmetics rolling. After reading up on the kill/skull count needed to unlock the pumpkin head hat, I decided to make my own instead, and from there, I kind of just ran with the cosmetic idea, and also have another helmet that is still heavily a w.i.p at the moment. xD

Here is a few cosmetics I've added to the game thus far, still want to add more stylized things, so most of these are just basic eyewear etc. (More for the merc style characters out there) Haven't tested these on the skaarj, as I haven't unlocked him yet or actually being one for the skaarj. The below cosmetics work (except the w.i.p cosmetics such as the helmet at the bottom of this post.) I haven't tested these cosmetics on servers nor any alien races, I don't play online nor do I play as an alien character.

Evil Pumpkin Head:
    Custom built pumpkin inspired by the Spooky Face Pumpkins xD

Preview of the model can be seen (it is the same model, just animated): https://skfb.ly/HRuU
    [DOWNLOAD MOD]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyr2rl2ju7...20Head.7z?dl=0

Shield-Eyewear:
    Something more for the female players

[DOWNLOAD MOD]:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pe7slggxx...lasses.7z?dl=0

Visse Hairstyle:
    Can only make short hair at the moment, anything longer might result in clipping, so for now this is all I can do for hair. xD

[DOWNLOAD MOD]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czzt46xltmuix34/Hat%20-%20Visse%20Hairstyle.7z?dl=0

Sci-fi Glasses:
    For the more Epic players

[DOWNLOAD MOD]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fkat437o3...lasses.7z?dl=0

Custom Xelus Beret:
    A simple mesh and material/texture edit

[Early] Work in progress Full face Helmet:
    Not one for showing w.i.p, but thought someone MIGHT like it. Don't have a name for him yet, and not sure if a "Green Team" is going to be added, if so, I might have to change the color of the lights, as well as obviously add team colors once there is a decent mesh and textures made for him.

Last edited by Xelus; 10-28-2015, 03:27 PM.

That helmet :OO awesome work man, please show us more really like the hairstyle, too!

Comment

Great work.

Helmet is nice.

I wanted a Pumpkin head constantly so this is good.
      Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
        That helmet :OO awesome work man, please show us more really like the hairstyle, too!
        Glad to know you like it, still a ways off before the helmet would be worth looking at xD. As for the hairstyle, not completely satisfied with it yet, though anything is better than the baldness UT has gone with.

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
        Great work.

Helmet is nice.

I wanted a Pumpkin head constantly so this is good.
        Glad to know you like it. Same here, I've been wanting a pumpkin head ever since they announced it, and being one for playing offline more than really online, I thought I might as well make my own pumpkin head version instead, no level requirement, no 5000 kill / Skull collection requirement, just pure old school "already" unlocked from the start haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Xelus View Post
          Glad to know you like it, still a ways off before the helmet would be worth looking at xD. As for the hairstyle, not completely satisfied with it yet, though anything is better than the baldness UT has gone with.

Glad to know you like it. Same here, I've been wanting a pumpkin head ever since they announced it, and being one for playing offline more than really online, I thought I might as well make my own pumpkin head version instead, no level requirement, no 5000 kill / Skull collection requirement, just pure old school "already" unlocked from the start haha.
          Just mentioned on twitch that not all seasonal content will be kept, so getting this pumpkin hat done is more important now

Comment

Just missed the stream, well the pumpkin head is fully working in the game. So if there is enough interest for it, I'll share the .pak file. xD This and all the other cosmetics above are all fully working (from what I could test in-game) and is already packed into their respective paks.

Comment

Just missed the stream, well the pumpkin head is fully working in the game. So if there is enough interest for it, I'll share the .pak file. xD This and all the other cosmetics above are all fully working (from what I could test in-game) and is already packed into their respective paks.
              I'd be interested.

There was another comment about it, but I didn't catch it as the twitch stream went down and I just caught the end of it when I switched over to youtube.

Comment

LOL, I was trying to think of what your helmet reminded me of....

Alienware Area 51

Comment

I'd be interested.

There was another comment about it, but I didn't catch it as the twitch stream went down and I just caught the end of it when I switched over to youtube.
                  Main post updated with download links above each of the available images of the modifications. Readmes are included if you're unsure about anything.

LOL, I was trying to think of what your helmet reminded me of....

Alienware Area 51

I absolutely love that case, I've actually modeled the case a while ago just for kicks.

Comment

Main post updated with download links above each of the available images of the modifications. Readmes are included if you're unsure about anything.

I absolutely love that case, I've actually modeled the case a while ago just for kicks.
                    Great thanks.

Now applied

Attached Files
                    Last edited by richardboegli; 10-28-2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Update 02: Cosmetic Helmet

Minor update:

- Added small details to the faceplate
                      - Added Detail to the pipes
                      - Added Pipe Sockets
                      - Added bolts on either side of the face
                      - Added details to the Internals (which can be seen from the side and rear)
                      - Added small rear vents (one of which is a light)
                      - Added generic texture for the time being
                      - Added secondary color to the Helmet

Comment

Nice. I like how it is getting more detailed.

Maybe a direct side by side comparison in future?

I opened up the post in two windows to compare

Couldn't have done it while on mobile without more effort.

Comment

This might become my favorite helmet ever. Would love to see a whole character with this design please don't drop this one, it has tons of potential! I want to see it on the marketplace

Comment

Nice. I like how it is getting more detailed.

Maybe a direct side by side comparison in future?

I opened up the post in two windows to compare

Couldn't have done it while on mobile without more effort.
                            Thanks, good idea, I'll do that with the next update.

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                            This might become my favorite helmet ever. Would love to see a whole character with this design please don't drop this one, it has tons of potential! I want to see it on the marketplace
                            Thank you! Glad to know you like it. I doubt it would be good enough for the market place (when compared to some of the other quality work done around here), but I'll try my best.

Comment

Curious to see how helmet designs will work with skaarj dreads. Perhaps some way of giving an indication of whats behind the helmet? or does the helmet completely replace the head?

Comment

Working...
                              X